Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
I'm getting bummed out...

I'm currently saving for a down payment for a 2SS; up to about $4500 now, want close to 10k by March. I'm dead set on the Camaro, the car is gorgeous, its MY dream car. But ive been reading so much crap on the web, down talking the Camaro, its bumming me out. Especially this website, every other thread in the General discussion section is about something wrong with this car. The Challenger forums are talking shit about the SS, same with the mustang guys. I get shit from douchebags at work, asking if Im going to grow a mullet when I get my Camaro.

I just need to stay on the Happy Camaro thoughts trail before I do something stupid with my money(like buy the OTHER car). So for now on, I'm going to skip all the negative threads and just read the happy owner stuff. This anxiety is killing me....

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:48 AM   #2
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
I love my car, I have nothing bad to say about it!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
KybheSS

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS
I have had my car for about 8 months now. 2SS m6, love it! It drives amazing. Have put about 6k on it and haven't had an issue so far. Not that this is what I am going for, but I get more looks than the mustang and challenger guys. You will have problems with a car, it's a car (I'm sure you have had issues with your current one). That's what a warranty is for. The car is beautiful, rides amazing, is fast, gets a lot of attention, and is hated on by every other car forum on the web, what is there not to love?!
KybheSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota

Yep yep,
Don't take what people do or say, to heart, your almost half way their (!), the car is your dream, just like me !, I look at threads just like yours to help others, to not feel this way.,
I told a guy the other day, if you want your dream car (?), get it (!), don't let people bum you out (!), it's your dream not theirs (!), I would laugh at some of my co workers, if their that jealous, maybe not to their faces, but in my heart, once I have my baby it won't matter (!), you'll be so happy with your new Camaro !
People can be cruel, when I first got my 68' "my baby !", she had a bad carb fire, toasted every thing in the motor compartment, the wiring melted, the roof burnt, the windshield even cracked, People never thought I'd get her to run again, it took 4yrs to get her to run, no help, no idea what I was doing (it was my second car I ever owned), but I never gave up on her, looking back now (20+ yrs) I love my car, I learned a lot a bought cars, no one knew what I had to go through, but many people were proven wrong a bought me and my car, I get what your going through, stay tough, its worth it (!), at the end, you'll love your car, you'll prove people wrong, once they see your Camaro!, & your Camaro will make you happy !, if you give up those people win, IMO its your choice what make's you happy, so keep your head up !, oh and I agree, their is always a lot of trash talking and bad stuff people say, but I keep seeing people like us, that won't give up & are happy here !, " I am glad you brought this up, THX !", I'm really glad your not giving up, I'll see ya around and I cant wait to see your new Camaro, when you get it !
THX MUCH
The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
I feel when people talk like that thye are just jealous. LOL....

I go to school with a guy that owns a Challenger R/T and we have had many discusions about the cars. There are pros and cons on both sides....but something to remember is it's what YOU like not them.....I personally like the challenger I just think it is to heavy and not enough HP to compensate......He admits he likes the Camaro but he doesn't like the look of the front end.....his opinion......I didn't take any offense to it....

Like you the Camaro is my Dream Car.........It it is truely your dream also save, buy and enjoy the permagrin that comes with it..........
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
First of all read the thread about a Mustang thread on this site. Those people (Mustang owners) eat their young. Challenger owners are true Mopar guys for the most part and they usually have a huge chip on their shoulder.

With that being said; Buy what you want and let the rest of the world kiss your tail.

I love my Camaro and would buy it again. My brother owns the new 5.0 and my cousin has a new Challenger SRT-8. I like their cars but I like mine better.

As stated earlier, the Challenger is a beautiful shape but is too bulky, expensive and too heavy. The Mustang is too small for my taste and I don't care for the new rear end. I love the way my Camaro sits low and wide to the ground. I like my interior better than the other two cars.

You earned the money and nobody helped you make that money so don't let anyone tell you what to buy. Buy what you want.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
I wouldn't let what other people say influence your decision. It's your money and if the Camaro is the car you want then go for it!!

I've had my Camaro since 8/09 and I have 23k miles on it so that should tell you how much I enjoy this car. EVERY car has it's pros and cons and this car is no different but it has more upside than down. I don't regret my purchase for a minute. Do what you think will make you happy and to hell with what other people say.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
camaros suck

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Camaro's are for people who set their own rules, who set their own pace. For people who don't care about the status quo nor do they care what other's who don't matter think about them. If it bothers you what other's say or think I suggest you buy a BMW!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
The only reason you should be bummed out is because you don't have your Camaro yet. I hope that's not your friends talking that crap to you, if it is find new friends. Your new Camaro won't disappoint you. Good luck.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
no complaints here.i would do it all over again.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I wouldn't let what other people say influence your decision. It's your money and if the Camaro is the car you want then go for it!!

I've had my Camaro since 8/09 and I have 23k miles on it so that should tell you how much I enjoy this car. EVERY car has it's pros and cons and this car is no different but it has more upside than down. I don't regret my purchase for a minute. Do what you think will make you happy and to hell with what other people say.
I WIN!!
September of '09 and she's got over 25k miles

But anywho....I LOVE my Camaro - I have never had an issues aside from ehr being a target for asshats that can't stop at red lights
But even knowing what a jinx she is in that respect I wouldn't trade her for the world.
There are going to be flaws with any car no matter what you buy - you just have to accept that people are imperfect and build imperfect technology. The minor inconveniences that might happen are nothing compared to the joy of owning this car. Do not let one or two people's issues sway you against your dream.
Trust me -- this is the ONLY car I have ever dreamed of (and I had not clue WTF it was when I saw it - I just knew I had to have one) and I have never been happier....sure, I could have used that $$ for a house or something "practical" - but FCK practical. Its a CAMARO - it's the best car ever.
Those assclowns that give you shit about getting a mullet to go with your Camaro will shit themselves when you roll up in yours next year -- and then they will be BEGGING you for a ride. You can tell them after they pick their jaws off the floor to kiss you and your mullet's ass!!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
You guys are right. I'm mainly bummed about NOT owning it yet more than anything. I'll just ignore the bs & haters, to include Ssooch. I'll just crash into him in GT5, while driving a BMW... lol

I really can't wait to get a Camaro. I had to get all responsible and buy a house first...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #14
Champion51

Drives: '14 ZL1, '10 SS/RS , '06 GMC
Get your dream car, let the jealous people be jealous. Do what you want. This is one hell of a car and you will enjoy it.
Champion51 is offline   Reply With Quote