Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #4495
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Viva Chevrolet has an internet special on oil changes where you have to print out the coupon, and you get an oil change for $30. I'm probably just going to get my oil changed at Viva.

I checked today with Mr. Hotshine carwash, and they want $65 to change my oil. Forget that. I'll just go with Viva.
$30 is a hell of a deal, I can't even buy the oil for $30, just make sure they are using the Mobil 1.

I agree with Charlie, nothing like the satisfaction you get from doing it your self. On that note I'm going to change the oil on the Camaro now since I have to drive it for the next couple of weeks while my truck takes a visit to the body shop.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #4496
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Just a reminder, the last test and tune at Arroyo Seco is Saturday Oct. 20th. I think I am planning on going if I get a chance to sort out a few things on the car.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #4497
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Bravo and Rudolph have similar deals. About $40 with 27-point vehicle inspection. Rudolph has an oil change for $30 after $10 mail in rebate. Check their websites if you're interested.

"Oil change, four tire rotation, 27-point vehicle inspection. Conventional Oil change for $39.95; Synthetic Oil change for $79.95."

These dealerships want you to come in, and have your oil changed at their place, so they can meet you, and see if you want to trade up to a new model. They like to take trade-ins on used 5th gen camaros, because used 5th gen camaros sell fast.

Last edited by xfactors; 10-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #4498
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Xfactor its ray to de the oil change, but 30 dollars is cheap hard to believe its that price, a five quart mobile one is 25 at wal Mart, and I get two since it uses 8 quarts and save the other two for next oil change.

What up Ryan you still got to tell me how to do my differential change on my manual
Old 10-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #4499
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Jose heres a video, its of a V6, but the plugs are pretty much in the same place.

504hp/478tq
Old 10-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #4500
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
$30 is a hell of a deal, I can't even buy the oil for $30, just make sure they are using the Mobil 1.

I agree with Charlie, nothing like the satisfaction you get from doing it your self. On that note I'm going to change the oil on the Camaro now since I have to drive it for the next couple of weeks while my truck takes a visit to the body shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
Xfactor its ray to de the oil change, but 30 dollars is cheap hard to believe its that price, a five quart mobile one is 25 at wal Mart, and I get two since it uses 8 quarts and save the other two for next oil change.

What up Ryan you still got to tell me how to do my differential change on my manual

I do believe that the V6's don't take Mobil 1. I think they are conventional oils. That is why the cheaper price.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #4501
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Thanks you to everyone for coming out last night! It was definitely our best turnout and for those of you that saw word is definitely spreading around about First Thursdays hahahaha. It was great to meet new members that look interested in joing us for future events and as well as seeing old friends that have had other responsibilities to take care of. It was really neat to get to see Sabot and his colleague on bringing down their ZL1 and Z06 for the gathering and I hope that you guys will be able to join us again. Thank you so much to Gracie (Mysteek) and Kyle for arriving an hour early to save the parking spots for us before we arrived and thank you to: Pat, Eric, Teressa, Marty, John, Sabot, Randy, Randle, Mya, Gracie, Genny, Don, Cheyenne, Greg, Kyle, and Alex for bringing out your rides for this. It's unfortunate that the days are getting shorter with the Sun falling earlier as we are now getting bigger turnouts, but don't fret my friends, as we have plenty more function upon us in the furture such as a run to Ruidoso which seems to be a very popular choice maybe at the end of October, the 2nd Annual Car Show at Speaking Rock next weekend, and the Nikes for Kids Car Show that Don is putting together on December 15th.

Yeah the service at Hooters was a tad bit bad last night as the servers were kinda messing up the orders and were not talking to Andy about the discount that we are supposed to get. About 70% of everyone recieved the discount, but there definitely some servers that were just not cooperating. Give em the benefit of the doubt that it definitely was a packed house last night with our Camaro gathering and it being Thursday Night Football, it was just really packed in there.

Genny and I discussed about having another function similar to what Hooters has provided us this time Farley's which is across the street from Hooters. They would like us to do something similar at their location and they will block off that entire parking area right next to the patio, which will be a lot easier to manage. Now this will not replace the Hooters All-Gen Camro gathering, but will something more specifically for us. The date that we are looking at is either Friday Oct. 19th or Saturday Oct. 20th. You guys chime in a vote on which would be best for you.

Again Thank You All!!!

P.S. Shirt designs and decals coming soon.
Yeah, we had a HUGE turnout!! It was great!! I love it when a lot of us can get together like that to meet each other for the first time, or catch up with others we hadn't seen in a while. It's a nice get away from reality, to me it's called my 'mommy time' to talk with friends that have the same obsession I do!! Charlie, you're welcome!! Anything we can do to help, we are there and will do the best we can.

Wow!! That's great that our club is becoming so popular around here!! I would be down for that as well!! Either day would work for me cuz I know I can get a sitter for either one. Just let me know which day!!

Can't wait to see the designs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguilar View Post
Would have liked to come out to the get together but had a really busy week with barely any sleep.

Anyone coming out tonight to El Paso Motorplex? Just got done cleaning the car and will be heading out there later.
Welcome to C5, and our corner of the forum!! Hopefully we will get the chance to meet you at the next meet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Thanks guys for the warm welcome john and I had a great time with down to earth people, and yes we had a good waitress so no complaints there..lol

thanks hope to do again..
Of course, that's how we do!! Glad you all had a great time! That's luck, we shoulda sat over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Z View Post
Well everyone the wheels are on but with some problems. There was wheel damage on the old set and the new set. Could get them balance there so ongoing to get them balance somewhere else after they get replaced. I would like to thank Kyle for helping me out with this. It's great to see services like that, and Gracie for getting in touch with me. I owe you guys a beer. Overall the car new wheels made it look awesome.
Glad you were able to get your wheels on, but sorry that you had a bad experience. Kyle was talking to me about it and felt bad about what happened. He said if he woulda known you were going in on Friday he woulda told you to ask for him and he woulda taken care of you right! Trust me guys, when it comes to cars especially Camaros, he knows to respect them and take the utmost care of them when they go in! For any future services on your car, just request him as the tech, I do it! You're welcome!! Anything to help a friend out!!

