Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
January Ordering

My dealer has a list but wont start taking orders till January any of your guys dealers the same.
SdustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Yup- same thing. So far no one in Arizona is taking orders until they hear pricing in January.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Just e-mailed a couple of mine last night. One replied back today saying they would know tomorrow.

I have kept in constant contact with both dealers over the last 6 months, and quite honestly it seems we know more than they do... which is to be expected I guess.

Will find out tomorrow... maybe.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Oh yes short of a couple great dealers on our site mainly Scott most salesman are clueless. Just call around I had a couple act like I was crazy when I said orders began on 10/13 now they're callin me for my deposit. Just shop around and good things will come you can be your dealers inside man with help of this amazing and addictive site!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
When we find out how many cars we can order, we'll take deposits and get them ordered. That will be the 13th.

When a dealer takes them any sooner, it leads to disappointment.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
SdustinK

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Ya mine said they want to make sure people know the prices before they make their orders that way it wont be a hassle to cancel and the people who actually will buy it when they know the prices that way the people that want it on the first day it hits the dealers get them and know there getting them cause if people order before prices so many cancelations will happen and that was the General manager who handles everything for the Camaro
SdustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
When we find out how many cars we can order, we'll take deposits and get them ordered. That will be the 13th.

When a dealer takes them any sooner, it leads to disappointment.
I paid my deposit last Monday and I'm second in line. But, the dealer is in a small town of 36,000 so I'm hoping I won't be "disappointed." Surely, their allotment will be more than one car! They couldn't say one way or the other.
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Just e-mailed a couple of mine last night. One replied back today saying they would know tomorrow.

I have kept in constant contact with both dealers over the last 6 months, and quite honestly it seems we know more than they do... which is to be expected I guess.

A dealership I've been talking to for the last couple weeks freely admitted that consumers often hear information before dealers.

They told me they had 14 people on their list. Probably too many for me to get anything soon. They're a decent sized dealership, but even if they get 5 or 6 a month that's still 3 or 4 months wait at least... And I doubt they'll get that many a month.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Just keep in mind there are so many dealerships. Someone will have room. It just takes time to find them.

I'm not even guessing at allocation, no credible source has provided any info, just guesses, we'll know the FACTS soon enough. And allocation won't be around forever!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:09 AM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Just keep in mind there are so many dealerships. Someone will have room. It just takes time to find them.

I'm not even guessing at allocation, no credible source has provided any info, just guesses, we'll know the FACTS soon enough. And allocation won't be around forever!
how many cars does newman sell per month? also are you able to say how many camaros you will be allocated? so people can get a feel for how many cars thier dealer will be getting.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
how many cars does newman sell per month? also are you able to say how many camaros you will be allocated? so people can get a feel for how many cars thier dealer will be getting.
You never sleep, do you...

Are we the biggest in the area? No. There will be no doubt some dealers will get more cars than we do during the allocation process. I will as always, wait for that number on the 13th before we start getting into selling what we can. We do move some chevy's though!

We're not the biggest.....just one of the best.

www.mydealerreport.com

Last edited by CamaroScotty; 10-07-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #12
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post

I think they could know a bit more than they are letting on. Then again I can't see it being kept a secret for long on a site like this. If they know something, someone would leak it , wouldn't they?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #13
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
[QUOTE=CamaroScotty;148037]You never sleep, do you...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #14
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
What is the latest time of the year to order a Camaro and get one? And does an ordered Camaro come out of the total allotment or is allotment only those delivered to the dealer from the factory prepackaged with orders?
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote