Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 AM   #519
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I'm away for a few days and I miss all this excitement...lol.. I'm definately getting a V8 however I would rather have the concepts front bumper instead of the new one... But it doesn't matter because the car still looks great regardless. I'm just having a hard time picking out what color's and trim I want to have my new Camaro in. My first choice is BUmblebee yellow, however it would seem it won't be offered. My second choice is silver and my third is black. As for all of you that are upset about all the changes being made, I understand completly and it is your right along with mine to state exactly how we feel. I didn't get to read the deleted comments but I bet they were pretty bad to warrant a deletion. There is a proper way to say your opinions and a wrong way. SO keep it civil and thanks again fbod and camero for coming on here and doing your best to let us know that we should be patient and not jump to conclusions until we see it in person.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #520
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
It's amazing how bent out of shape people are getting over little things (Its called passion). License plate holders for one. I can't think of any modern car where the holder was built into the fascia (Holded right?). They are all made to accomodate one because they have to but as was said before unless your state requires it it's not put on. Actually if you are ordering your car just ask your dealer to not install it. You just run the risk of getting a repair ticket.

Let me ask those who are all fired up about the car not being exactly like the concept. What car that was actually a concept has come to production the same? The concept is whatever the designer's and engineer's want it to be. It does not consider cost, safety or even normal sized people. It's a Con-Cept. Meaning this is what we are thinking it will look like more or less.

What we have seen so far has been very close to the concept, anyone who was expecting it not to have a B pillar, have the gas cap or headlights remain the same was dreaming. Also the interior won't look like the concept. It may have a similar layout but don't expect the crazy lighting and console that the concept had or the same materials. I'm just hoping the interior doesn't suck as that is my last main concern. (agreed I am surprised they did not employ a more modern contemporary approach to the layout. The gauge pods are bulbous breaking up the flow of the IP not to mention do you really want to look down to view the gauges on the console, I like them in the guage cluster right in front of you) Hopefully that will be revealed soon. If it can at least match a Honda or Mazda for interior quality it will be good enough for me. (they should have let the Holden engineers design it)

once upon an F car
Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 AM   #521
DeSoulja2185
The One, The Only

Drives: 2006 Jaguar X-Type
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
...and about the halos -- what would happen if you could CHOOSE to get halos -- or not?????
I don't care HOW MUCH THEY COST or HOW MUCH EXTRA, HALOS will be on my car if it's a option of some sort. I don't mean to jump in the considerable argument late either, but I must admit, of course there are noticeable changes that have been made, but to me it's nothing that takes away from the overall shape and affect that I got when I first came across the car in 2005. No matter what changes they make, to ME, I'm still going to purchase the car, and most of you who seem to have problems with the changes will be purchasing it also. If you're still coming to this site after seeing the possible changes, then nine times out of ten, surely, we'll be viewing pictures of your car on this website. Doesn't matter too me, if I've been watching this car this long, waiting and waiting and waiting, and it STILL has the overall generic STYLING cues of the concept Camaro, then GM, I'm happy. I'm giving up purchasing a BMW 335i, to purchase this car. Again, this will be my first American car and I honestly don't think that BY FAR, GM has let me down... well Maybe if they don't offer Halos LOL j/k but even in the event they don't I'LL STILL be purchasing the car. I don't plan on the Camaro being a Daily driver so, V8 HERE I COME!!!

"Also, for the record, people are giving Dodge so many "kudos" on how Dodge sticks to the concept and all of that...., anyone remembers the INITIAL Dodge Charger, the "CONCEPT" and what's NOW the production model, does anyone see the difference...???? I KNOW I DO!!!!!!!!"

My Point Exactly!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #522
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
Plain and simple, making a change that makes one person happy is going to upset someone else. So no matter what, whatever they come up with someone is going to have a problem with one thing or another. It is impossible to make everyone happy, they are doing their best to make us happy just by releasing the Camaro.
There was a way to make everyone happy I guess: make the prod model be the same (I mean exactly the same) as the concept.

Ok, ok ,I know, too expensive blah blah ...

However, this is part of things that annoy me a little (not only camaro, but all models of all brands): you come up with a concept, people say "woooooaaa". Then the production model is nice but not that "woooooosaa" anymore.

