Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #659
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodreams View Post
Anytime...
Irishblackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #660
Camarodreams

Drives: ordered 2013 ZL1
So I talked to Brandon and he says my car shows bayed status. Becky told me it was shipped a week ago. Im not getting stripes or anything extra so i know its not a back and forth issue. I havent got a clue now.
Camarodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #661
Gef0rc3

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE IOM
Maybe it's at a distribution point
Gef0rc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #662
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
What was today's update?
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #663
Camarodreams

Just got it yesterday! Im in love.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #664
Camarodreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodreams View Post
Just got it yesterday! Im in love.
Its orange but looks red in this picture
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #665
WongBob
Dig Race?

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I found out this morning that my car is NOT at the distribution center. Also, it never left Canada. The rail car number the DBC gave me was from a black 1LE. How do you screw that up when you are given the VIN and order number to look it up by? GM told my dealer this morning that it was on a rail car heading this way, but later told them that it was waiting on a rail car in Oshawa. I am far from a happy camper at this point. GM is giving me and my dealer the runaround. I called GM to express this to them in as friendly a manner as one could after a string of lies and BS like this has been. I was fine until I found out my car was still in Canada. I am on fire right now!!!!

Last edited by WongBob; 03-26-2013 at 09:32 PM.
WongBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #666
Jabba

Drives: '13 ZL1 (On Order)
I just found mine on my dealer's website and autotrader for sale. How unprofessional is this? This is the great GM Customer Service I am not getting used too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #667
hotrodder9102

Drives: 1992 Z28,2002 Camaro SS,2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WongBob View Post
I found out this morning that my car is NOT at the distribution center. Also, it never left Canada. The rail car number the DBC gave me was from a black 1LE. How do you screw that up when you are given the VIN and order number to look it up by? GM told my dealer this morning that it was on a rail car heading this way, but later told them that it was waiting on a rail car in Oshawa. I am far from a happy camper at this point. GM is giving me and my dealer the runaround. I called GM to express this to them in as friendly a manner as one could after a string of lies and BS like this has been. I was fine until I found out my car was still in Canada. I am on fire right now!!!!

I am in the same boat as you. Mine has just went out for the hood wrap. Yep....I ordered mine on November 26th. I almost think there is something wrong with the car. It was built February 18th, and has been sitting ever since. I wonder if it has been damaged, motor blown up, who the hell knows? But I do think its kinda strange that its been sitting all this time.
hotrodder9102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #668
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
I just found mine on my dealer's website and autotrader for sale. How unprofessional is this? This is the great GM Customer Service I am not getting used too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've stated before that when a sold order car pops up on the dealer website or autotrader, it's because the dealer has stocked the vehicle into their accounting system. The dealer website and autotrader automatically pull from the dealer's inventory, even if it's a sold order. I wouldn't worry about it. The dealer knows your car is sold right? All they have to do is tell anyone calling on it that it's already sold. Also, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that people are knocking down doors to buy these cars. Chances are, they won't have anyone call on the car between now and the time it arrives.

hotrodder9102's car was on our website from the time we got the invoice in February until sometime last week and we never got a call or lead on it during that time.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #669
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodder9102 View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Mine has just went out for the hood wrap. Yep....I ordered mine on November 26th. I almost think there is something wrong with the car. It was built February 18th, and has been sitting ever since. I wonder if it has been damaged, motor blown up, who the hell knows? But I do think its kinda strange that its been sitting all this time.
I really think the whole tire thing has thrown timing WAY off. I don't know that it's just now getting the wrap but judging from the status updates, that's a good possibility.

The tire issue is a big snafu but I'm not really sure what GM can do with these specialty tires and the care they require. You and I both know how much the tires cost and GM doesn't want to have to eat a bunch of those. If the car was built in Texas instead of Canada, this wouldn't even be an issue because we don't see those temps here.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the car. It's gonna be awesome when it finally arrives.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #670
WongBob
Dig Race?

I think the whole tire issue is a crock of shit. Cars being ordered, built, shipped and delivered months after our orders and build dates. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles my entire life and buy AT LEAST one new high end GM product every year. At this point I have them looking for me a ZL1. They can shove this BS where the sun don't shine.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #671
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WongBob View Post
I think the whole tire issue is a crock of shit. Cars being ordered, built, shipped and delivered months after our orders and build dates. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles my entire life and buy AT LEAST one new high end GM product every year. At this point I have them looking for me a ZL1. They can shove this BS where the sun don't shine.
The tire issue isn't a crock. They can crack in cold weather. This is just GM taking steps to prevent that. As for cars getting out, there aren't a lot of fresh ZL1s and 1LEs out there. I did a quick ZL1 locate and there are only a couple within 200 miles of me that were delivered 30 days ago. There are a handful that have been on the ground fo 10-15 days and about 9 that either show shipped or were delivered within the last week.

That's just ZL1s too. There are even more 1LE's in transit and close to arriving at dealers. 18 of them to be exact. There are 2 that have been on the ground for less than a week and handful that have been on the ground for 10-18 days.

So, they're shipping a lot of these cars right now. I'm sure because of the backlog, it was impossible for them to wade through all of these cars to find the sold orders and get them out first. I'm not saying that they shouldn't do that, but it's just something that probably would have slowed them down even more.

Just be patient. I look at it as one of the downfalls of ordering in winter. The car will arrive and it will be awesome.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #672
WongBob
Dig Race?

Here's the deal... If the tires crack at a speed they will be loading them on a railcar, they will crack sitting still. Load the cars and send them out.