Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by URfullOfIt View Post
So you are going to go on record...blah blah blah blah blah...
Holy Crap dude...
Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #44
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
So you are going to go on record and say that you haven't coverted your motor over to an LS3 or that you haven't had the cam swapped out?

You haven't done anything to any of the internals on your motor?

Your turning 11s with just headers, exhaust, tune, converter, and some drag radials?

I'm just a little scortch by seeing people like OrangeChevyII saying his is all stock internals, turning big numbers to get on the fastest stock list to find out yeah his time are fast because it's an LS7. He fails to mention that kind of stuff but he'll take the praise.

Well if he ran 12.2 w/ out the converter which I beleive he did as I`ve run 12.2 w/ just headers, CAI and a tune, stock tires. Then I believe I could easily drop 5 tenths off w/ a converter and drag radials. I dropped 7 tenths off my 4th gen just by adding a stall converter and drag radials. So it is doable, and quite easily in my opinion. I chose to Go FI so I did not want to put any money in a converter until I see what I run w/ the Whipple. Now only he knows if he`s been into his motor or not and quite frankly at least on this forum he`s conducted himself w/ great character and as such I chose to believe him if he says he`s stock L99 internal.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #45
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Holy Crap dude...
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #46
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
A 370 rwhp L99 A6 will walk all over a 370 rwhp LS3 M6.

My L99 A6 ran 12.5 @ 111 mph with 352 rwhp. I was running more than a 1/2 second faster than an LS3 M6 with 370 rwhp. At the time, my only mods were an intake, full exhaust, and a tune (stock wheels, tires, no weight removed, etc). I even had crap in my trunk from work (probably an extra 15 lbs or so).

Some people don't understand how fast the L99 A6s can be with just a few basic mods and good tuning.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #47
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
that was a great video!

Too bad you DQ'd, but you are the winner imo .

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #48
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
...Your turning 11s with just headers, exhaust, tune, converter, and some drag radials?...
Actually, I think the elevation had the biggest impact on my time, as the track is darn near at sea-level and I had never run below 12 before. I've been very clear about what I've done to the car... More questions? Come out to the track and look for yourself. Otherwise, and quite frankly, I'm done with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
...at least on this forum he`s conducted himself w/ great character and as such I chose to believe him if he says he`s stock L99 internal.
Thanks, GMRULZ. You're good people, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I started this thread simply to share the video and pics from Pinks... it's since turned into a total drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
that was a great video!

Too bad you DQ'd, but you are the winner imo .
Thanks, Hemlawk! It was a total blast... really looking forward to doing it again.. maybe more than once, as if they hit Dallas and Houston next year, I might too.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #49
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Cool video and awsome times! I live about 45 min. away from HRP and about 30 from Evadale Raceway(www.evadaleraceway.com).

Saw a few of the local cars that live around here in your pics.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #50
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
So you are going to go on record and say that you haven't coverted your motor over to an LS3 or that you haven't had the cam swapped out?

You haven't done anything to any of the internals on your motor?

Your turning 11s with just headers, exhaust, tune, converter, and some drag radials?

I'm just a little scortch by seeing people like OrangeChevyII saying his is all stock internals, turning big numbers to get on the fastest stock list to find out yeah his time are fast because it's an LS7. He fails to mention that kind of stuff but he'll take the praise.

I will sit here and tell you he is about as BONE Stock internal as the L99 Rolling off the line tomorrow morning in oshawa because I have seen the dyno sheet to his car for myself. exact same mods I had before my LS3 conversion.

What part do you not understand its a tuned car with an automatic and a torque converter and some drag radials with dam good elevation?
Get in sit down turn everything off brake check the SOB and Floor the MFER with some good tires and when the tree hits green ease into it with a Romp on the throttle down the track and let the A6 do its magic

of course he isnt going to hit those up here in denton he isnt in that elevation he was down there.

back to Number_9's car lets just give him a hand for the great numbers and Eat the facts that Andy at ADM can build some car that turn numbers at the track lol

Amazing what Great elevation/ tire preasure and a quick car will do for ya lol
why is it when we say go check it out at the track for yourself you dont answer ?
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #51
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I will sit here and tell you he is about as BONE Stock internal as the L99 Rolling off the line tomorrow morning in oshawa because I have seen the dyno sheet to his car for myself. exact same mods I had before my LS3 conversion.

What part do you not understand its a tuned car with an automatic and a torque converter and some drag radials with dam good elevation?
Get in sit down turn everything off brake check the SOB and Floor the MFER with some good tires and when the tree hits green ease into it with a Romp on the throttle down the track and let the A6 do its magic

of course he isnt going to hit those up here in denton he isnt in that elevation he was down there.

back to Number_9's car lets just give him a hand for the great numbers and Eat the facts that Andy at ADM can build some car that turn numbers at the track lol

Amazing what Great elevation/ tire preasure and a quick car will do for ya lol
why is it when we say go check it out at the track for yourself you dont answer ?

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #52
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
why do you called it evil RS when its a SS .... if i saw that plate i would first think its a v6, until i looked closer
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #53
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
why do you called it evil RS when its a SS .... if i saw that plate i would first think its a v6, until i looked closer
Haha... great question... it's a 2SS/RS, so the RS works in that respect. Also, EVIL SS was taken. :(

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #54
BlaSSt Off

Quote:
RS is an appearance package available with both V8 and V6. The only ones you hear calling the V6 an RS are the ones that dont know the diffrence anyway or are stuck on the 4th gens.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #55
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off View Post
RS is an appearance package available with both V8 and V6. The only ones you hear calling the V6 an RS are the ones that dont know the diffrence anyway or are stuck on the 4th gens.
yes i know what the RS PKG. i have a 1ss/RS ... allot of v6s have RS badge.. thats why the average person wont know. my friend calls the v6 camaro a RS. he doesn't have a camaro ....

my friend told a other guy with a evo i was getting a camaro RS and the guy said isnt that a v6 ?? and i had to explain. the RS is just a appearance PKG.. i really have both ss/rs....

people see SS = v8

if people see anything other then SS they will think it has to be a v6... which on the road is the case 100% on the time with the new camaros...

on the road you will never see a SS with a RS badge. and allot of v6 camaro either have no badge or a RS.... which is why it can be confusing
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #56
BlaSSt Off

Quote:
yes i know what the RS PKG. i have a 1ss/RS ... allot of v6s have RS badge.. thats why the average person wont know. my friend calls the v6 camaro a RS. he doesn't have a camaro ....

my friend told a other guy with a evo i was getting a camaro RS and the guy said isnt that a v6 ?? and i had to explain. the RS is just a appearance PKG.. i really have both ss/rs....

people see SS = v8

if people see anything other then SS they will think it has to be a v6... which on the road is the case 100% on the time with the new camaros...

on the road you will never see a SS with a RS badge. and allot of v6 camaro either have no badge or a RS.... which is why it can be confusing
HMMMM.... So I wonder how confused people would be if I put some of those "Type R" badges on my car... and then if I added three "S"s to it I would have a "Type SSRS". Would that make my car a Camaro Type R because of a badge?