Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #71
Remhe

Drives: Hope to Purchase Soon $ :(
I think your idea to upgrade with a CF driveshaft is awesome. Can't wait to hear about the results
Remhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #72
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remhe View Post
I think your idea to upgrade with a CF driveshaft is awesome. Can't wait to hear about the results
Well thank you for giving me the honor of your very first post on the forum! And welcome to Camaro5.

I'm planning on a dyno here in a couple of weeks so I want to do that first before I change anything else. I'm really interested to see how much of a difference a 1-piece CF driveshaft will make at the rear wheels compared to the stock 2-piece aluminum shaft.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #73
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #74
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
dude paint the ss's yellow. that woulld be pretty high speed imho..
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #75
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
for updates!

Have you figured out how/where to bring some more yellow in? I like the photoshop yellow you did. The picture of the jet made me think it would look cool if just the top tip of your rear spoiler was dipped in yellow.

I always enjoy reading your post and reading about what you're trying to achieve with your car's performance and theme!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #76
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

I'm going to post some updates soon. Had a job location transfer sprung on me unexpectedly and I've been busy adjusting. Haven't done paint mods yet but I had it dynoed and I have a video of that I need to edit and post. Got a DRL harness mod which allows the DRLs to be on at the same time as the headlights. Got French racing yellow overlays for the DRLs. Anticipating the Racing Brake rear rotors being available here shortly so I can get those installed. Still trying to find a carbon fiber driveshaft that is reasonably priced; had two prospects fizzle out.

I'll take some new pics with the lighting mods and post them in the next few days. Thanks for being interested!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #77
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm going to post some updates soon. Had a job location transfer sprung on me unexpectedly and I've been busy adjusting. Haven't done paint mods yet but I had it dynoed and I have a video of that I need to edit and post. Got a DRL harness mod which allows the DRLs to be on at the same time as the headlights. Got French racing yellow overlays for the DRLs. Anticipating the Racing Brake rear rotors being available here shortly so I can get those installed. Still trying to find a carbon fiber driveshaft that is reasonably priced; had two prospects fizzle out.

I'll take some new pics with the lighting mods and post them in the next few days. Thanks for being interested!

Hey Doc -

Hopefully the transfer went well for you. Cant' wait to see the updated to Blue Angel. Think you will be able to go to C5Fest2?

Take Care...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #78
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey Doc -

Hopefully the transfer went well for you. Cant' wait to see the updated to Blue Angel. Think you will be able to go to C5Fest2?

Take Care...
Yeah I'm planning on going to CF2. I'm just hoping I can get all the mods I want done in time.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #79
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Simply superb.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #80
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Hey Doc. How are things? My rear brakes just shipped from Racing Brake. Can't wait to install everything on my car, once I get it!

Thanks for the leg work on all that brake stuff, definitely think its a high quality product by the looks of it.

How is the Royal Purple oil working out for you?? Still think its the way to go? DO you have it in both the rear end and 6 speed manual?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #81
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Hey Doc. How are things? My rear brakes just shipped from Racing Brake. Can't wait to install everything on my car, once I get it!

Thanks for the leg work on all that brake stuff, definitely think its a high quality product by the looks of it.

How is the Royal Purple oil working out for you?? Still think its the way to go? DO you have it in both the rear end and 6 speed manual?
Hey dude! RP works great and yes I have it in the trans and diff.

You're more than welcome on the group buy deal; I knew it would be worth it but they turned out even better than I was expecting. The stopping power with this setup is spectacular and you can feel the difference the weight reduction makes. And they look so good on the car!

Well I just realized my "couple of days" was a bit ago. Blast. Been a challenge finding the time to get some pics in a good location when the weather is cooperating.

The weather is supposed to be good tomorrow...and I have the day off! I'll see about getting some halfway decent pics.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 12-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #82
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

When I had my car dynoed, it pulled 370 hp to the rear wheels which isn't too bad. Since then I've added the rear brake rotors from RacingBrake. As you can see, their rotors are almost 6 lbs lighter than stock which is a difference you can feel when accelerating:

Here's the back of their rotor:
Name:  IMG_0243.JPG
Views: 3811
Size:  199.4 KB

Here's the stock rotor on the weight scale:
Name:  IMG_0249.JPG
Views: 3935
Size:  207.6 KB

Here's their rotor on the weight scale:
Name:  IMG_0248.JPG
Views: 3750
Size:  204.7 KB

Here's their rotor on the rear axle:
Name:  IMG_0251.JPG
Views: 3712
Size:  183.2 KB

Here's how it looks with my wheel on:
Name:  IMG_0254.JPG
Views: 3811
Size:  242.3 KB

I've also put French Racing Yellow overlays on my DRL's and added Fieldgoal's harness to allow the DRL's to be on at the same time as the headlights so they function as fog lights.

Today I installed the ported CNC Throttle Body from SC2150 which made a nice improvement in throttle response and feels like it's added a slight bit more torque. No pics of that since it's already in his thread but I washed the car and took it out for a test drive and finally took a few snapshots since the weather cooperated today:

Name:  IMG_0270.JPG
Views: 3799
Size:  493.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0266.JPG
Views: 3856
Size:  439.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0261.JPG
Views: 3748
Size:  387.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0263.JPG
Views: 3809
Size:  407.5 KB

Next mod should be the carbon fiber driveshaft. Then most likely Pfadt front and rear sway bars and trailing arms; then I'll see if I can get the paint mods I want done; then some more bushing upgrades and possibly the Pfadt engine mounts.

After that I'm considering a Braille battery, probably Thorley short headers, a tune, and I'm also toying around with the idea of lightweight racing seats for the front.

After that.... electric water pump maybe? Or who knows...depends on what I can think of. Love this car...

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 12-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #83
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
I really wish I could see this thing in person.
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #84
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

I'll be at the CamaroFest at Firebird Raceway in April. I'll be running in the Pfadt track event all day on Friday.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Tags
camaro of the week