Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #43
ashengreyZL1
Davenport Stage 6

Drives: 2013 ashen grey ZL1 M6
I personally think they should have made a hard top convertible. That would have been the best of both worlds. This guy is also a buffoon
ashengreyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #44
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
Well, I have a ZL1 Convertible. Here's my take.

The convertibles aren't junk. As far as I can tell on these forums, all convertible issues were worked out by 2013. So, no quality issues on my vert!

I think of the vert as best of both worlds. I love cruising with the top down, but I also love smacking porsche's off the road (for less money). Honestly, how awesome is that?

It's obviously more than a 'camaro with a big engine'. We've got the same suspension technology that is licensed to Ferrari and other great cars. (What is ford's comparable? Finally indep rear susp. wow. seriously.)

It's track capable, which means over-engineered, and that over-engineering means quality. You can run the car hard, and it's ready for that.

My vert, like all ZL1 verts, are the stiffest camaro convertibles chevy has ever made. Bendy? Has he driven a bendy car? (ANY 80's mustang . . . )

Badging?!? did he think I bought 15k in badging? I find it hilarious that people on this board de-badge and he makes fun of the excessive badging. It's like proof that we're not buying the car for the badges, but rather the inherent bad-ass, over-engineering, focused (and factory backed) mods.

Let's be frank, these mods are backed by hundreds of thousands of engines, millions of miles, and engineering prowess than no single mod shop can compare to! Heck, all mod shops put together don't have .1% of the engineering (and engineering statistical data) that GM brings to the table.
(dear mod shops, no insult intended. GM has much deeper pockets and makes many, many more units.)

What does that mean? If I leave my car stock, that engine and drive train are probably good for 250K miles, even if I drive it hard. Let that sink in for a minute. 580hp. 250k miles. HARD driving.

No, give it a full minute.

(Has it been a minute? ok, read on . . .) Are we still bashing the quality or technology now?

One last thing . . . I have THE MOST POWERFUL PRODUCTION CONVERTIBLE CHEVROLET HAS EVERY SOLD. This includes Corvette's, by the way. The next more powerful convertible sells for something like 240K, I believe? A Bentley or something?

My car is powerful, solid, fun (did someone say convertible?), reliable, show stopping (standing still), Porsche thumping (off the line) and downright beautiful with it's unique hood, wheels, front end/splitter.

Oh, and the moron isn't smart enough to look in the trunk for a boot!
Wow took the words right out of my mouth.
The vert is the best of both worlds, all the same technology to take to the track and blow most higher priced cars away. Just put in a roll cage if this is your thing.
I take mine to the 1/4 mile track with a roll bar.
Yeh never looked in the trunk for the cover because the badge got in his way.
Like I said there is no merit or knowledge in his review.
Like they say never argue with an idiot they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:21 PM   #45
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
The guy is an idiot. I stopped watching half way through.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #46
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
This guy needs to review Accords, Corollas, and other boring stuff. He obviously doesn't understand performance cars.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #47
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Well, does anyone have anything to refute what he actually says about the convertible? I know there isnt much meat in the review but I assume it is worse than the coupe due to lack of a hard roof. And I have to continue assuming its worse since there isnt much information being posted in this thread. That being said I think the basis of his review is dead on, there is no reason for a vert ZL1. Maybe its because I just dont like soft top performance cars, yeah I know some of you have vert ZL1s but I dont get them. But while his review is light on facts he's right on the roof looking cheap when folded back. Is there no cover included? I thought even the rental I had awhile ago (V6 in SS badges, never got an explanition on that one) had a tonneau cover.

Anywho, have some of you really never heard Z pronounced Zed? There are people that dont watch Top Gear on this site?
Most people on this board are up to date with the packages so we ZL1 vert owners don't feel the need to justify our purchase. If you want to know the differences between the coupes and verts the threads are out there.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #48
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Another youtube, asshat, clown, sensation is born. This thread will go on for weeks...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #49
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
What a meatball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #50
jamekitz

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
Well, I have a ZL1 Convertible. Here's my take.

The convertibles aren't junk. As far as I can tell on these forums, all convertible issues were worked out by 2013. So, no quality issues on my vert!

I think of the vert as best of both worlds. I love cruising with the top down, but I also love smacking porsche's off the road (for less money). Honestly, how awesome is that?

