Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #155
Fieryfight

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT IBM Convertible
Not in my camaro but on a trip to visit family in Kentucky with my younger sister it was my turn to finish driving the rest of the trip in her Mazda 3 (better gas mileage and why I know they weren't trying to just look at the car) I notice that a dodge avenger has been behind us for a little while on a 4 lane highway so I move over a lane to allow them to pass, they move over behind us. I didn't think anything of it figuring they had matched our cruise control speed and where content not to have to change it... I was wrong. I sped up and changed lanes to pass a slower car .... So did they. I got over into the slower lane and slowed down... So did they. I merged into the lane to the right of me when another car blocked them and sped up... They go to the outer left lane and speed up then merge over 2 lanes to get behind us again. At this point I'm wondering what the heck is going on as they continue to match our lane changes. Finally I see a chance to merge over when they were effectively blocked on both sides and got up to about 80 and then took the nearest exit when they couldn't see us.

Fieryfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #156
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Only mentally unstable people target and follow, been there but usually they just want to fight with you.

Around here you can get randomly jacked by force, so I watch my back. Plan an escape route at those stoplights.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #157
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
I got so stuck on the weapon stuff I never even said anything about my little adventure.
So it was late one night a few years ago and I was out riding around in my 3rd gen with a stroker motor just passing time. I had just left the gas station and got on the frwy when a fox body came a long beside me and wanted to play bit. I did nothing with them because I knew a cop was usually up the road on the shoulder. They kept messing around and the cop was not there so I just pulled away from them. I finally slowed down to normal cruising speed. They caught up and were behind me and kept running up on my ass and when I changed lanes so did they but they never tried to get in front of me. I was in the inner loop system of our frwy and decided to go to the outer loop where I knew there were tolls but I had a tag so I wouldn't have to stop thinking maybe they would not follow. Well they did anyway and this went on for about 30 min and I was tired of it, plus the gas gauge was down to a little under a 1/4 of a tank by now. Anyway I exited the frwy and got to a red light. They were behind me and I noticed they were kind of fumbling around in the car. The other thing I noticed is that they had their windows halfway down so I lit up the tires and left them coughing and hacking in a cloud of smoke. I shut my cutouts and pulled on down a dark street and turned the car off. I finally seen them dive on by after a couple of minutes. I sat there for about 10 more min then I went and made a report, got gas, and went home thinking that was the end of it. Until a couple of nights latter. I saw their car on the news as being invovled in a car jacking. I didn't have a cell phone back then because they weren't that popular among an everyday person and I did not feel important enough to need one or even a pager for that matter. Anyway there is my addition to being harassed.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #158
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke 'em View Post
I got so stuck on the weapon stuff I never even said anything about my little adventure.
So it was late one night a few years ago and I was out riding around in my 3rd gen with a stroker motor just passing time. I had just left the gas station and got on the frwy when a fox body came a long beside me and wanted to play bit. I did nothing with them because I knew a cop was usually up the road on the shoulder. They kept messing around and the cop was not there so I just pulled away from them. I finally slowed down to normal cruising speed. They caught up and were behind me and kept running up on my ass and when I changed lanes so did they but they never tried to get in front of me. I was in the inner loop system of our frwy and decided to go to the outer loop where I knew there were tolls but I had a tag so I wouldn't have to stop thinking maybe they would not follow. Well they did anyway and this went on for about 30 min and I was tired of it, plus the gas gauge was down to a little under a 1/4 of a tank by now. Anyway I exited the frwy and got to a red light. They were behind me and I noticed they were kind of fumbling around in the car. The other thing I noticed is that they had their windows halfway down so I lit up the tires and left them coughing and hacking in a cloud of smoke. I shut my cutouts and pulled on down a dark street and turned the car off. I finally seen them dive on by after a couple of minutes. I sat there for about 10 more min then I went and made a report, got gas, and went home thinking that was the end of it. Until a couple of nights latter. I saw their car on the news as being invovled in a car jacking. I didn't have a cell phone back then because they weren't that popular among an everyday person and I did not feel important enough to need one or even a pager for that matter. Anyway there is my addition to being harassed.

were you packing?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #159
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Always.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #160
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Always.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #161
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Had it happen in my charger while I was on the road out of state... I slowed down enough and switched lanes and had "forgetful Lucy" (machete) in my hand with my arm hanging out the front drivers window... they slowed down and got off at the next exit...I kept going.

And it was blatant following in a raggedy car, with getting close to my rear at every stop light.
LOL. you must be central american. Everyone i know who carries one of those is central american.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #162
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Quote:
I always wonder why people do not want to pass a cop or trooper or any leo for that matter. A lot of times when I approach one they are usually going below the speed limit and because no one wants to pass them, the rest of the people in traffic have to suffer. I guess I could understand if the leo was doing the speed limit but even then I see some people that speed up enough to just get past them and they do not encounter any problems.
Exactly I do this all the time.