Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Hi Guys! Ner owner looking for Mod advice

So i drive around 40k miles per year. I used to have a Tahoe and gas was killing me and I just got my new camaro and I am absolutely loving it!

In the interest of having fun and fuel economy, I want to do a CAI and exhaust.

K&N is going to take care of the intake for me because they needed a V6 but once they're done I'm thinking I want to get an exhaust system. I read that I can pick up around 30 hp with both?

Anyways, I've seen the magnaflow clip and the sound doesn't seem too bad. Is that the best available at the moment? Is there a significant difference between cat back and axle back on the V6?

I'm also seeing threads where people are talking about custom tuning...Is that even possible yet? If so, who is doing it?

Thanks for all your help!
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Magnaflow is certainly a viable option, but there hasn't been enough testing yet to determine a "best" option.

Cat-Backs seem to pick up about 18 horsepower, while axle backs seem to pick up between 12 and 16 horsepower, depending on the muffler used.

Hope this helps!
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
It certainly does help, thanks for the reply!

Are there any particular axle back systems people are liking so far? The only thing I've really seen that seems at all officially ready for the camaro is from Magnaflow and if its only a 2-4 hp gain, it probably isn't worth the extra $500 for cat back.
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcamp View Post
It certainly does help, thanks for the reply!

Are there any particular axle back systems people are liking so far? The only thing I've really seen that seems at all officially ready for the camaro is from Magnaflow and if its only a 2-4 hp gain, it probably isn't worth the extra $500 for cat back.
There's the GMPP cat-back (which is really an axleback) thats being made by corsa I believe, but things are ramping up a bit slowly for the V6. More stuff will come out over the next 6 months or so though.

Check out this thread for info on all the mods that are currently confirmed. Some are direct fits, some may require a little bit of work to get them in because they're made for this (or similar) engine but in a different car.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote