Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #29
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Not interested in having a roll cage added when don't know the quality of the work that would be done, and if they want to use our Camaro's, they should pay a daily fee to use them like most other productions...I'm not letting some use my Camaro for free...otherwise they can go rent them from Enterprise or Avis....

+1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Well, I'm HOPING that so many V8 folks will be repulsed by the idea of this project, that the producers will need to expand the parameters of their search to include V6s... I have, in fact, submitted my email info and pic based on that possibility. Come on, with ADR work tracking a monster V8 sound, nobody but the detail oriented Camaro crowd is going to peg the cosmetic details that differentiate between the eight and the six... just don't pop the hood! -----paragraph---- I've worked with a number of TV/ movie projects over the years, often specifically by providing vehicles for the shoots. The MAJORITY of the time, the experience was very positive, with crews generally treating vehicles with the promised TLC. I like the idea of the rollcage upgrade, and I'm sure that the contractual details that get hashed out before handing the keys over will certainly ensure that this is beneficial to both parties.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Not interested in having a roll cage added when don't know the quality of the work that would be done, and if they want to use our Camaro's, they should pay a daily fee to use them like most other productions...I'm not letting some use my Camaro for free...otherwise they can go rent them from Enterprise or Avis....
When i talked to Scott he said that they would get a Bolt on roll cage so that they don't mess up the interior and you can remove it if you want and sell it.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #32
newgenss
http://gtoautoglass.com

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
so you get paid with a roll cage ?
newgenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #33
camar00t
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenss View Post
roll cage and 5 point harness
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgenss View Post
Roll cage alone is about a grand.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
camar00t
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS 6M
POST UPDATED!!!!

POST UPDATED

This is posted for a very good friend of mine.......

Movie Name: Born to Race 2

I need (8) 2010 and newer Camaro V6 or V8 with stock looking exteriors. Tinted windows are OK but you MUST have stock wheels at the time of the movie shoot. Any color car is fine, we would need the cars for 4-5 days at a race track (TBD) to be used as Driving Instructor cars. Filming dates are from Oct. 9 - Oct. 18.

In order to make the cars look like Driving Instructor cars they would like to put a roll cage, body graphics and a 5 point harness that would be provided at NO CHARGE.
NOTE: If you DO NOT want the roll cage that is fine, but a 5 point harness is REQUIRED at NO CHARGE still.

Vehicle owners are welcome to come while filming, cars will be insured and can provide transportation if needed.

Contact Scott Centra with a color photo of your car and contact information. More details to come one the cars are selected.

CARS MUST BE CHOSEN BY NEXT WEEK SO DON'T DELAY
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #36
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Would a Tranformer's Edition car be a conflict of movie interest?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
4-5 days as Driver Instructor cars? Does this mean you will be shredding the tires and pads?
Ya thats a lot of days. Dont think i can be with out her for that long.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #38
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
I am in!!! I talked to Scott Centra today. He is the man charged with orchestrating the filming of the event at the race track. If you do not know who he is...google him...If you are worried about how they will take care of your car.....google him...Mr Centra has won 20 "Best of Show" awards at SEMA. He worked on Fast and the Furious doing exactly what he is doing here and has done this for 18 years.... He is not a film maker, he equips cars and organizes their appearance in films. The name of the movie is Born to Race. The setting in which the vehicles will be used is a scenario playing out at a driving school at a famous road course track. He has assured me the cars will be fully insured and well kept. He qualified this by saying he will be there to insure nothing goes sideways because his name and reputation will be on the line. After you google him you will see that would definitiely matter...My concerns were the need for a roll bar and harness......He told me it was for asthetics for filming inside of the cars. Scott told me it does not even have to be bolted in and he is personally picking the bar used to insure it is minimally invasive and quality............I was concerned of the cars getting thrashed in abusive driving. He assured me the cars will not be going more than 25-30 miles per hour maximum.....He qualified this by saying I can be there to monitor it....He personally has guaranteed the car will be in the same shape after that it was before beginning. I asked him about the graphics that were to be installed. He indicated they were the small contingency stickers you see on race car front fenders only. Finally he told me he will need the cars for 4-5 days between Oct 9-18....I am planning to take my car and hang out and be there for the whole thing. Obviously I can take my car any time I dont like what is going on....He also insured the film makers insurance company would fully work with me to come to an agreement on conditions of repair prior to use.....What else can you ask for? You want your car to be noticed where can you get more. You are gonna get notariety, a roll bar you can keep or sell, a five point harness, and maybe, just maybe some air time in the movie or track time....Right now the work is tenatively going to be filmed at Buttonwillow....Lets represent. If he doesnt come up with eight cars this week he is going to have to rent them.....I am in!!! If you want him to call you personally, he indicated he would do so if you are serious about do this.Just PM me and I will get him to you asap....All you have to do is have your factory wheels and APPEAR to be stock or close. No convertible and no v6's..

By the way. I do not know him but talked to him for about a half hour. He seems like a great guy...A car guy for sure., and genuinely concerned about the cars care and his reputation. He is very aware of what will happen to his rep if this goes sideways. This is not his first rodeo though....right now there are about 4 spots left...
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #39
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Sent him an e-mail to get all the details.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #40
texican1968
Quicksilver

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
Email sent. Thx for the heads up Chuck! Hope it works out.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #41
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
All the more reason they should pay you for the use of your Camaro...renting will cost them $100 bucks a day per car, so why should they not pony that money up in addition to the roll cage, harness, etc they are going to have to buy anyway as they want that look in the car....You spent the $40-50k for your Camaro, they want to use it, they owe you consideration. The guy rounding up the Camaros is I'm sure getting paid for it and if he can use your Camaro for free, all the better for him. Movies are not a charity, they are for profit ventures last I saw, even documentaries....And your Camaro being in a movie, does not give you fame...
Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #42
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
All the more reason they should pay you for the use of your Camaro...renting will cost them $100 bucks a day per car, so why should they not pony that money up in addition to the roll cage, harness, etc they are going to have to buy anyway as they want that look in the car....You spent the $40-50k for your Camaro, they want to use it, they owe you consideration. The guy rounding up the Camaros is I'm sure getting paid for it and if he can use your Camaro for free, all the better for him. Movies are not a charity, they are for profit ventures last I saw, even documentaries....And your Camaro being in a movie, does not give you fame...
You are right in many ways...Sounds like it is not for you.....It is however for me...It is an experience I will see one time. That is in part what my Camaro is for.......unique experiences. This will be one i will not forget. That is worht quite a bit to me.

Chris, I hope it works out. it would be great to hang out. If you want him to call you, let me know and I will hook it up.
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote