Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #197
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 UPDATE 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
The courts are not going to give him a new one,and if you have to hire a lawyer,the fees are going to make the out come even worse,the only person that needs to be sued is the thief,its not like he was some bum off of the street,he is worth something i am sure..There is not a court in this land that will not find against him. merry Xmas
The service writer has been fired, which has already been disclosed on this forum. He lives in a rented single-wide trailer in a trailer park. Believe me, I do not have any problem with where people live, but considering where he lives I do not think he has anything to go after. That is why we are trying to get the dealer TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

The dealer DID mention on Wednesday evening that the aunt and uncle were considering paying the damages if the service writer would not be charged criminally, and we were asked to wait to hear about that. Nothing has come out of it, but nothing has been offered either.

We have been waiting to contact an attorney to give the dealer time TO DO THE RIGHT THING. The owner made it very clear this morning that he is not putting ONE PENNY out. I will be forced to pay taxes, tags, gas guzzler tax, etc. all over again.

Should I really have to pay anything when my car was at the dealer's for service and was stolen by their employee?

I guess I will have to contact an attorney now. Good luck finding one this week...
Old 12-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #198
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
You should not pay a dime. Legal wise im not to sure but i would not even give this dealer the chance for anything more. I would believe you over the dealer even though i have not met you. Calling a damn customer a prick!? Yeah this guy is bonkers. I would def send any evidence of your ordeal to any chevy reps on this site and of course send it directly to GM followed up with several calls. Man im not in your shoes and im getting worked up lol. Best of luck and let the attorney make some noise!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #199
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
That's so messed up. Id have a hard time containing myself if this were to happen to me.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #200
VACamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
EVERY dealer reacts this way when this kind of thing happens. EVERY dealer that does this gets blasted all over internet blogs. EVERY dealer that does this is found wrong in court, yet the CONTINUOUSLY do this. Contact Jalopnik and Autoblog. Contact GM. Hire a lawyer.
not sure every dealer does, but I'll agree some do ... had a situation with Jiffy Lube where they didn't put the drain plug back in the rear differential tight ... it worked out and the car wouldn't move (at a stop light, thank goodness it didn't lock up or whatever rear differentials do when moving) ... they tried to settle with some BS but when I got a lawyer involved they paid the total repair bill ... at one point they tried to tell me I couldn't say they were responsible ... I told the guy I could tell anyone I wanted what I thought happened and what the facts were (i.e. Jiffy Lube was the only one to ever touch that part of the car and it had happened recently)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #201
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I GOT DIBS ON THE WHEELS!
Dang it, I was just about to post this. lol

DO feel bad for both parties involved though.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #202
Leviser

Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
This is one of the reasons why I cringe each time I give my keys to the dealership to work on my car. After reading this thread there seems to be more going one here. 1st it's the service writer in the car. Now come to find out there were 2 people in the car. It would seem to me that the dealership is protecting someone. 2nd person in the car maybe. Anyone with good faith can see that this situation is wrong. I hope you contact GM and report this to them. Don't give the dealership any more time, get a lawyer. A suggestion would be to speak with lawyer and see if it would help to speak to the local news in your area, sometimes they have news on your side and if they exposed this to media is further pressure on the dealership. Back in the day I worked at a dealership. Service tech reversed a car into another, right in front of the showroom. Tech was fired, both cars were totaled and replaced by dealership. Dealership did the right thing. Also don't forget the better business bureau can't hurt to make a complaint if it gets that far. Just hearing about this makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #203
mickmosh

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Really? Wanna see my receipt for my extended. Some of us pile the miles on quickly and the extended warranty is my insurance that I am able to keep working every day without encoring any large added expenses. To each their own opinion but obviously others see the value in them because they keep selling them.
Want to see pic of my paint, window seal, leaking front window, flaking panels, leather that are not covered under extend warranty? It my own fault for buying used / certifed car.

Op needs new car...
Old 12-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #204
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
You are not in the wrong for requesting a new ZL1 (to your specs). This was the fault of the dealer. It is called NEGLIGENCE!.

