Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Help selecting rear speakers

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the rear speakers rattling. Dealer says its "normal" but there is no way its normal, I'm guessing either a blown speaker or a need for dynamat is what the issue is. Because its only the passenger side speaker that produces the vibration I am worried the speaker might be blown. After reading on here exactly what is required to get at the speakers for dynamat I have come to the conclusion I only want to have to do this once. So, i am going to dynamat the rear lid but would also like to replace the rear speakers at the same time with something that is not likely to blow with the stock headunit/amp. I have no plans to replace the head unit or amp in the future. What are some recommendations for speakers to put in? I am going to be placing an order with ******** later today for the MDF 6x9 brackets, do i need anything else like some kind of adapter for the rear BA speakers to hook up to the normal speaker connections like ******** has for the fronts?

Any help you audiophiles can offer would be awesome!
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I would get the whole ******** amp replacement kit while your at it. The factory amp ic complete crap. I'm pretty sure that Steve@ ******** has an adapter for the rears or lets you know which wire to use for the replacement rears coming off his harness.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Foreverman

Drives: 1SS-RS
http://store.12velectronics.com/prod...eaker-Set.html

these are amazing for the price ... though you might need to look for an amp for them.

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Imagine_...69-2_Final.pdf
Foreverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Thanks for the input guys, I'll take a look at those speakers.
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
I'm having the same issue, it's the speaker. If you touch the paper while its playing the rattle stops.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote