Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #57
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...and, if your are crying about laying a 20 down today, for anything, then theres not much that's gonna make ya happy on this planet if it was a good deal or not to you...just sayin.....
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #58
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
My wife and I had a lovely dinner at St. Elmos. We both had a ribeye she had a house salad and a sweet tea. I got the shrimp c0cktail and a coke. We shared a cheesecake. It totalled $144.

I believe 20 bucks a person for two days is a steal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 08-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #59
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
My wife and I had a lovely dinner at St. Elmos. We both had a ribeye she had a house salad and a sweet tea. I got the shrimp c0cktail and a coke. We shared a cheesecake. It totalled $144.

I believe 20 bucks a person for two days is a steal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
****tail... LOL

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 08-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #60
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Friday night I was downtown looking for a place to eat. While walking around the area we couldn't find the place we wanted to go, and instead of walking around aimlessly I decided that i would suck up my manhood and ask for help from a stranger. We were near an upscale business that was very crowded. Outside a bit near the place was a man sitting on the corner, with a sign. He may have been homeless, or it may have been a scam, but he was asking for food, outside of an expensive restaurant. I figured that many of the people in the area were not from there, and that the man on the corner was very likely from there. So i walked up to him and said hello, and said that i would be happy to pay him for his help in finding the place i wanted to go. When i mentioned the name of the place he gave me the best directions that he could. I thanked him for his help, and gave him $20, when he saw what it was he had a bit of an emotional look on his face, and thanked me. As we were walking away he stopped me, and said that he thought that he might be wrong, and thought about it a bit more, settling on a different location that was also close by.

After talking to him i feel that he was not scamming, but it didn't matter.
What mattered is that whether i had the $20 in my pocket, I would eat that night. However, if he did not have the $20, it was very likely he would not eat.

again, could he have scammed me, 100% yes, but I don't care, it didn't matter.

My point, $20 is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems to be concerned about.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #61
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
Oh no... $20... Your life is ruined.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #62
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
There wasn't as much going on at the track as I thought but $20 is NOT to much. imagine what it cost to rent that place. It was centered around racing IMO which was fine since that was a big part of it for me. Can't wait til next year.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #63
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
I was going to go but couldnt make it . Instead I helped 2ssrs Ofer.......Thats just me ...so how about this ......send me your name and address and Ill help you . Ill send you $20 bucks refund you but this thread goes away and so do you.

Brian
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #64
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #65
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
It amazes me how many people on this forum feel the need to bash someone because they stated their opinion. $20 might not be too much for 2 days, but it is for 1 day. That is all the OP could attend, and it was all I could attend as well, and I'm sure we were not the only ones that could not be there both days. I don't see why they couldn't charge $10 per day, or at least give a little break.

And, like the homeless guy example, $20 might be money you can easily afford to piss away, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone that owns a Camaro. I attend car shows most weekends from May - October. If I paid $20 for a single day for every one of them, I would not be able to afford to go to half of them. Fortunately, the majority of them are $10 - free. I will be at a show today at a railway museum. It is $5 for my car to be entered in the show. That includes free admission for up to 4 people in my car, free admission to the museum, and free train and trolley rides all day long for everyone in my car. In comparison, I spent $40 (for 2) for about one hour looking at vendors at Camarofest, one hour looking at cars, and one hour talking to people, and left after 3 hours since I did not think there was anything else to see.

Maybe I would have had more fun if I had gone to the host hotel afterwards, or done the cruise, but I didn't have time to. And your $20 does not include that. I could have just blown off the fest and gone to the hotel and had the same great time there for $0. So that has nothing to do with the admission price. And that is nothing unique to Camarofest. Every car show I have been to has an afterparty in the parking lot of the host hotel for $0, regardless of how much or little the show costs. And you can meet people, look at cars, and have a great time at many cruise nights for free.

I'm not sorry I went. But I can consider this a been there done that event. No offense to organizers or people that had a great time there, or like racing, but I do not need to pay a premium just because it is at a race track, it just isn't a priority for me, especially since I wasn't racing.

Different people look for different things at a car show, and there is no need to bash someone just because they didn't like the same show you did. And while I'm sure the party at the hotel was great, the attitudes of some of the people in this thread make it hard to believe that you are someone I would want to meet.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #66
John Deere Racer

Drives: 2013 zl1 m6
Everyone wants something for nothing anymore

1 reason our economy is going to hell

I mean come on $20???
Really prolly should have not take a day off work if your worried about $20

592rwhp 616rwtq bolt ons only
www.mikenorrismotorsports.com
Www.lgmotorsports.com
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #67
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Definitely seems geared more towards Camaro owners, and people actually taking their cars, rather than spectators.

The most fun for me looks like the drive up there in a big group and the drive back home. And I'm sure all the stuff after the fest.

I'm pushing for it to be in New Orleans at NOLA Motor Sports so people can go to bourbon and the French quarter. As well as the track having a big road course, drag strip, auto cross, and the biggest karting track in the world
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #68
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
For me it was the entire event, not just the fest itself. The caravan West to Indy and then the return trip home.
Wednesday night in Dayton with the mid-atlanic group, Thursday's Indy caravan and PM parking lot activities and then Friday at the fest.
For me the fest itself was only a small part of my overall experience plus I got a couple mods for the SS.
$20.00 expense when I probably spent $1,000.00 for a 1600 mile trip- Forgetaboutit.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #69
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think to the OP's point, though - $20 per person is expensive. I can understand $20 per car, but $20 for each individual is a bit much.

I understand it costs a lot to put on the show, I truly do, but that's what the event sponsors are there for. I host a car show every year here in the Detroit area. We luck out because the facility is free to use, and it's only a one day show. We still have trophies, raffle prizes, 50/50, etc that goes on. Thanks to my site's sponsors, our show is free to all participants and spectators.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #70
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
$10-$15 is the real average for car show's for spectator's and $30-$40 for vehicle registration.

Just because one drive's a 5th gen Camaro doesn't mean everyone has loaded pockets.

Closed Thread