You should also request:

- that it is sent to a different dealer (this dealer is now unpleasant to deal with, and they obviously are out to screw you over).
- that you are paid for a premium rental car during this time without a car,
- that they cover every single expense of the "purchase" (taxes and fees)... since they owe you a car that just like the one you dropped off to them, and intrusted in them.
- that they pay all of your legal fees

..... you have given them an easy way out (new ZL1 to your liking), and they didn't take it. So now, Lawyer up.

I will be very surprised if the big dogs at GM don't hear about this, and make this right. This is not how GM does business.

Any lawyer would love to have this case... easy win.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.

Last edited by Bell040; 12-21-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #205
porterusaf

Drives: Has: 2014 1LE Had: 2005 GTO
When I was in the GTO world a friend's GTO with twin turbo and upgrades (worth est 55-60k to owner) was wrecked by the dealer I went to (always provided me great service and helped with my GTO mods). Very similar situation with a young employee joy riding and wrapped it around a tree. The bigger problem in that situation was because the car wasn't stock. Dealer tried to replace with a newer GTO but clearly the owner turned it down. After lawyers and a few phone calls he ended up with a free Cadillac rental and a settlement worth very close in value to what he had in the car. Short story, these things happen sadly. Typically the dealerships aren't full of bad people, just one bad apple. Of course the dealers are a business and want to minimize losses but eventually they'll settle close enough to the customers request to keep from destroying their name. A dealership these days can't afford to have their names drug through the mud on the internet.

Best of luck.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #206
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I've read this entire thread and these are my opinions.

It's a horrible situation. But if the dealer is offering a newer zl1 with lower mileage with similiar options then that is fair. I do not think they are you a brand new car. They owe you the same car you had, no more no less. It's the same as if someone caused an accident hat the car was totaled in. Just because it's an extreme case doesn't mean you can make extreme requests.

If the dealer is offering what insurance is saying the car is worth that's also unfortunately fair. Just like if your car was in a wreck caused by someone else while you were driving it.

Now, from the op's statements it doesn't seem the dealer is actually offering to replace the car or pay for a replacement.

To the folks saying people shouldn't be bashing the dealer....really? Even if they wrecked his car and gave him a brand new zl1 the next day the dealer should still be hung! Any dealer that allows this to happen should suffer a huge backlash from the public.

To the OP, I'd get the idea of expecting a new zl1 or the money or one out of your head. The dealership isn't going to do it, and the courts wouldn't ever require it.

The dealership owes you exactly what you previously owned.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #207
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
What this thread has really led me to do is realize that when I take my car in I'm going to let the guy know that I know exactly how many miles are on the car and I'll need to know if for any reason what so ever the car needs to be test driven by a mechanic so I can be in it.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #208
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
What this thread has really led me to do is realize that when I take my car in I'm going to let the guy know that I know exactly how many miles are on the car and I'll need to know if for any reason what so ever the car needs to be test driven by a mechanic so I can be in it.
This is precisely what I do and when you politely and firmly express your wishes and show that you know your car and what you want, you will get respect.
Show them that you are in control of your property, don't be intimidated, be firm, be polite, be sincere.
It works.

Last edited by hairtrigger; 12-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #209
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
I work as a tech for a GM dealership. This is the whole reason why we have insurance. In case something happens to a customers car, which it does. They should have already had a fix for you. The service writer had absolutely no business in your car! And unless it was a driveability issue (which it wasn't) that car should have never left the dealerships lot. We test drive cars all the time to make sure we have corrected the problems, and accidents do happen, but this is complete negligence by the dealership. that service writer needs to be fired. And you should contact GM customer Service.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #210
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
This is precisely what I do and when you politely and firmly express your wishes and show that you know your car and what you you want, you will get respect.
Show them that you are in control of your property, don't be intimidated, be firm, be polite, be sincere.
It works.
This sounds like an A-hole statement and I promise it's not. My size generally causes people to apologize for intruding on my existence, they don't generally try to intimidate me, which works, because I'm really easy going and polite to people like that anyway, so generally we all just get along.

Reminds me, try saying please and thank you to the people working at your favorite drive through restaurant, amazing how nice they will be back to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
I work as a tech for a GM dealership.
I just had to say, that is one heck of a screen name. Nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just thinking we might have a candidate for longest screen name on C5

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1