Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #99
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
You are in for a surprise LOL
Really? All the Mustang boards I've been reading have been wondering the same thing as what people are asking here.

Maybe you have inside information?
Old 12-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #100
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Well I always forget about people that want to take things off topic. I figured since I was posting in a thread about the Mustang and the 5.0's return specifically, that it would all be understood. It must be my mistake.
you are off topic too if you want to go that route, this is a thread about pictures
Old 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #101
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Competition is good...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #102
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Really? All the Mustang boards I've been reading have been wondering the same thing as what people are asking here.

Maybe you have inside information?
we will find out soon bro nuff said
Old 12-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #103
DeathChill

Quote:
we will find out soon bro nuff said
So you're speculating just as much as everyone else? Not sure why you seem to be acting so smug when they're making educated guesses based off of facts and you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

NOTE: I am not on either side, Mustang or Camaro, but thus far the people pointing out that the 5.0 litre is not likely going to gain much from bolt ons are explaining their rationale while the others are just denying it with nothing to back it up.

I'm no expert in engine design but multiple people (Mustang guys included) have been questioning what kind of gains will be possible from bolt ons. I am guessing their is some validity to the question, not to be dismissed with "Pssh, it'll be awesome even though I provide no reasoning."

I'd really like Syr74 to weigh in on this as he seems fairly knowledgable in this area.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #104
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
So you're speculating just as much as everyone else? Not sure why you seem to be acting so smug when they're making educated guesses based off of facts and you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

NOTE: I am not on either side, Mustang or Camaro, but thus far the people pointing out that the 5.0 litre is not likely going to gain much from bolt ons are explaining their rationale while the others are just denying it with nothing to back it up.

I'm no expert in engine design but multiple people (Mustang guys included) have been questioning what kind of gains will be possible from bolt ons. I am guessing their is some validity to the question, not to be dismissed with "Pssh, it'll be awesome even though I provide no reasoning."

I'd really like Syr74 to weigh in on this as he seems fairly knowledgable in this area.
I'm not saying its not going to gain ANYTHING. I just don't see it being as mod friendly as the LS3/L99. The heads are big, the compression is high and without FI, there isn't a ton of room for growth. If Ford was going to use their new 6.2, that would be scary.

Plus if he had ever actually read a Mustang board he would know they all tell you to go FI. CAI and tune is all they say at first. Exhaust only changes the sound except for headers. Then its just FI, FI, FI.
14 Silverado
Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #105
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:

I didn't say anything much man... tone it down a bit.
alot of people don't know things, some do...
Old 12-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #106
DeathChill

Quote:
I didn't say anything much man... tone it down a bit.
alot of people don't know things, some do...
I don't think there is much to tone down but if you're going to call people out on how they're wrong you better have some information to back it up. Judging by your posts you don't otherwise I'm sure you would have provided it.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #107
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't think there is much to tone down but if you're going to call people out on how they're wrong you better have some information to back it up. Judging by your posts you don't otherwise I'm sure you would have provided it.
I never said anyone was wong or right bro... look back and double check for yourself

I don't HAVE to provide anything, don't be so sure.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #108
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Ooooh, a request. The developmental process that has given us the new 5.0L is a fairly radical break from the methodology that led to engines like the 4.6L Mod motor. In a lot of ways it really does remind of the same mindset that led to the current generation III/IV GM smallblocks, everything was done for a reason and there is very little compromise in the design. The more folks learn about this engine the more they will realize that it really doesn't warrant comparison to the Mod motor it will be replacing, it is a far superior design.

As for the argument of how much is left in the engine and how easy it will be to access that extra potential? The 5.0L is very capable and there absolutely is a lot left in the design, some of that will be relatively easy and inexpensive to access and some of it wont. This engine will respond to bolt-ons much better than the Mod motors did, but past a point finding more horsepower will become more expensive than it is in an LS3 outside of going with a power adder.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #109
DeathChill

Quote:
I never said anyone was wong or right bro... look back and double check for yourself

I don't HAVE to provide anything, don't be so sure.
You don't have to provide anything, but if you're going to tell people that they can keep wishing and they'll be surprised you're obviously disagreeing with what they're saying.

You could say that you doubt the 5.0L will be tapped out but instead you say it in a snarky way so I ask for the information that allows you to be so confident. I'm not saying you're wrong at all but I try and make decisions based on information I have whereas it sounds as if you're deciding based on your attachment to the Mustang platform.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #110
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
You don't have to provide anything, but if you're going to tell people that they can keep wishing and they'll be surprised you're obviously disagreeing with what they're saying.

You could say that you doubt the 5.0L will be tapped out but instead you say it in a snarky way so I ask for the information that allows you to be so confident. I'm not saying you're wrong at all but I try and make decisions based on information I have whereas it sounds as if you're deciding based on your attachment to the Mustang platform.
nobody can make any decisions based on information at this time
Old 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #111
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:

ok bro. we can drop it now. i got nothing.

good day.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #112
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
The camaro has IRS and 426 hp, what is to improve on?
Lighter weight, sharper handling, smaller steering wheel, nicer interior, engine compartment design. That would be a start.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Closed Thread