Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #43
cstproductions

Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
should of gone with peters.... haha kidding, at least you were able to get it worked out.

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #44
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Nope... It's not me. Sorry to disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
Hey Chris...don't you have a JK Jeep Wrangler...I swear that your avatar is the same avatar that's on the JKforum........

A model....you got some photo's posing without your shirt on over there,next to your Jeep....right????
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #45
FEVER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So which dealer did this? Might be good info for other East Texans.
FEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #46
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
I learned a lot from the posts here. When I first started looking for Camaro's in stock most of the dealers I talked to said they were selling for $3000 to $5000 over MSRP. However Classic in Sugar Land, TX told me they were selling at MSRP for the ones in stock and for orders. I continued to look around and talk to other dealers but couldn't find one other than Classic that would sell the ones in stock for list. So when I got ready to buy one from Classic , they didn't have one like I wanted so I decided to order one. I should have ordered right then, but I wanted deal with another dealer that I had bought 2 previous vehicles from and felt they were an honest dealer. When I went in to order I asked if I would get an ordered vehicle at list. They told me no. They were still selling them at $3000 over list even if I ordered one. So I told them that's not what I was told by Classic. The salesman said "they might tell you they're selling it for list, but it will be more when it's delivered." I told him I'll get it writing and see ya. Anyway, I did order from Classic and they signed that the "order unit to be sold no higher than factory MSRP". So now I wait and hope that I'm not being naive and will get that 2SS, summit white in 8 to 10 weeks.

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #47
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
and thats not that much over priced.. i live in glendora ca and the usual is around 4-5 k over and i went to myother house down in lake havasu last week and they had an ss 11K over!!! insne!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #48
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEVER View Post
So which dealer did this? Might be good info for other East Texans.
Excel Chevrolet
Jefferson, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-shane@hotmail.com View Post
and thats not that much over priced.. i live in glendora ca and the usual is around 4-5 k over and i went to myother house down in lake havasu last week and they had an ss 11K over!!! insne!!!
$3K over isn't a whole lot compared to what some places are chargin over MSRP but it's the fact that they told me I would get it at MSRP and then tried to throw that in there at the last minute.

If this damn rain ever stops around here, I may be able to get some good shots of the ride...
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #49
avcbm

Drives: Camaro ZL1
To make mine short, I ordered at the end of June, a 2SS/RS Blk/Blk W/sunroof for MSRP with $750 off from USAA discount on GM vehicles. The salesman agreed, I put $1000 down. Two weeks later, I call to get an update, the saleman no longer works there, and after talking with three other salesman, the seem to not know any info, but yet, they all knew It was the blk/blk camaro. Finally talking to to the internet sales manager that came forward and told me, they didn't want to sell it to me at MSRP... I told him to bad, you cash my check, I ordered and I have it all in writing. I then told him, I want the car, I don't need the car, and I will be waiting to hear from them. Finally got the General Manager, an order number, and told I'm getting it at MSRP, and If they were getting a couple in before mine, and if I wanted one of those at MSRP I could get it no problem. I have a production date of 18 Aug, but things seem to be moving faster so I guess we will wait and see the real deal. If they try to screw me, I will just take them to court, but I don't think that is the case, the General Manager seem real honest, told me the salesman had the go ahead to sell one and make a deal, so they will honor it.... Remember this, Salesman want to make profit, General Mangers want to move cars.... Deal with the Managers.

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #50
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Congrats!

But seriously though, I LIKE being that "such and such" dealer you referred to!

After the paperwork's done, and keys in hand, I would have hit them up for a few free Mobil1 oil changes, just for pizzen me off - while mentioning these three little words..... C S I

but at least they had a change of heart.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #51
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
Remember this, Salesman want to make profit, General Mangers want to move cars.... Deal with the Managers.
I wouldn't agree with this statement....

I know one salesman who made a deal at MSRP, and got his boss to re-write it at GMS. And now the car rolls PROUDLY in Gotham

To those who HAVEN'T bought or ordered..... Three easy words to live by - TRUST YOUR DEALER and if you can't, you're not in the right place.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #52
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Congrats!

But seriously though, I LIKE being that "such and such" dealer you referred to!

After the paperwork's done, and keys in hand, I would have hit them up for a few free Mobil1 oil changes, just for pizzen me off - while mentioning these three little words..... C S I

but at least they had a change of heart.
C S I You're not talking about Vegas, N.Y., or Miami are you !?
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #53
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
congrats on the car and stickin to your guns! This is probably the only Longhorn victory I'll enjoy...ever.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #54
discoteka

Drives: Oramac
Excellent color choice and 'grats- coming from a future Pharm D. (2nd yr)