Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #127
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
I just heard about this and my first thought was you guys are meeting up to head to the largest car meet on the east coast the same day....

But I realize you guys may be unaware of this.....

The BIG Thousands of cars car meet is in Maryland that same day at 12pm....... This is the largest car meet where all the groups get together and come in together..... see links and read below

http://www.meetup.com/novascc/events/54891612/
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...rity-meet.html

2012 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity

Sunday, April 29, 2012, 12:00 PM

Prince George's Stadium
4101 Crain Hwy, Bowie, MD (map)

This is one of the biggest car events on the east coast. After the debacle last year (the event was cancelled last minute), people have a little bad taste in their mouth, but I see no reason to miss out. I forget the exact time schedule for that day, but for now let's just assume that we meet at Kohl's and then drive over together. It should be a circus.

2012 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity

hosted by College Park Tuning

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 1 non-perishable food item per person and $1.00 entry fee. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $2.00 entrance fee/donation on your way into the lot. All the proceeds collected from admission, and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org).
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
yeah, Baltimorejohn, some of us DMVC5 members were discussing it yesterday. We think we'd rather have a more cozy meet-up with C5 friends than hope things go better than last year and go smoothly at the car show. we do hope you have a great time and everything turns out spectacular, we just worry with so many moving parts, there's a lot of fingers to cross. we'd rather just finally have the opportunity to put faces to names and start to get things ramped up for C5 Fest (this will sorta be the official pre-pre-party).

Hope that's entirely accurate and I haven't misrepresented anyone's opinions here. If I have, I'm open to correction...
WOW, as I was reading BaltimoreJohn's post I was thinking...Thanks for the distraction. I hope people will come out to this now.

After I read your post I think you nailed my sentiments exactly. That was my feelings when putting together this meet. Put the faces to the names so when C5Fest hits we all have some familiarity with each other, and bring out new members to see what type of community we have. I personally have enjoyed my time in this community and feel others will enjoy it as well.

BaltimoreJohn, I hope you have a great time at the Md event. On the off chance you decide not to attend, we would love to have you come out to this event. We just met on Saturday at Katies. I was the one with the IOM hanging with the DMVC5 group. Would love to have you come out and hang with us. I hope this reply is received as it was intended and not as a bash. Hope to see you in Fredericksburg on the 29th with the rest of us. If you want to attend a huge event, C5Fest is the event of the year for most of us. I know there will be others, but this event brings those you know together for a 5 day party!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #128
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
WOW, as I was reading BaltimoreJohn's post I was thinking...Thanks for the distraction. I hope people will come out to this now.

After I read your post I think you nailed my sentiments exactly. That was my feelings when putting together this meet. Put the faces to the names so when C5Fest hits we all have some familiarity with each other, and bring out new members to see what type of community we have. I personally have enjoyed my time in this community and feel others will enjoy it as well.

BaltimoreJohn, I hope you have a great time at the Md event. On the off chance you decide not to attend, we would love to have you come out to this event. We just met on Saturday at Katies. I was the one with the IOM hanging with the DMVC5 group. Would love to have you come out and hang with us. I hope this reply is received as it was intended and not as a bash. Hope to see you in Fredericksburg on the 29th with the rest of us. If you want to attend a huge event, C5Fest is the event of the year for most of us. I know there will be others, but this event brings those you know together for a 5 day party!
Sounds good

This was intended as being informative no other reason.....

Just thought if you wanted to roll up out of the meet cool but it is late in the game....

So either way it is cool.....
Old 04-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #129
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
yeah, Baltimorejohn, some of us DMVC5 members were discussing it yesterday. We think we'd rather have a more cozy meet-up with C5 friends than hope things go better than last year and go smoothly at the car show. we do hope you have a great time and everything turns out spectacular, we just worry with so many moving parts, there's a lot of fingers to cross. we'd rather just finally have the opportunity to put faces to names and start to get things ramped up for C5 Fest (this will sorta be the official pre-pre-party).

Hope that's entirely accurate and I haven't misrepresented anyone's opinions here. If I have, I'm open to correction...
Sounds like a plan.....

Keep in mind my only thought was to make sure you knew in case you wanted to roll over afterwards.....

Last year that thing lasted all day and night with sub events popping up all over....

If not that is cool too but thought it would look stupid to show up to the meeting and then say hey by the way this other thing is going on LOL.....

Then people say why didn't you say something....

The thing wasn't to divide but to go together.... Because everyone else is going together anyway....
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #130
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Edog - I met another Camaro owner at the Fair Lakes cars and coffee. His name is Victor drives a ZL575 and is not currently on C5. I told him about your meet and he seemed interested.

BaltimoreJohn- it was nice meeting you sunday. Thanks for the info. See ya around.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #131
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Edog - I met another Camaro owner at the Fair Lakes cars and coffee. His name is Victor drives a ZL575 and is not currently on C5. I told him about your meet and he seemed interested.

BaltimoreJohn- it was nice meeting you sunday. Thanks for the info. See ya around.
Good meeting you too Luke....
It was fun putting faces with these names on here as I learn my way around Camaro5....

That car you have is wicked.....
I was telling my friends how it has Transformer language written on the car LOL..... Pictures just don't do justice for Victor or your car.......

Oh yes we will see each other out there it was fun....

I will be at Kohls on the 29th early and will go down with you from there if you want.... See you when you get back....
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #132
Baltimorejohn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post

Hey man you should of described yourself as exhaust man LOL
It was good meeting you too

You guys have your cars looking good.....
I have to step it up a bit and I shall LOL
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #133
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Lukeko

Was that Victor Thompson with the ZL 575? Awesome car!

Larry
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #134
Tribute

Quote:
Good meeting you too Luke....
It was fun putting faces with these names on here as I learn my way around Camaro5....

That car you have is wicked.....
I was telling my friends how it has Transformer language written on the car LOL..... Pictures just don't do justice for Victor or your car.......

Oh yes we will see each other out there it was fun....

I will be at Kohls on the 29th early and will go down with you from there if you want.... See you when you get back....
Thanks John, yeah the cybertronian language on the front blackout and rear spoiler are pretty slick. I appreciate the compliments. A few of us are meeting at the University Mall in Burke outside of George Mason for the cruise down, you should join us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
Lukeko

Was that Victor Thompson with the ZL 575? Awesome car!

Larry
Im pretty sure that was him. Really nice guy, wicked car. I look forward to checking yours out too.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #135
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
I'm thinking of trying to attend the next CamaroFest. This is perfect timing! It would be nice to see familiar faces in unfamiliar territory! I can only commit to a possible attendee though. Lots of moving parts!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #136
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafsanjani View Post
I'm thinking of trying to attend the next CamaroFest. This is perfect timing! It would be nice to see familiar faces in unfamiliar territory! I can only commit to a possible attendee though. Lots of moving parts!
It would be nice to put a face to your name. I think I met you once a long time ago, but cannot remember...Age!

Come on down and hook up. There will be a lot of us and it would be nice to get together. I see so many post from you in this region.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #137
Tribute

You can change me from possible to in. Weather should be the only thing that could keep me away.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #138
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I can make it. Add me to the list.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #139
edog

Quote:
Sounds good

This was intended as being informative no other reason.....

Just thought if you wanted to roll up out of the meet cool but it is late in the game....

So either way it is cool.....
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #140
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome_SS View Post
I can make it. Add me to the list.