It's obviously more than a 'camaro with a big engine'. We've got the same suspension technology that is licensed to Ferrari and other great cars. (What is ford's comparable? Finally indep rear susp. wow. seriously.)

It's track capable, which means over-engineered, and that over-engineering means quality. You can run the car hard, and it's ready for that.

My vert, like all ZL1 verts, are the stiffest camaro convertibles chevy has ever made. Bendy? Has he driven a bendy car? (ANY 80's mustang . . . )

Badging?!? did he think I bought 15k in badging? I find it hilarious that people on this board de-badge and he makes fun of the excessive badging. It's like proof that we're not buying the car for the badges, but rather the inherent bad-ass, over-engineering, focused (and factory backed) mods.

Let's be frank, these mods are backed by hundreds of thousands of engines, millions of miles, and engineering prowess than no single mod shop can compare to! Heck, all mod shops put together don't have .1% of the engineering (and engineering statistical data) that GM brings to the table.
(dear mod shops, no insult intended. GM has much deeper pockets and makes many, many more units.)

What does that mean? If I leave my car stock, that engine and drive train are probably good for 250K miles, even if I drive it hard. Let that sink in for a minute. 580hp. 250k miles. HARD driving.

No, give it a full minute.

(Has it been a minute? ok, read on . . .) Are we still bashing the quality or technology now?

One last thing . . . I have THE MOST POWERFUL PRODUCTION CONVERTIBLE CHEVROLET HAS EVERY SOLD. This includes Corvette's, by the way. The next more powerful convertible sells for something like 240K, I believe? A Bentley or something?

My car is powerful, solid, fun (did someone say convertible?), reliable, show stopping (standing still), Porsche thumping (off the line) and downright beautiful with it's unique hood, wheels, front end/splitter.

Oh, and the moron isn't smart enough to look in the trunk for a boot!
Really good response I Call It Vera.

As an owner of a ZL1 vert, I suppose I would like to add that despite how GM may or may not have marketed this vehicle as a track car, I bought it because I am a Camaro guy who wanted everything the ZL1 offered that the SS did not in an enjoyable open top package. While our friend camaroz06 might not "get" open top high performance cars, there is clearly a reason for them or else virtually everyone who makes high performance convertibles today would not have a purpose for doing so. Porsche 911, BMW 6 Series, Jaguar F-Type, Audi S5 and R8, Mercedes Benz SL and SLS, Ferrari 458, Bentley GT, Aston Martin DB9, McLaren MP4-12C, Pagani Zonda, Lamborgini Gallardo and even Bugatti offer topless versions of their cars- all of which are structurally weaker than their hardtop versions... Not everyone buys these high performance convertibles just for the purpose of tracking them.

I struggle to understand this strange false 'either/or' premise that people set up for ZL1 buyers - either you buy a ZL1 for the track or you buy it, as this goof in the YouTube video suggests, to slowly drive up the boulevard waving like a f***tard.

There is a vast middle ground between these two poles which, I think, is the core of why the majority of us love cars- for the pleasure of driving them as a pass time.

I have no interest in driving my ZL1 on a track, but I do have in interest in driving it on great driving roads all over North America. I could have still opted with a coupe, but I would rather enjoy open-top cruises with my 3 year old son and a couple of friends so the convertible was what I "got."

It makes a lot of sense to me.
jamekitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #51
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Hey hey, now now, lets cut the guy a break. You would be upset if more than half of every paycheck was jacked by the goverment to pay taxes.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #52
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Hey hey, now now, lets cut the guy a break. You would be upset if more than half of every paycheck was jacked by the goverment to pay taxes.
I am also upset I pay way to much taxes but I don't take it out through dumbass car reviews.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #53
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Yeah...This guy belongs in a Prius or some other Unicorn farting car...The ZL1 is far more than a boulevard cruiser..'vert or not.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #54
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
I don't think with that kind of review he's going to be anywhere near that kind of tax bracket.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #55
BRcar

Drives: 13 zl1 crt convertible
pop the top, put on a plastic passenger seat cover, give him a ride using no lift shift
BRcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #56
BOSS_HOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
He should eat more salad...
2010 2SS/RS 1 7/8" Long Tube American Racing Headers w/high flow cats, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Shifter, JRE 445 Street Cam Package tuned via SCT, Pedders Street 1 Kit.
BOSS_HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote