Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #3333
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Cammie, may I suggest you move your light source forward on your rail...way to far back and will get too much shadow.

Please watch this...https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ooa98FHuaU0
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #3334
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
bro go check out ar15.com in the equipment exchange they are inflated prices but no where near gun broker etc.
I am holding off for the show and gonna see what it's like otherwise I will search around the net again.

What do you guys think of SI Defense???
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #3335
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Gun show prices are pretty ridiculous lately too. Pisses me off paying a cover to go see over priced stuff.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #3336
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
Thanks AZ Charlie, I have been meaning to do that.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #3337
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I am holding off for the show and gonna see what it's like otherwise I will search around the net again.

What do you guys think of SI Defense???
I was just at my local show today. Took me an hour to get in. So over priced that it made gun broker look on the low end.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #3338
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I wonder if they would come after my pistol grip shifter?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #3339
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
225$ for a double star lower... Should I pull the trigger?
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #3340
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I wonder if they would come after my pistol grip shifter?
Is it long, sharp and pointy? This should be hilarious.... I mean, it IS.... but.. Idon'tknowwhattosay

Quote:
Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

Doctors say knives are too pointed
A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.
A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

The researchers said a short pointed knife may cause a substantial superficial wound if used in an assault - but is unlikely to penetrate to inner organs.

Kitchen knives can inflict appalling wounds
In contrast, a pointed long blade pierces the body like "cutting into a ripe melon".

The use of knives is particularly worrying amongst adolescents, say the researchers, reporting that 24% of 16-year-olds have been shown to carry weapons, primarily knives.

The study found links between easy access to domestic knives and violent assault are long established.

French laws in the 17th century decreed that the tips of table and street knives be ground smooth.

A century later, forks and blunt-ended table knives were introduced in the UK in an effort to reduce injuries during arguments in public eating houses.

The researchers say legislation to ban the sale of long pointed knives would be a key step in the fight against violent crime.

"The Home Office is looking for ways to reduce knife crime.

"We suggest that banning the sale of long pointed knives is a sensible and practical measure that would have this effect."

Government response

Home Office spokesperson said there were already extensive restrictions in place to control the sale and possession of knives.

"The law already prohibits the possession of offensive weapons in a public place, and the possession of knives in public without good reason or lawful authority, with the exception of a folding pocket knife with a blade not exceeding three inches.

"Offensive weapons are defined as any weapon designed or adapted to cause injury, or intended by the person possessing them to do so.

"An individual has to demonstrate that he had good reason to possess a knife, for example for fishing, other sporting purposes or as part of his profession (e.g. a chef) in a public place.

"The manufacture, sale and importation of 17 bladed, pointed and other offensive weapons have been banned, in addition to flick knives and gravity knives."

A spokesperson for the Association of Chief Police Officers said: "ACPO supports any move to reduce the number of knife related incidents, however, it is important to consider the practicalities of enforcing such changes."
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3341
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Things that make me sick.....

I'm sorry, this is just simply not true. Congressmen/women don't get their entire full salary for life no matter what. I don't like them either right now, but misinformation is why WE are all complaining too...
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #3342
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
225$ for a double star lower... Should I pull the trigger?
Here's the way i think about this dilemma.

How much consternation is not having this lower causing you. Is the extra $125 to $150 really gonna set you back that much that you cant provide for yourself or your family.

If the extra cash is not gonna hurt, how much better will you rest having this lower.....ergo the extra flexibility that has been taken away from a law abiding person.

If its not a problem....get the damn thing.

since the election 4 years ago i swore i would never lay awake at night. My time is way too valuable, to include the time my brain thinks about things, to get in the way.

Because of this, during this current panic, i have just sat back and relaxed and have not coveted a single thing.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #3343
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'm sorry, this is just simply not true. Congressmen/women don't get their entire full salary for life no matter what. I don't like them either right now, but misinformation is why WE are all complaining too...
My apologies... you're right. Although, including other benefits, their pension is borderline rediculous.

Quote:
The pension amount is determined by a formula that takes into account the years served and the average pay for the top three years in terms of payment. In 2002, the average pension payment ranged from $41,000 to $55,000. For example, a member of Congress who worked for 22 years and had a top three-year average salary of $153,900 would be eligible for a pension payment of $84,645 per year]
These numbers are from 10 yrs ago, so they're probably around $100,000. yr now for the career folks like Ms. Feinstein. (just a guess based loosely on 3% annual increase)

Still.... not bad for sitting around bullshitting... WHEN they actually show up for work.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #3344
scott53

Drives: '19 Camaro 2SS, '12 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
Does anyone have the S&W Shield in a 9 and are you happy with it.
I've had a Shield 9 since the day after they were released. I have fired quite a few rounds through it and have carried it a lot. I am quite pleased with it in every way. My carry ammo is Cor-Bon 115 DPX. I have an FFL and have had 15 on order since May with no luck, yet.
scott53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #3345
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott53 View Post
I've had a Shield 9 since the day after they were released. I have fired quite a few rounds through it and have carried it a lot. I am quite pleased with it in every way. My carry ammo is Cor-Bon 115 DPX. I have an FFL and have had 15 on order since May with no luck, yet.
I have found the .40 ($459) but not the 9. A local gun store has a big Smith & Wesson weekend with reps and a gunsmith coming in the next month or so. Hopefully I will find one there. This will be my everyday carry gun.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #3346
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
If anyone is looking Frog Lube for their firearms let me know by pm or email jon.denotter@gmail.com

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun