Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #211
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
So - yeah - umm... I heard this exhaust at the booth this weekend, and I'm SO sold!!! I have a video that I took that I'm going to try to post. I think the quality might be a little better than the one posted already, but I can say that it sounds great in person. For a person, like me, that's not going with LTs, this CB, sound-wise, is exactly what I'm looking for

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #212
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
So - yeah - umm... I heard this exhaust at the booth this weekend, and I'm SO sold!!! I have a video that I took that I'm going to try to post. I think the quality might be a little better than the one posted already, but I can say that it sounds great in person. For a person, like me, that's not going with LTs, this CB, sound-wise, is exactly what I'm looking for
Please post it. I want that video link .

I'm glad that you liked it. my car was the one in the Booth. I felt exactly the same way you did when the shop installed it. I will reconfirm that everything in my car except for the ATAK is stock.

Quote:
I need to hear it in person for atak. .. I'm undecided now.
blake2010ss, I will be in Snellville on Saturday to recheck the brackets as suggested by the installer.

If you want, we can meet up before, during or after so you can hear it in person and help you with your decision.
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust

Last edited by roccky08; 04-19-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Corrected my statement. I mean the ATAK cat back and not cat
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #213
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
Please post it. I want that video link .

I'm glad that you liked it. my car was the one in the Booth. I felt exactly the same way you did when the shop installed it. I will reconfirm that everything in my car except for the cats is stock.

blake2010ss, I will be in Snellville on Saturday to recheck the brackets as suggested by the installer.

If you want, we can meet up before, during or after so you can hear it in person and help you with your decision.
You got it dude!

OH! The cats' aren't stock then? I didn't bother to look because I was told otherwise... What did you end up doing then? When did you make the change, before or after the ATAK; also, what was the difference in sound, just in general?

I would like to confess that your car looked really good (along with the other white cars). I generally don't like white cars because I think the color is too bland and lifeless, HOWEVER, after seeing all these cars this weekend, I commented many times that I now think CAMARO makes white look GREAT! JMVHO

But please get back to me about the cats' and changes and such. That might change my mind to a degree, because I want to hear a car with OEM cats' and manifolds. Thanks a bunch

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #214
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
David,

Thanks for the great products! I have the S-type and I enjoy it a lot. This last weekend I had the car on a Dyno Jet and I can tell you that everyone at the shop stopped what they were doing to check out my car. Soon after I had a flood of questions on what exhaust system I had and where they could pick one up themselves.

With your exhaust and the Cold Air Inductions intake, I saw some nice numbers from the 3 pulls I had done.

Here is the video from that very run.

The shop that performed the Dyno was doing a very special thing for the Camaro owners of Arizona and we all thank them for their hard work.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #215
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
You got it dude!

OH! The cats' aren't stock then? I didn't bother to look because I was told otherwise... What did you end up doing then? When did you make the change, before or after the ATAK; also, what was the difference in sound, just in general?

I would like to confess that your car looked really good (along with the other white cars). I generally don't like white cars because I think the color is too bland and lifeless, HOWEVER, after seeing all these cars this weekend, I commented many times that I now think CAMARO makes white look GREAT! JMVHO

But please get back to me about the cats' and changes and such. That might change my mind to a degree, because I want to hear a car with OEM cats' and manifolds. Thanks a bunch
So sorry, I meant cat back . Man I need some sleep. In other words, you will hear your car exactly like mine if you get the ATAK exhaust. Thank you for the compliment
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust

Last edited by roccky08; 04-19-2010 at 03:59 PM.
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #216
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspaul View Post
hay dangeruss do you still have your cats on your system?
No. I have Kooks long tube headers with their high flow cats.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #217
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
So sorry, I meant cat back . Man I need some sleep. In other words, you will hear your car exactly like mine if you get the ATAK exhaust. Thank you for the compliment
Allow me to reiterate:

GGRRRR!!!!!!

You know what - I screwed-up too... I don't have the video yet. I recorded it on someone else's camera and am waiting for a chance to receive it. As soon as I do, I'll post it. Sorry - my bad...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #218
jabbar

Drives: 300C
Man that vid is terrible :( sounds like a totally diff exhaust

Someone make it happen I'm dying to hear this baby on a user-end!!!!
jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #219
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar View Post
Man that vid is terrible :( sounds like a totally diff exhaust

Someone make it happen I'm dying to hear this baby on a user-end!!!!
I assume you're talking about the Borla/Corsa comparison, and you're right. I just got home from Camarofest and hadn't really had a chance to listen to it on my computer. The sound is really bad on it. We took it really quickly in a parking lot on the way, and just sent it straight to Youtube. I think we overloaded the mic and it was clipping. My halos also looked like they were flashing...LOL.

I'll try and get something better in the next few days. I did find one really short clip that I'll post that up in a minute.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #220
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Here's a quick video my wife took of the only time I got to run. I love the ATAK system.

I know Chris was cranking up my car all day at the Fest, so if anyone has a video please post it up.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #221
jabbar

Drives: 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I assume you're talking about the Borla/Corsa comparison, and you're right. I just got home from Camarofest and hadn't really had a chance to listen to it on my computer. The sound is really bad on it. We took it really quickly in a parking lot on the way, and just sent it straight to Youtube. I think we overloaded the mic and it was clipping. My halos also looked like they were flashing...LOL.

I'll try and get something better in the next few days. I did find one really short clip that I'll post that up in a minute.
Yeah the taillights threw me off too LOL I'll try to wait patiently on the vid

BTW which do you like better now? S-type or Atak?

EDIT: HOLY SH!T wow
jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #222
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar View Post
Yeah the taillights threw me off too LOL I'll try to wait patiently on the vid

BTW which do you like better now? S-type or Atak?

EDIT: HOLY SH!T wow
The S-type is a little deeper, but the ATAK is more aggressive. It's really a tough choice, but right now I'm thinking I'll stick with the ATAK. It just sounds so mean.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #223
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Dangeruss:
I have an L99 also and I've ordered the same Kooks headers you have, but I ordered the Borla touring cat-back exhaust. I don't want my car to be too loud, but I want a nice growl. I'll have a tune (including AFM delete) when the exhaust is installed. I also have a CAI intake.

Do you have any problems with drone at highway speeds with your set up? I want some growl, but no drone.

Cool video, btw!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #224
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Dangeruss:
I have an L99 also and I've ordered the same Kooks headers you have, but I ordered the Borla touring cat-back exhaust. I don't want my car to be too loud, but I want a nice growl. I'll have a tune (including AFM delete) when the exhaust is installed. I also have a CAI intake.

Do you have any problems with drone at highway speeds with your set up? I want some growl, but no drone.

Cool video, btw!
If you're looking for no drone at all, the touring is going to be your best bet. Any aggressive exhaust with a deeper rumble is going to have some drone. If you create your exhaust with a higher pitch then it's much easier to keep it quiet in the cabin.