Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Diablosport Predator Tune + JBA 2.5" high flow cats = CEL P0430

I installed JBA HF cats a few months ago. About a week ago the CEL comes on. Of course I plug in the predator and see what the code is, P0430 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 2. I cleared it and hoped it never came back. Well it came back. I flashed back the stock tune and CEL went away. So my question is, what parameters in the diablosport canned tune threw the CEL that the OEM tune didn't hurt. Also what setting/parameter would I change on the canned tune to fix the CEL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PO430 catalyst efficiency below theshold bank 2

Last edited by The Stig; 03-06-2011 at 08:27 PM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
The Stig

Bump for some help
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
DSX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Z06
Your factory calibration will likely trip that code just the same.

I don't think the Predator guys will modify emissions codes to get rid of your CEL.
DSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Brian@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nope. They don't. And the highflow cats contrary to advertisments will not pass the factory catalyst test. If you need a custom tune I can do that for you no problem.
Brian@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I installed JBA HF cats a few months ago. About a week ago the CEL comes on. Of course I plug in the predator and see what the code is, P0430 catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 2. I cleared it and hoped it never came back. Well it came back. I flashed back the stock tune and CEL went away. So my question is, what parameters in the diablosport canned tune threw the CEL that the OEM tune didn't hurt. Also what setting/parameter would I change on the canned tune to fix the CEL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PO430 catalyst efficiency below theshold bank 2
You need a custom tune to correct this issue.
The Canned tunes will not correct this.
Send me your Original back up and I can write you a custom tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
Brian@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You have 2 pm.
Brian@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
IOMCamaro2SSRS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS RS
yep... need a custom tune written for your predator in order to have the necessary items taken care of...

disabling the trouble codes and other emissions related items was removed from the diablo products years ago, due to EPA regulations...
IOMCamaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
The Stig

Thanks for all the help guys. I took her to the dealer to see if maybe I didn't seal the gaskets right or something. Turns out what was causing the CEL was that I had twisted up the O2 sensor wires when reinstalling them. They untangled them for me and the CEL hasn't come back yet.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks for all the help guys. I took her to the dealer to see if maybe I didn't seal the gaskets right or something. Turns out what was causing the CEL was that I had twisted up the O2 sensor wires when reinstalling them. They untangled them for me and the CEL hasn't come back yet.
Twisted wires will not cause a P0430 Cat efficiency code.

The sensor has to work to set that code.

Ted.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Twisted wires will not cause a P0430 Cat efficiency code.

The sensor has to work to set that code.

Ted.
No the sensors work. He said that the twisted wires might have thrown off the sensor reading. I don't honestly know what that means but the CEL is gone, for now at least.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
No the sensors work. He said that the twisted wires might have thrown off the sensor reading. I don't honestly know what that means but the CEL is gone, for now at least.
Correct, you can't set a P0430 unless the sensors are working correctly.

If it were a wiring problem it would have set a number of OTHER Codes relating to voltage or lack there of.

Your code will be back Like Arnold.

Ted.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
frankd3sCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS, '09 Escalade Hybrid
im having the same issue

i installed dynatech long tubes with HF cats and magnaflow comp 2 cat back, k&n intake and Trinity diablo tuned.. i cant get rid of codes p0420 p0430... i know its not the o2 wires i checked them and installed the headers myself.. anyone know what to do here? i know its not the tune either because i put it back to stock and it still popped up..
frankd3sCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #13
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd3sCamaroSS View Post
i installed dynatech long tubes with HF cats and magnaflow comp 2 cat back, k&n intake and Trinity diablo tuned.. i cant get rid of codes p0420 p0430... i know its not the o2 wires i checked them and installed the headers myself.. anyone know what to do here? i know its not the tune either because i put it back to stock and it still popped up..
The code is the left and right rear O2 sensors. You need a custom tune to get rid of it. That's the route I went when I had the problem with my mid pipes
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd3sCamaroSS View Post
I have run in to this before a few times, it is a problem in the Diablo software, I turn the codes off but they stay on anyway.

I never have these problems with SCT.

Ted.