Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #351
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Some laps from the track! Thank you Mike for setting up the event!

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #352
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Awesome vid.. Thanks for posting... Looked like fun!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #353
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I made a racerender template way back when for the ZL1's, Took a few days to get them to open that part of the forum back up when HPTuners took over the product and it just came back tonight. Also not sure how much of the data will carry over to the other models but here is the page with the template if you guys want more data in your vids this is pretty much plug and play: http://forum.racerender.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209
Old 08-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #354
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Here is some footage from friday. ill post it here too. i thought just track it did a good job. the track was green with no rubber because of the rain but it was dry. i had new tires and was running them with a lil more air so i wouldnt knock the corners off. they should be ready for the GT track days event in two weeks. lots of awesome cars and good drivers. the advanced group had great on track communication. you can tell when a group has experience. no egos and lots of on track respect. when guys are driving all hard and aggressive, they may as well put a yellow stripe on their rear bumper. good job guys.
yall post up the vids.

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #355
JOHNSONROD

last one. me solo in the advanced group. reese was pretty fast guys.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #356
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Great video's Danny
The white/black C5 was my buddy Matt Isbell, he was pretty fast his 1st time at your track, he was running 2:17 laps with passengers..

I know I've told you several times, but once again THANK YOU for ALL your help with my event, ESPECIALLY Thursday's event, you and the entire NCM crew did a GREAT job

NCM is by far 1 of the best tracks I've driving, I look forward to making the 9 1/2 hour drive back up there to run the track soon.

Michael
Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #357
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
Here is some footage from friday. ill post it here too. i thought just track it did a good job. the track was green with no rubber because of the rain but it was dry. i had new tires and was running them with a lil more air so i wouldnt knock the corners off. they should be ready for the GT track days event in two weeks. lots of awesome cars and good drivers. the advanced group had great on track communication. you can tell when a group has experience. no egos and lots of on track respect. when guys are driving all hard and aggressive, they may as well put a yellow stripe on their rear bumper. good job guys.
yall post up the vids.

DAMN DO I WANT TO DRIVE WITH YOU!

....well....behind you for a bit until I pass you...

Seriously though. I must figure out a way to get out there at an event so I can run with you guys. I wish I could have gotten out there on Friday so I could have had some serious fun. I need to learn the track some more to where I can basically see it all in my head. There's one spot that every time I go around, it throws me for a loop....where I think it's a straight but turns into hard right. That's the only spot I really think I need to remember. Otherwise, it's a fairly straight forward track. LOVE it and I KNOW I'd have a freaking blast out there with y'all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Great video's Danny
The white/black C5 was my buddy Matt Isbell, he was pretty fast his 1st time at your track, he was running 2:17 laps with passengers..

I know I've told you several times, but once again THANK YOU for ALL your help with my event, ESPECIALLY Thursday's event, you and the entire NCM crew did a GREAT job

NCM is by far 1 of the best tracks I've driving, I look forward to making the 9 1/2 hour drive back up there to run the track soon.

Michael
Amen to that. ^^^

Danny...THANK YOU. You were truly a blessing for us. Can't wait till the next time we can all get together. My ZL1 won't be able to keep up with a certain vette, but it'll be damn fun trying!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:16 PM   #358
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Doug was that by the 12 Flag stand??? I went on the back side the apron a few times there

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #359
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
Doug was that by the 12 Flag stand??? I went on the back side the apron a few times there
6:39 in the video. Pretty damn sure it's the 12. I need to look at the map. You come out of the hard 180 left and then think it's going to go into that long straight but then shifts to the right and throws me off. It's a straight (more of a straight) after that. I can see myself flying off the track there...lol Otherwise, I think I've pretty much got it down. Damn and I wanting to get back there asap! So jealous of you guys who live there!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:16 AM   #360
JOHNSONROD

i just assumed that the white car was that reese dude that they were talking to that morning. the white car was fast.
the GT track days event is two weeks from this friday. the NCM event is sept 3rd and 4th. the BMW event is in about 7 weeks but i havent decided if im going to that one. the last HPDE of the year that i know of is the Chin event october 10th. it is a good one. we could just get with JTI and see when they want to come up in the spring. Nabil was cool and he came by and talked forever after the event. they want to come up and do an event. he also envited us down to the season ender of yalls michael. good stuff guys.
we pulled it off and the event went pretty good. a lot of credit goes to the C5 people too though. it could have went way different but the people stayed positive and went with it. it turned out pretty dang good considering the weather. good job C5!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #361
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
This was my last time out that day, fastest lap of the day was lap 5 of this run as well and you can see I had to slow down cause the car in front wouldn't signal for me to pass.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #362
2011Black2SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
6:39 in the video. Pretty damn sure it's the 12. I need to look at the map. You come out of the hard 180 left and then think it's going to go into that long straight but then shifts to the right and throws me off. It's a straight (more of a straight) after that. I can see myself flying off the track there...lol Otherwise, I think I've pretty much got it down. Damn and I wanting to get back there asap! So jealous of you guys who live there!!!

Yeah, it is turn 12. That's the only turn that you need to turn in early on. On street tires 60 to 65 mph is about what I was doing around it. You will push out there too.
2011Black2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #363
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Black2SS View Post
Yeah, it is turn 12. That's the only turn that you need to turn in early on. On street tires 60 to 65 mph is about what I was doing around it. You will push out there too.
Turn 12 did my buddy in, he was driving a C6. He went straight into the tire wall, it did him in for the day, completely destroyed the entire front of his car.
For me it wasn't till the lunch hour parade laps that I seen how to enter that corner, far left before entry, late turn into the right side apex.

Michael
Old 08-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #364
JOHNSONROD

mmarx, your fuel gauge was freakin me out. i was stressing so bad i had to stop watching. as strong as that car sounds, i was worried about it running lean. you were killin em though.