Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-21-2016, 01:59 AM   #1
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Camaro 2SS vs Guilia QV

i know the Guilia QV is a 4door sedan and the direct rival is the ATS-V but performance is perhaps on par or slightly better than the Camaro 2SS.
I think it looks from the side like a BMW and from rear like a AUDI (Taillamps).
What i like to see at this video are the big fix alu paddles for the 8 speed auto ZF tranny which seem to have not such a huge delay like in Camaro and Corvette.
It costs in germany 71000€ manual and perhaps 75000€ with automatic.
A Camaro 2SS which chevy did not offer with a price tag yet !!! costs about 60000€ with NPP,auto from a import dealer.
Are there comparisons and price yet in USA ?
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:10 AM   #2
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
That thing is expected to cost even more than the M3. It has a carbon fiber driveshaft, hood, roof, and seats, a Ferrari-derived engine, plus leather and suede everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I like the car but it is going to be close to twice the price of an SS.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
That thing is expected to cost even more than the M3. It has a carbon fiber driveshaft, hood, roof, and seats, a Ferrari-derived engine, plus leather and suede everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I like the car but it is going to be close to twice the price of an SS.
Gulia QV costs 2-5 grand less in germany as the ATS-V with its bad interior and the M3 too. Think Alfa has a winner here.

shit import taxes; when does TTIP comes ?
GM and chevy does a really bad job in selling their "performance" cars worldwide !
They still offers the old Camaro model !
The 16 is only shown without a configurator or any price ! And still officially not available; only by import guys.
The worst thing is there are only a few dealers which have permission to sell and service these cars. C7 owners sometimes have to drive long distances for a service. Why not every Opel dealer can sell these cars ????
C7 price is also a bit to high to compete; these rare dealers only give little discount from the official chevy price on configurator.
If GM would´nt like to sell these cars global than why making them EU conform and and and.....noobs

Ford did it far better with their Pony.

Last edited by Noob; 05-22-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
wake me when its called a 'Cuda and comes with the Hellcat motor.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #5
sebaj

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 A8 Euro, Audi S3
I did order in Germany from an official dealer with official price list.
sebaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:11 AM   #6
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
The Alfa has not made it to the states yet. Price wise the SS is marked up by a huge margin when imported. Probably double what the price is in the states.

I would choose the Alfa in a heart beat over the new SS. I expect them to be over 100,000 US dollars with mark up.
The SS will be about half the cost of the QV, possibly even a greater gap than that. Alfa is a very rare car in the US, the mark up with be steep because there will be more demand than supply.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #7
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I think the Alfa has a lot of potential but I've been reading a whole lot about problems they are having bringing it to market. Which doesn't bode well in terms of reliability concerns.

http://jalopnik.com/the-alfa-romeo-g...art-1776852795
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
opelaner

Drives: Camaro 2016 V8 Coupe
@noob,
the European V8 coupe with AT8 and NPP is about 50kEUR not 60k. I've ordered one in March
But I also agree in terms of the dubious sales strategy in Europe. Wheras Ford delivers 500 Mustang each month only in Germany, I doubt that GM will be able to deliver this amount on the entire continent in 2016.
Probably its going to get better if Opel hits the break even which allows GME to focus on other topics like the non-domestic vehicles... At least I hope so...
Old 06-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #9
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah I don't care what it costs, that grill is uuuuugly!
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #10
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by opelaner View Post
@noob,
the European V8 coupe with AT8 and NPP is about 50kEUR not 60k. I've ordered one in March
But I also agree in terms of the dubious sales strategy in Europe. Wheras Ford delivers 500 Mustang each month only in Germany, I doubt that GM will be able to deliver this amount on the entire continent in 2016.
Probably its going to get better if Opel hits the break even which allows GME to focus on other topics like the non-domestic vehicles... At least I hope so...
Congrats on your order. I'd love to experience a SS wide open on the A8. The car feels so planted you're going to be in automotive heaven. I'd love to see pictures of your car when you get it.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:53 AM   #11
suzook

Drives: camaro
Too bad its butt ugly.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #12
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Too bad its butt ugly.
And that is what you will be seeing on the new Alfa just the butt. It is a seroiusly quick car. On the road course you will be lucky to even keep it in view.

At 3400 lbs and 510 hp the car will be fantastic. I plan on sloting one in the garage right next to the ZL1

Last edited by Nor Cal ZL1; 06-04-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #13
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
i know the Guilia QV is a 4door sedan and the direct rival is the ATS-V but performance is perhaps on par or slightly better than the Camaro 2SS.
I think it looks from the side like a BMW and from rear like a AUDI (Taillamps).
What i like to see at this video are the big fix alu paddles for the 8 speed auto ZF tranny which seem to have not such a huge delay like in Camaro and Corvette.
It costs in germany 71000€ manual and perhaps 75000€ with automatic.
A Camaro 2SS which chevy did not offer with a price tag yet !!! costs about 60000€ with NPP,auto from a import dealer.
Are there comparisons and price yet in USA ?
The Giulia weighs about a 1000 lbs less and has more power. In stock form it is the fastest 4 door sedan around the ring to date. It is already faster there than the 5th gen Z28. It is not a quarter mile car, but will smoke the new ss on the road course. Of course in the US it is going to command a price, so really its apples to oranges.

The car is crammed with cool featues. Auto blip will shut off automatically if you heal and toe, dynamic suspension, speed variable downforce. However the best part will be the fact that despite all of the tech involved, much of what happens is up to the driver where the marque has always excelled for over a hundred years. Driving experience, car feedback. It wlll be a very driver connected car.

Last edited by Nor Cal ZL1; 06-04-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #14
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
And that is what you will be seeing on the new Alfa just the butt. It is a seroiusly quick car. On the road course you will be lucky to even keep it in view.

At 3400 lbs and 510 hp the car will be fantastic. I plan on sloting one in the garage right next to the ZL1
Thats fine. Keep your ugly ass car. I would rather have a slower better looking car. To each his own.