Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #57
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I've heard that it will be in the USA....
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #58
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Can they hold it in the North East, I don't want to drive tooooo far. Maybe NJ motorsports park.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #60
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Thanks for posting the times Pete. Also big thanks to all who volunteered. Can't say it enough. Good to see at least I had a couple runs captured. We had a blast and look forward to next year.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #61
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm thinking a C5 would be more appropriate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
i think it's more like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Something like this?!!?

With air support we can hold the FEST anywhere. The Ring on Friday and Monaco on Saturday sounds good to me. When we return to Lackland they can drop us at any Texas track for the Sunday runs. I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but there is a scientific expedition on the PEDDERS RED planet doing preliminary site selection work for a future FEST

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #62
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
CamaroCross Results from Camaro5FEST III

TAG ran a -12.94. He was so fast we didn't see it, but if he says that was it time we believe him
C'mon, Pete....It was a 32.94!
Dragoneye ran a 29.37 in a bone stock ZL1, but has been MIA since the FEST If anyone knows his whereabouts please report the details to the F.B.I. The G Man ran a Gator and was just shy of Dragoneye's ZL1 time. Unfortunately the timing equipment failed along with the in car video, out of car video and stills

Pedders was the sponsor of the AC and will be again next year. With our responsibility as AC / C5 Hosts we do a lot of driver ride alongs, and courtesy runs for the C5 Fest VIP Guests. That gives our drivers a bit of an advantage as well as disadvantage. They work long hard hours to make the AC event possible. Professional Class Bragging Rights Fastest Time of the Day goes to Bruce Raymond's Camaro which ran a 32.46 on the fourth run. We could be wrong, but we think everyone that ran had at least four runs. Danny Popp did countless demos for drivers and a series of charity rides. Danny and the L/28 was flat out the FTD overall, but due to the number of runs Danny made we placed an * on his result. Dan Howard ran great with the third fastest event time. We want to acknowledge Jordan from JDP / Pfadt as the Fastest non-Pedders AC Sponsor Driver and Car. I think he had only five runs If Friday's final session had not been rained out who knows what the results would have been???

I do. We would have all had even MORE FUN. The numbers are important, but they take a distant second place to the main reason the C5 CamaroCross event exists. FUN. No matter how hot, no matter how long the wait, no matter how many cones were mangled the smiles at the end of the runs tell the story. We'll do this again next year with the same AC TEAM and equipment. It will run smoother and all the drivers will get more runs. More runs mean more fun. C5FEST IV can't come soon enough.

Exactly. Fest IV cant' come fast enough. I can't wait to get moving on it and can't wait to tear up some track!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #63
JusticePete

CamaroCross time!!!! CLICK HERE
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #64
JusticePete

My TEAM. You have no idea how many hours they have spent preparing the CamaroCross to make it a GREAT experience for YOU! Please be sure to track each one of them down and say THANK YOU while you are at C5FEST IV INDY.

The FEST opens Thursday August 1st and we can't wait. As always, PEDDERS is hosting the CamaroCross. We have a fabulous CamaroCross Administrative TEAM. We literally started working out the details for FEST IV Saturday late afternoon at FEST III.

You can expect more runs and more time with your fellow drivers and more fun. The classes are almost the same as last year. V6, V8 Stock, Modified and Super Modified. We decided to go with trophies this year and think you will be proud to display them. Of course we have 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Trophies along with Fastest Time of the Day (FTD).

The award we believe to be truly special is the CamaroCross MVP. Last year Keith Silvin won our MVP. It wasn't awarded to him based on his excellent driving skills, which by the way have improved so be ware. He EARNED the award by helping everyone and doing everything. No food service. No problem. He made a sandwich run for the staff. Fellow racer has a problem. There was Kieth helping out. Worn out from the hot sun some of our tech and starter volunteers needed a break. Take a guess... That is the real spirit of Camaro5 and the CamaroCross.

Everyone involved with the event and everyone on my staff are all volunteers. They do it because they enjoy the community that is www.Camaro5.com Most automotive events are car events with social activities on the side. Camaro5FEST is the opposite. Make no mistake about it we do love our cars and drive the wheels off or polish through the paint, but the secret to the success of C5 is it a community

I also want to thank Bruce Raymond for the support he will provide the Pedders CamaroCross before during and after the event as well as coaching drivers that request assistance. Danny Popp will be on hand for course setup Thursday late morning and also available as a driving coach.

Joe Bella has spent a fair portion of his time on our conference calls. We appreciate his help, but in the end is a Moderator so we HAVE to say that ;P

Our CamaroCross MVP and the Camaro5 member that puts up the FTD will each go home with this cup. Are the winners going to fill them with champagne, beer or Gatorade?

The 1st Place finisher in all four classes will take home one of these.

A bit smaller than 1st, but still impressive 2nd Place Trophy for each class.

Smaller than the 2nd Place trophy, but worthy of standing on the podium with you is our 3rd Place trophy.

Classes:

C1 -- Stock V6: Any street licensed V6 5th Gen Camaro. We want to see more V-6's this year! CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.

C2 -- Stock V8: Any street licensed V8 5th Gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.

C3 -- Modified: Any naturally aspirated street licensed 5th Gen Camaro (no nitrous).

C4 -- Super Modified: Any force inducted street licensed IRS 5th Gen Camaro. Unlimited mods. Includes 1LE, ZL1 and 2014 Z/28.

C5 -- Shop Car: Any Generation shop owned or non-street licensed car. Unlimited mods.

Have you registered for the CamaroCross at: http://www.camaro5fest.net/camarocross/