What about sticking to reality as soon as at the concept level? No changes = no disappointments (coz you just don't know what it would have been with changes).
Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #523
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
Quote:
...and about the halos -- what would happen if you could CHOOSE to get halos -- or not?????
Works for me!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #524
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Fbodfather descrete hint #24,891

So, the halos will be part of some kind of lighting/appearance package.......

Could that mean with halos you will get HIDs?

Or, more appropriately, with HIDs you will get halos!

This is what's most fun about this website - deciphering Fbod's hints (which I must say is alot easier than his cryptic messages in the hunt for Shunt)

What will you be able to drop hints about once we all know everything there is to know about this car?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #525
Punk_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Works for me!
+1

but we should watch out chevy not selling a crappy but cheap base model needing more and more expensive options to be cool.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #526
Punk_rider

I'll also add something you've never heard before . "I don't like the new bumper and 'd rather have the gas cap on top"
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #527
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I can answer some of these question:

1. Why did they change the gas cap location? Cause it was built on the LX paltform, the 09 chally's are built on the new LY platform

2. Why do the mirrors stick out further and look bigger? Cause it looks more like the 70 challenger look it up

3. Why did they move the reverse lights? don't know personally I don't like the reverse lights

4. Why did they add a B-Pillar? don't know, maybe to have better crash ratings

5. Why did they change the taillights? damn I hate those tailllights, the production lights is much more sexyer

6. Why did they change the front grille? who cares, did not like them anyway, all they did was removed the cross

7. Why did they change the front bumper? the production bumper is more aerodynamic than the concept, proved that in the wind tunnle

8. Why do the two hood scoops not look cut open? really did not notice the diffirence

9. Why do I have to drill holes in my bumper for a front plate?

10. Why did they change the look of the headlights (the two inner ones)? was cheaper for chrysler to replace the lights, hope they come in after market

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #528
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
I just don't understand the logic of GM adding those dumb lips on the rear bumper. I mean, I know they say that they are going the extra step to meet 5mph crash standards....but come on, chances are if you ARE rear-ended, the person that hit you is going OVER f***ing 5mph. I'm not mad or anything, I just hate the way it makes the rear look now, it looks kinda weird. I'm still getting the Camaro and changing the rear bumper aftermarket to look like the concept, but like I said I just don't understand the logic of changing the rear bumper to get a five-star rating when in reality, it doesn't matter having it.

A Challenger is just that, a "Challenger." It takes a Camaro to be a "Champion."
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #529
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOv3r View Post
I just don't understand the logic of GM adding those dumb lips on the rear bumper. I mean, I know they say that they are going the extra step to meet 5mph crash standards....but come on, chances are if you ARE rear-ended, the person that hit you is going OVER f***ing 5mph. I'm not mad or anything, I just hate the way it makes the rear look now, it looks kinda weird. I'm still getting the Camaro and changing the rear bumper aftermarket to look like the concept, but like I said I just don't understand the logic of changing the rear bumper to get a five-star rating when in reality, it doesn't matter having it.
It does, GM has got an image to keep

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 07-16-2008, 10:37 AM   #530
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
How many on here have bought a new car??? I have bought quite a few and the front license plate bracket is always in the trunk. NOW, Not sure if anyone ask or commented but to the left of the main headlight in the clear shield, is there a small high beam hiding?????
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #531
Punk_rider

I'd definitely prefer to put my license plate somewhere else. I would rather put it sideways close to the lower lights, alfa romeo style
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #532
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERROR View Post
GunnerKS1: I don't recall anyone around here stating that they had to look really hard to find the changes from the Camaro concept. They're pretty obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1
Then they get someone over there to post pictures of the Concept Camaro and current Pre-pro and say "I have to look really hard to see the difference from the concept to the pre-production", why can't Dodge keep the production true to the concept?
I was trying to be vague to keep from flaming people on this board and didn't get my entire thoughts typed out , I will have to edit it to make sense. What I meant by over there is on the Challenger forums and I think you missed the point along with a couple other people.

The reason we don't have to look hard at the Camaro is because most of us have been looking at it on our desktop for 2 years. Then we see the Challenger and say that looks nearly exactly the same as the concept because we haven't been looking at it for so long and it is harder to notice the changes.

I just typed in 10 quick things I noticed different on the Challenger and that where 10 similar things that where changed on the Camaro. Just like Dodge had a good reason for changing them I am sure GM had a good reason to change the Camaro. Camero and Fbodfather have even given some insight on some of those reasons.

Last edited by Gunner KS1; 07-16-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote error

Closed Thread