Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Need Advice: Under Car Lighting for Shows

What water proof kits, lighting system to you all recommend? I will only be using this during Cruise in's, shows. I'm going with red and want to control it via a single mini goggle under the dash.

Some questions I have,

Where is the best place to pull power from?
Best place to pull wire thru for switch?
Wire size?

any other advice from the pros would be great, I have a parade I will be in right before Christmas and would like to get it installed early while I have a overhead life available.

Thanks
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
LEDGLOW.com dude I love it! I have their 3 million color underbody and wheel well kit with add on grille lighting. Check them out man. You can also get single colors such as red but the 3 million color is just awesome, custom patterns, colors, its awesome!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
Hey buddy check my build out. I have some Grill lights that i wired up through the engine bay to a switch in my car. It is pretty simple. I used fuse holder, some 18 gauge wire (that or 16 gauge), and a relay (waterproof). Then connected everything via wire saudering and shrink wrap to cover everything. I dont like to use taps. But you can, i just like to do the extra work. I then ran the wire through a small hole through the firewall which is located right above the brake pedal behind the carpet sort of towards the upper corner. You can reach it through the top of engine bay. When you find the hole, remember to use a rubber filler to put in the hole so that the wire is not touching metal and it eliminates the vibration and all that. They are cheap and they basically fill the hole, and they have a little hole in the center so you can run whatever wire you use. From there hook the switches to the wires using the right connecters (saudered together). Find a good ground, hook that up, then place your fuse holder in a appropriate fuse slot in fuse box and you are good. If you run the switch like how I did, there is a bolt behind the center panels via on the side of the center console and you can ground there for the switches. For the engine ground, just find a good spot on the chasis and you good. To learn how to use relays and fuse holders i watched youtube. They have a lot of vids out there that explain everything and show you everything.

Oh i got my grille lights from phasetek, and the switches from autozone. The saudering hands i got from harbor freight (2 dollars, they hold your wires together while you sauder) and the little flame gun from harbor freight and sauder wire from radio shack. Connectors from autozone as well.
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote