Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I've been watching on the CAI stuff and for me I've got Roto-Fab at the top of my list. I think they have the best all around product to offer (looks, price, HP, Customer Service).

Did you see the thread today where East TX Musclecars got 20 rwhp after they added it to their Stage 1 kit? Look for it in the LS3/L99 group.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks for all of the diection and info! I have decided on the Roto-fab based on their performance results and the CUSTOMER SERVICE. To me Customer service is everything. Now i need to find out who has the cheapest .....I have an IOM Camaro ss and want the red with the red boots/hoses ......im sure there have to be some good deals out there. any vendors can feel free to pm me with their best pricing including shipping. Once again.....thanks for everybody's input!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I was looking at some of the CAI at ************ site and it list a stage 1 and then a stage 2 CAI. What is the difference in stages?

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
Thanks for all of the diection and info! I have decided on the Roto-fab based on their performance results and the CUSTOMER SERVICE. To me Customer service is everything. Now i need to find out who has the cheapest .....I have an IOM Camaro ss and want the red with the red boots/hoses ......im sure there have to be some good deals out there. any vendors can feel free to pm me with their best pricing including shipping. Once again.....thanks for everybody's input!
Nice choice I don't think R-F sells the red tube. I think you'll need to get the black one painted. I like the black tube with the red hoses for contrast, especially if you have a painted engine cover. Pic shows standard black tube, black heat shield, oiled filter, and red hoses(they match IOM color very well).

ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Nice choice I don't think R-F sells the red tube. I think you'll need to get the black one painted. I like the black tube with the red hoses for contrast, especially if you have a painted engine cover. Pic shows standard black tube, black heat shield, oiled filter, and red hoses(they match IOM color very well).

SOLD! Now just to find the best deal! Thanks for the picture!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #20
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
vararam...we may never know, remember it will be out mid September, no end of September, well no, november for sure, well......maybe before Thanksgiving...................................... ..........................
great christmas present
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
http://www.zzmotorsports.com/zznew_011.htm

Not sure if they are the cheapest but I think they are one of the cheapest. He's a member on the forum as well. I can't find it on his site but I've seen it on there before. If I remember correctly it was $330 + $10 for a painted box and I think they have IOM boxes as well. Although ffrcobra_65's setup looks really...really....good.

BTW, here is the thread I was talking about. This looks like the exact setup I want to do. Just sent them a PM and their prices on the Stage 1 kit are pretty damn good.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50363
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
BlownSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
http://www.zzmotorsports.com/zznew_011.htm

Not sure if they are the cheapest but I think they are one of the cheapest. He's a member on the forum as well. I can't find it on his site but I've seen it on there before. If I remember correctly it was $330 + $10 for a painted box and I think they have IOM boxes as well. Although ffrcobra_65's setup looks really...really....good.

BTW, here is the thread I was talking about. This looks like the exact setup I want to do. Just sent them a PM and their prices on the Stage 1 kit are pretty damn good.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50363

very cool! thanks for the link tot the thread....good info!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #23
venom8298

Drives: F350 King Ranch
zzmotorsports has a great price for the roto-fab and has great customer service Mine is on its way as I type this!
venom8298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #24
BlownSS

i see that they have a special or group buy......anybody familiar with the price?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #25
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
Excellent choice! Here's mine!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #26
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I like the look of that Air Raid. It's more stock looking--like it belongs there.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
We have the air aid for a great price, but also the TSP induction is working really well. We will have them here late next week!!!
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #28
bdg

Drives: 2010 camaro
"Best" is a relative term. What may be best for you may not be best for me. I think any of the CAI's that were tested would be a wise investment. I myself was on the fence with Cold Air Inductions and ADM. They are very similar in design (I liked certain things on both). I chose CAI because of the price diff. (not knocking Andy, he seems to have a nice product) and the fact it had 1/4 turn screws to take the top off, and the box is insulated. Do not buy an intake for a couple of horsepower difference, you will not notice it. Buy the one that you like the best overall.

Last edited by bdg; 11-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.
bdg is offline   Reply With Quote