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, those wheels look sick on your car!! Great choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
Bravo and Rudolph have similar deals. About $40 with 27-point vehicle inspection. Rudolph has an oil change for $30 after $10 mail in rebate. Check their websites if you're interested.

"Oil change, four tire rotation, 27-point vehicle inspection. Conventional Oil change for $39.95; Synthetic Oil change for $79.95."

These dealerships want you to come in, and have your oil changed at their place, so they can meet you, and see if you want to trade up to a new model. They like to take trade-ins on used 5th gen camaros, because used 5th gen camaros sell fast.
ORLY?!?! Too bad I wouldn't do a trade with mine. I was talking with a friend on here, but in California who is thinking of selling his car. He has a 2010 RJT 2SS/RS with rims, heritage grill, cams, lt headers, etc... (I can't remember all he said ), and about 35k miles on it, and at the most looking for someone to take over payments which is around $27K. I think that's a steal and his car is sexy! Man, if I could sell mine right out, and talk the hubby into this!!!!! Yeah, I would jump on THAT deal. Used or not cuz I know he babied that car.
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #4502
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Thanks you to everyone for coming out last night! It was definitely our best turnout and for those of you that saw word is definitely spreading around about First Thursdays hahahaha. It was great to meet new members that look interested in joing us for future events and as well as seeing old friends that have had other responsibilities to take care of. It was really neat to get to see Sabot and his colleague on bringing down their ZL1 and Z06 for the gathering and I hope that you guys will be able to join us again. Thank you so much to Gracie (Mysteek) and Kyle for arriving an hour early to save the parking spots for us before we arrived and thank you to: Pat, Eric, Teressa, Marty, John, Sabot, Randy, Randle, Mya, Gracie, Genny, Don, Cheyenne, Greg, Kyle, and Alex for bringing out your rides for this. It's unfortunate that the days are getting shorter with the Sun falling earlier as we are now getting bigger turnouts, but don't fret my friends, as we have plenty more function upon us in the furture such as a run to Ruidoso which seems to be a very popular choice maybe at the end of October, the 2nd Annual Car Show at Speaking Rock next weekend, and the Nikes for Kids Car Show that Don is putting together on December 15th.

Yeah the service at Hooters was a tad bit bad last night as the servers were kinda messing up the orders and were not talking to Andy about the discount that we are supposed to get. About 70% of everyone recieved the discount, but there definitely some servers that were just not cooperating. Give em the benefit of the doubt that it definitely was a packed house last night with our Camaro gathering and it being Thursday Night Football, it was just really packed in there.

Genny and I discussed about having another function similar to what Hooters has provided us this time Farley's which is across the street from Hooters. They would like us to do something similar at their location and they will block off that entire parking area right next to the patio, which will be a lot easier to manage. Now this will not replace the Hooters All-Gen Camro gathering, but will something more specifically for us. The date that we are looking at is either Friday Oct. 19th or Saturday Oct. 20th. You guys chime in a vote on which would be best for you.

Again Thank You All!!!

P.S. Shirt designs and decals coming soon.
Sat is easier on us long distance drivers. We can make a night of it then and do something afterwards.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #4503
mitchellphantom

Drives: 1999 Black T-Top Z28
I've installed the footwell lighting myself, its a little time consuming and it does take a little patients but its not bad at all. You don't have to splice in any wires, its a plug and play installation. Drilling the holes in the cupholders made me nervous because I didn't want to put them in the wrong place but its pretty simple really, first time jitters!
mitchellphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #4504
xfactors

Quote:
Well everyone the wheels are on but with some problems. There was wheel damage on the old set and the new set. Could get them balance there so ongoing to get them balance somewhere else after they get replaced.
What kind of wheel damage on the new set? That's a bummer. I would be pissed.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #4505
xfactors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
New guy here to the forum. In the Army station at WSMR, NM. Walked in my local dealership this pass Saturday Sept. 29 just to get some #'s on the ZL1 and to my surprise they had one in the show room floor. I never been the guy to have a red car but the victory red on black rims looks awesome to me. Since they treated me like I couldn't afford it I when ahead and bought it and took it home that same day...
vin# 2G1FZ1EP9D9801476

Sabot, that's a killer looking ZL1. That's funny about them thinking you couldn't afford it. How's the new buggie run? Can you feel the power? 580 HP for the ZL1. My V6 has 323 HP, but I'm very happy with it. I'm very happy with the way my car drives, and handles.

Last edited by xfactors; 10-07-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #4506
xfactors

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I would also recommend changing the rearend and tranny fluid if it's a manual aroung 1,500 miles to get any metal shavings or what not out, you would be supprised at what comes out of a new vehicle.
I don't think I'll need to worry about this. I have auto trans. I only do moderate acceleration, and I rarely go over 45 MPH. I don't want to stress it out.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #4507
Inferno Z

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vortech Supercharged
Two factory wheels were damaged and two of the new ones were damaged.
Inferno Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #4508
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
was pulled over today and given a warning for having my license plate on the front dash board, very visible i might add, and not on the bumper, anyone else received warnings?

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001