Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #785
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMSS View Post
I received mind and been driving it for about 50 miles and noticed more poping from exhaust on deceleration. I haven't really got on the car too much since I'm also breaking in new gears.
Since the torque increase is supposed be throughout, can you tell any difference? If the wedge works like advertised you should feel it in low rpms too, like taking off from a stoplight. Since you didn't say, I'm assuming no.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #786
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
If he's breaking in new gears he probably wouldnt notice much change anyway as his car has had a much more dramatic drivability change as it is.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #787
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Tracy.. how much are you charging to port the LS3 intake these days? and do you have cores?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #788
BplumCrazy-SS

Drives: 416 w/TH400
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Tracy.. how much are you charging to port the LS3 intake these days? and do you have cores?
Yes this pm me a price
BplumCrazy-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #789
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BplumCrazy-SS View Post
Yes this pm me a price
Here you go fellas :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134883

Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #790
IndeedSS1

Quote:
If he's breaking in new gears he probably wouldnt notice much change anyway as his car has had a much more dramatic drivability change as it is.
This is very true.

She is only memory now.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #791
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
This is very true.
Yeah, gears were the most noticeable mod I've done. Depending on the ratio, it's like adding 50+ ft lbs of TQ. Gonna be real hard to notice and additional couple HP from the VR.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #792
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
INSTALLED MINE TODAY:

-seems my difference was immediate
-noticeable mid range and topend gain
-I usually (not all the time) pull of my road onto the highway and put it in manual mode in 1st gear. Punch it. IT NEVER SPINS. It does now. I did it multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The first time it lit them up so fast (the road has ruts) it slung me to the right onto the shoulder and hit the limiter fast. So I went to some flatter road again. It will still spin them from a roll. It was 92 degrees when I was taking my test drive. Usually in this heat it feels like a dog. I'll put it to you this way, it pull as hard or harder as it usually does on a 60 degree day. Give you an idea how hit it is, when I was putting it on, I had to change my shirt within 5 minutes it's so hot and humid today.
-I feel certain it picked it up. How much? I dunno. Put it does pull harder. I know my car very well. It seemed like the last 500 rpm before it shifted, it continued to to whereas before it would go flat then shift.

I have a vararam. I shortened the boot against their advice. It was a pain in the ass as it was to get the intake on and off and damn near impossible with spacing the tb out farther. No bogging. No issues. I like it. Maybe I'm imagining shit, but the tires spinning from a roll tells me otherwise. You be the judge.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #793
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
INSTALLED MINE TODAY:

-I usually (not all the time) pull of my road onto the highway and put it in manual mode in 1st gear. Punch it. IT NEVER SPINS. It does now. I did it multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. The first time it lit them up so fast (the road has ruts) it slung me to the right onto the shoulder and hit the limiter fast. So I went to some flatter road again. It will still spin them from a roll. It was 92 degrees when I was taking my test drive. Usually in this heat it feels like a dog. I'll put it to you this way, it pull as hard or harder as it usually does on a 60 degree day. Give you an idea how hit it is, when I was putting it on, I had to change my shirt within 5 minutes it's so hot and humid today.
-I feel certain it picked it up. How much? I dunno. Put it does pull harder. I know my car very well. It seemed like the last 500 rpm before it shifted, it continued to to whereas before it would go flat then shift.

I have a vararam. I shortened the boot against their advice. It was a pain in the ass as it was to get the intake on and off and damn near impossible with spacing the tb out farther. No bogging. No issues. I like it. Maybe I'm imagining shit, but the tires spinning from a roll tells me otherwise. You be the judge.
Would it be possible to remove the throttle body and intake all together and then put the spacer in?
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #794
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabamaro View Post
Would it be possible to remove the throttle body and intake all together and then put the spacer in?
That's what I did.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #795
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
Quote:
INSTALLED MINE TODAY:

I have a hard time believing all this when even the manufacture only claims 10hp max. You installed a $100 plastic wedge not a $8000 supercharger
Sorry i hope mine performs this well but i don't think it will.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #796
Camarowguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeko View Post
I have a hard time believing all this when even the manufacture only claims 10hp max. You installed a $100 plastic wedge not a $8000 supercharger
Sorry i hope mine performs this well but i don't think it will.
Yea me too. It is what it is. The torque increased claimed in the midrange is 22ftlbs tho.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Old 07-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #797
IndeedSS1

Quote:
INSTALLED MINE TODAY:

We appreciate you testing this and reporting back.

She is only memory now.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #798
Camarowguy

Well I noticed something else. After I do a mid I like to test my steady state mileage on the same stretch of interstate with the cruise on going 60mph (posted limit). So I said what the heck and reset my average mileage and got on the interstate, set cruise and let it do it's thing. Last time I checked it, it registered 23.5mpg. I have afm disabled also. Stock I registered 27.1mpg. I've made no changes other than the wedge. ( boy I know I'm asking for it, but I'm posting the truth. Believe it or not, I don't care) here's what I registered this morning.

2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo