Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
Chaos Machine

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
how are these going to hold up to the elements, like for instance...chicago winters
Chaos Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
mine are fine, QTP's don't believe the dyno results. I had mine done 3 open 3 closed on the same day under the same conditions.0 difference in HP. Also he popping and spitting when you decelerate is significant. So if our not a fan of that I'd vote against cutouts, I got them to keep the wife and daughter from complaining about the noise. I'd go with the muffler change out if you don't have anyone or thing keeping you from getting them. They do sound nice when they are open though.There is a guy in the classifieds sellin a set of ss muflers for $200. Just the muffles. He said they are too loud for his liking. Who knows might be just right for you.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
I think I am leaning toward QTP. Don't let me down guys.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
For performance....neither. Cutouts don't gain anything other then the bad ass sound.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #19
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
why do they claim at least 18 hp. Is that not true?
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 AM   #20
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
For performance....neither. Cutouts don't gain anything other then the bad ass sound.

You think back in the old days when guys took there Rods to the local track and had open exhaust or cutouts it was to sound good ?

cutouts are used to vent the engine's spent gases to the atmosphere without having to pass it through the mufflers and the tailpipes.
Cutouts give all the benefits of a completely open exhaust and the massive decrease in backpressure.

I'm not so sure on these cars what they would do however they do work.

get the car up to about 40 open them and step on it !!!!!!!
You lose Tons of low end power and torque however when the car reaches higher RPM's they do there job.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
bdg

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You think back in the old days when guys took there Rods to the local track and had open exhaust or cutouts it was to sound good ?

cutouts are used to vent the engine's spent gases to the atmosphere without having to pass it through the mufflers and the tailpipes.
Cutouts give all the benefits of a completely open exhaust and the massive decrease in backpressure.

I'm not so sure on these cars what they would do however they do work.

get the car up to about 40 open them and step on it !!!!!!!
You lose Tons of low end power and torque however when the car reaches higher RPM's they do there job.
Loosing tons of low end power and torque is not a good thing. These cars are heavy. Some engines will respond to open exh. and some run better with backpressure. The companies selling these would not be the first to claim false dyno gains ( not saying they are lying, but dyno's can be altered to get what you want).
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #22
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SSRS View Post
I just heard the Noweeds yesterday, it is just insane.
Thanks for the compliment..!!! I appreciate it. I have the NOWEEDS system on my 2SS/L99 and it's an awesome system. I've had multiple tech guys examine the system and they all commented on the quality and parts used to build the system. They said they've never seen such a well built system and they have installed quite a few "cut outs". They are diverters with top quality parts being used, so hence the price difference.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
Description of the NOWEEDS system: 2 polished stainless steel BOLT-IN diverter valve assemblies with 2ea-200lb. push/pull Dakota Digital linear actuators containing internal limit switches and programmable positioning- PAC-3100 Dakota Digital linear controller with billet aluminum led push button switch- wire ties- wiring harness with weatherproof connectors- 4 slip connector clamps- 2 mandrel bent pipes installed, 2 turndowns installed.

"http://www.youtube.com/v/4FHdbgvNNWo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& "http://www.youtube.com/v/4FHdbgvNNWo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #24
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I have an interest in both of these systems and I do believe when it comes time I will put in the NOWEEDS or WEEDS systems (I do believe they have a weld in version). Reason being is I want a diverter and not a cut out. The NOWEEDS guys tout their product as being a diverter or bypass. The cutout route is going to mess up with the back pressure and such (stuff a bit beyond me). I want my exhaust to go either out the bypass or out the pipe but not a mix of both.

Cheers
Kinley
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #25
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
We have run DMH low profiles on all of our cars and not had an issue. They also have a 4 year warranty, which is really nice. I like that they weld on..gives one less place to leak.

http://marylandspeed.com/dmh-low-pro...ut-p-1313.html

Here are some pictures of them on our G8.

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
BOBSS
Outlaw

Drives: 2010SS
I have the QTP ovals aft of ARH headers.
10,000 miles and frequent, daily operation. We'll see how they take an Illinois winter soon enough. If you want a show piece, get the noweeds, they look really sweet. If you want the effect for the best price, I don't see how you can beat the QTP's, assuming you know someone who can weld stainless. my controller is routed up through the console. I bought the digital controller, but I will tell you they are either full open or closed. I have found no reason for any of the other 98 positions. I got a dyno tune and I lost power (5-10 hp) over the curve with the cutouts open vs the 419/401 with headers and tune, but that's not why I got them. I'm certain you would see more power over the stock tune on a stock exhaust. I really think headers should be your first purchase if you're thinking about modding the exhaust at all.

This isn't for everyone. Anything over 2000 RPM is brutal. At idle however, you'll be surrounded by dropping jaws. Headers and a cam, I would expect tears of joy.
BOBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
TEAMBADDASS
2010 2SSRS Camaro #72

Drives: 08denali08dually72chevy2010SS
Im not saying qtp is better but they probably sound just as good or maybe better but i can say they are a lot cheaper in cost..i have them on my cammed 10'maro and my cammed denali
heres some vids up close

TEAMBADDASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #28
AdamCzap

Drives: 18 zl1, 17 sierra denali
Here's my dyno vid with the noweeds.net system wide open. no other mods besides CAI inc. air intake! sounds amazing! i agree with the others who say build quality is top notch. i was REALLY impressed by that. i did the install in my driveway with the car on ramps and jacked up.

AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote