Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
LS3pwrdBuffalo

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 6spd
Nannies off but not totally off??? Anyone else?

Let me explain now that i have your attention. lol When at the drag strip been having an issue of stabilitrack engaging the right rear brake momentarily when no lift shifting to 2nd as though its sensing the rear kicking out. Doesn't do it in any other gear. I've tried traction control off, ptm5, all nannies off, ect it doesn't matter. Been to the strip 3 times this year and its quite aggravating knowing this is killing my e.t. and nothing i can do about it.....or can I? Decided to pull the abs fuse since thats what the computer uses to sense it anyways. Guess what...hit 2nd and spun my way to horrible e.t. lol Not only did i spin through the bottom of 2nd a lil but 1st gear was horrible. I launched it the same way i have like the other 30 times this year (in which i always got the same result) yet the car spun much worse as though it had a small shot on it.

So now the question arrises on the 6 speed zl1s'. Just something goofy with my car alone? Or....With all nannies off are our cars still being controlled somewhat? Heck if i know but if i ever get the sand out of my vag and decide to let go of my warranty i know a number of things i'm having Bluecat (top notch tuner from Asland Ky) disable in my Z >:-) Till then i guess i'll pull the abs fuse at the strip as much as i hate it
Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
LS3pwrdBuffalo

Oh and just to add to the aggravation i've been pulling consistent 8.0's @ 93mph on 2.0 60fts with the 2nd gear issue. I usually run 1/8th mile (cause its local and way more convienent) and its always a big deal to run in the 7's or lower and i know this is killing a good couple of tenths. lol Just wanna bang my head off a wall. lol Went to the 1/4 once this year (about a 3.5 hr drive for me) and ended up running a 12.3 @ nearly 118 yet again with a 8.0 1/8th on 2.0ft with the slight 2nd gear jam. Really wanting to rep the stock 6spd zl1's well so this is pissing me off highly. Guess i better just practice with the fuse pulled and see what i can do :-)
Old 06-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
12.3 at 118 is a good time for stock in the manual
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
pull the abs fuse, thats the only way you can accomplish completely defeating any nannies as far as I know

it seems like every gm vehicle will have a little bit of tc/st even when you do the button hold until it says stabilitrak disabled
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Hmmm. I know mines a Vert but when I double tap the PTM you are totally and completely on your own!! I figured PTM 5 in a coupe would do the same?
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Funny I just watched the video and read the owners manual about this, and THEY claim all the nannies are off at PTM5, and you are "on your own". I'm guessing that this is not really the case given the information above.

Next time at the track, if you can, can you try back and forth? One run with the ABS fuse and one without (or multiple of each)? Be interesting data point.
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #7
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
Hmmm. I know mines a Vert but when I double tap the PTM you are totally and completely on your own!! I figured PTM 5 in a coupe would do the same?
The vert doesn't have PTM.

Sent from a large Hammer.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
um, i know obvious. But turning off the nannies.....you held the button for 5 seconds or more right?
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
no PTM mode is completely off.

you need to hold down the button for 5-7 seconds and then it should turn both systems off.

I have had it let me get way out of shape by doing this. so far I had to lift not to wreck.

verts have a different system but I think you still turn them all off the same. the verts are more like my Z06 with competive driving mode I think.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
no PTM mode is completely off.

you need to hold down the button for 5-7 seconds and then it should turn both systems off.

I have had it let me get way out of shape by doing this. so far I had to lift not to wreck.

verts have a different system but I think you still turn them all off the same. the verts are more like my Z06 with competive driving mode I think.
yea.....i posted same about the 5 seconds. I kinda thought it sounded like stabilitrak was still on. Hence the different 60 times and car action after fuse pull.
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
The vert doesn't have PTM.

Sent from a large Hammer.
Your right no modes except nannies or no nannies. Or learning to drive mode or I know how to drive mode. The later will getcha if you ain't careful!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
Your right no modes except nannies or no nannies. Or learning to drive mode or I know how to drive mode. The later will getcha if you ain't careful!
The Verts with the M6 do have launch mode with no-lift shift.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #13
LS3pwrdBuffalo

Sorry guys, busy busy. UPS killing me with overtime :-/

Yes i def had all nannies off, its pretty obvious after holding for 7 seconds and both tc and st lights come on. Stabilitrack is supposed to be off in ptm4-5 as well. Now this contradicts my 2nd gear issue but to test the stabilitrack (while off) i decided to do some powerslides and play around a bit. Not one issue, act like a jackass and put on a smoke show, no interference with nannies off.......YET......run it in a straight line and powershift the **** out of 2nd and BOOM stabilitrack says f*** you. Explain that one :-/ All i know is the car was a whole different animal and no interference with the abs fuse pulled so that'll be my regular routine at the strip from now on. Now i just gotta practice launching with all that unleashed power lol And i had my 60fts down to consistent 2.0's too with abs fuse in...BOO! lol
Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #14
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Interesting observation. I know for certain that the computers do intervene when the car is in PTM 5. If you get going over 20 or 30 mph and try to do some high speed donuts it will cut the power as soon as the car starts going backward with the wheels spinning.

If you hold the button for 7 seconds, right at the count of 7 the stability and traction control lights come on and it is supposed to be off, my line lock is supposed to kill the traction control but if I try to burnout in second gear in front of the water box it will kill the engine more often than not. I quit doing second gear burnouts because it was embarrassing to stall the motor and I just knew it was traction control of some kind....

Which fuse are you pulling, number 40? Second vertical one from the bottom? Or the bigger Jfuse number 43?

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.

Last edited by jessrayo; 06-11-2014 at 11:13 PM.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote