Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Bluetooth with iPhone4 (IOS6)

Hello,

I have an iPhone4 paired for both hands free phone and music streaming.

Questions:

1) How can I make the phone default to the car when paired? Currently it defaults to the phone.I have to press an iPhone button to switch to the car bluetooth config every time I make a call. The same phone pairs fine (and defaults to the car) with a Pioneer AVIC XB 920BT in my other car.

2) I also configured the phone for bluetooth music streaming. However I have to manually select (menu/select while on an AUX/USB/CD selection) every time I want to play audio. I'd like it to just always be available as an option when the phone is paired.

car: '12 2LT convertible (built 1/12) DB - DB
USB Connection: iPhone 3G (bluetooth disabled) plugged into USB port acting as an iPod (this works fine except for randomized playlists which seems to select any random song on the iPhone).

Last edited by intensifi; 11-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
intensifi

anyone?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
Adrian09

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/1LE
1) I have this problem sometimes. If for some reason I answer and decide to talk on the actual phone I select it from audio options on the phone. If I forget to switch it back to the camaro as the audio option it will answer on the phone. After switching it back it works fine.
2) I wish it would automatically stream music when you step into the car. I had a rental Volvo and it would start streaming music as soon as I turned it on.
Another problem I have is sometimes the audio won't play. What I do to fix it is toggle the audio option in the iPod app from "camaro" to "iPhone" and back to "camaro"
Hope this helps
Adrian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Hello,

I have an iPhone4 paired for both hands free phone and music streaming.

Questions:

1) How can I make the phone default to the car when paired? Currently it defaults to the phone.I have to press an iPhone button to switch to the car bluetooth config every time I make a call. The same phone pairs fine (and defaults to the car) with a Pioneer AVIC XB 920BT in my other car.

2) I also configured the phone for bluetooth music streaming. However I have to manually select (menu/select while on an AUX/USB/CD selection) every time I want to play audio. I'd like it to just always be available as an option when the phone is paired.

car: '12 2LT convertible (built 1/12) DB - DB
USB Connection: iPhone 3G (bluetooth disabled) plugged into USB port acting as an iPod (this works fine except for randomized playlists which seems to select any random song on the iPhone).
1) Do you make the call using your iPhone's screen or actually use the car's interface to make the call? (first scenario it'll default to the phone, second one to the car)

2) Still need to figure that one out.. I use the iPhone through the USB.
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
intensifi

1) thanks. I'd still like it default to the car if I initiate from the phone while paired. Voice command is safer than spinning dials.

2) I hear there is a software update. I'll try to get it done this weekend.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
gdl029
CAROMARO

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
1) thanks. I'd still like it default to the car if I initiate from the phone while paired. Voice command is safer than spinning dials.

2) I hear there is a software update. I'll try to get it done this weekend.
If you make the call from your phone it defaults to your phone. If you use the steering wheel controls is goes through bluetooth.
gdl029 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, iphone4