Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Briand069

Drives: 1997/1969 Camaro's
Any reason to use different alignment specs?

Hello,

Looking for alittle help. This past weekend I installed the 1LE front and rear sway bars and the 1LE toe links. Even though I marked everything in the rear I'm going to get it aligned but I'm wondering if I should let the shop just use the stock 2010 SS specs or should I ask them to use something else? I also have 275's all the way around if that matters. I do mostly street driving but do go to the drag strip as well. Any suggestions? Also, the rest of the suspension is stock.

Thanks
Brian
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
For a mostly street/occasional strip car I'd set the front camber and toe settings and the rear toe to stock, but I'd put rear camber at zero to maybe -0.1°. Stock rear camber is either -0.3° or -0.4° depending on whether you have the FE2/FE3 or FE4. I am assuming that you aren't much into hard cornering, as the above settings could make the car a little tail-happy in some situations.

For mostly strip/occasional street you'd probably want to skew your settings more toward whichever of the "strip" settings in the linked post applies to you (specs are toward the bottom).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...37&postcount=4

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Whenever you do suspension work it is always best to get the alignment checked. Alignments are cheap compared to tires.

Alignments are like off the rack suits or made to order. You can get a good fit an ervice from off the rack, but made to order will fit better. You upgraded to 1LE bars and have a squar wheel abnd tire setup. Sounds like you like to do it in the corners. A Pedder Agressive Street will help with that, but we can build you a mde to order alignment if you tell us more about your driving style.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
^^Listen to THE MAN. HE speaketh the truth and wrote the BOOK!!!!!

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Is your car lowered? If so, install Pedders rear camber bolts before you get it aligned.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Positive toe is toe "out"? So rears on a strip car are slightly out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
nevermind, "search" is your...er...'my' friend lol: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...61&postcount=2
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote