Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #71
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
In Minnesota all state single lane, 2-way traffic, highways are 55 and double lane highways are usually marked 65. No double lanes here in NW MN and I set the cruise at 5 over and don't get bothered. You can push 8 over and get away with it most of the time, but it depends on the officer and we have one that has stopped for anything over 60, actually she had wrote a bunch at 59 in a 55 but I heard(true or not, I am not sure) a judge had thrown out a bunch for under under the 60 mark. 9 over is really pushing it but will probably get you pulled over and 10 over will definitely get you pulled over and depends on how long since your last violation you possibly may get a warning but highly unlikely.

I was on a cruise to my hometown to shop and eat 50 miles away. I can remember when I was a kid in 70's the highways had 2 speed limit sign, one for daytime and one for night time. I wish we would bring that back. If I remember right one was black with white lettering and no reflective paint marked for 65 MPH for daytime and the other was like the current signs, white with black lettering and reflective with 55 MPH speed limit.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #72
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You drive the posted limit so that you don't have to guess. Let the rest of take the risk for you.
I usually go 5 over the posted speed limit except in school zones, active construction zones, etc. - don't want to get run over.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #73
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I can see how easy it is to speed in these I haven't had a camaro in awhile 97 as and 02 as and they didn't run as good as the 14 I ordered intact that's what sold me is the balls this car has used to drag race a lot I'm talking 200 mph in 1/4 and this car out of box made me grin I'll have to be careful for sure
Wanna buy a period, comma, some form of punctuation?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #74
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
That's funny, our Fredericksburg the police and troopers try to get you for 1 over!
TRUE THAT! But our fredericksburg is a bunch of city driving lol.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:43 AM   #75
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I am an officer in Ohio. The freeway limit in my area is 65 MPH. I usually don't even start to stop cars until they reach 75 and don't start writing tickets until you reach 80 unless you talk yourself into one. That being said, yes troopers are more strict than us local guys. I find my pet peeve being people that are following too closely more than people that are mildly exceeding the limit. Happy motoring.

Sent from my samsung galaxy s 3
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #76
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
I find my pet peeve being people that are following too closely more than people that are mildly exceeding the limit.
You've got that right! You can do something about that, ya know.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #77
Hollywood2010

And I do

Old 09-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #78
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Ohio just raised thier speed limits in some areas. I also read somewhere how Law Enforcement is "Sticking" to the posted Speed Limits... I am always paranoid that I will get pulled over, so I keep it at least 5 over or less anywhere I go. Cruise Control is my friend. Especially when going through Toledo with the dreaded "Red Light / Speed Cameras" everywhere. LOL!

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions...ps-9-2013.aspx
Old 09-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #79
Hollywood2010

Yes some area changed to 70. Nothing too close to me however. Still 65 here for now.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #80
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
Ohio just raised thier speed limits in some areas. I also read somewhere how Law Enforcement is "Sticking" to the posted Speed Limits... I am always paranoid that I will get pulled over, so I keep it at least 5 over or less anywhere I go. Cruise Control is my friend. Especially when going through Toledo with the dreaded "Red Light / Speed Cameras" everywhere. LOL!

for a lot of people those are probably a bigger threat than the cops now.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #81
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
I am an officer in Ohio. The freeway limit in my area is 65 MPH. I usually don't even start to stop cars until they reach 75 and don't start writing tickets until you reach 80 unless you talk yourself into one. That being said, yes troopers are more strict than us local guys. I find my pet peeve being people that are following too closely more than people that are mildly exceeding the limit. Happy motoring.

Sounds reasonable given typical speedometer error, descending overpasses, managing distance from dangerous clumps of drivers.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #82
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfault View Post
Not in Texas, we call them speed suggestions. The standardized speed limit known to all of Texans in small to mid sized city is 40 MPH, and then if you live in a metropolitan area like Dallas or Austin and so on it's an understood 50-60 and if the lights turn yellow you punch it before it does turn red.

However, I have come across some troopers that say they'll even let 10 mph pass on a highway just because our roads are long, straight and boring. I've also come across troopers that say they'll only allow 5 mph, so it's really just a matter of who you end up with.

So in our 85 MPH highways we can go up to 90 maybe even 95?

No....I've heard that officers are less tolerant on the 80mph and 85mph stretches
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #83
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
All I know is that in general I don't find out the answer to the question. I just set cruise to the sl eed li.it and right lane it the whole way.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #84
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
You cops should be writing tickets to people in the fast lane going the speed limit or under. It should also be legal to be allowed to shoot the tires of people driving slow in the fast lane. Drives me absolutely insane. At least in my area. I know some areas like Dallas, for the most part people actually know how to drive on the highways. Where I'm from, you catch someone doing 60 in the fast lane, when the limit is 65 or 70 I"m glad a 50 cal machine gun isn't a mod because if I had one, I probably would have used it on some of these people. Not to actually shoot them necessarily, but just to let them know they are driving too slow