Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
No 'thumbs up' support group ..

I see people enthusiastically post here all the time about the latter...

Heres a thread for all of us owners that never get the thumbs up, waves, head turns, compliments, offers to trade for a ferrari, etc...

Maybe we just picked the wrong color, our mods suck, or we live in a snooty town?? who knows- but this one goes out to you guys
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post

Heres a thread for all of us owners that never get the thumbs up, waves, head turns, compliments, offers to trade for a ferrari, etc...

Maybe we just picked the wrong color, our mods suck, or we live in a snooty town?? who knows- but this one goes out to you guys

I think sometimes that some people who post that stuff are full of BS because I have a beautiful 2012 SS and I never have people falling all over themselves when they see it, so I think some people are self absorbed with owning a Camaro.
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Most female Camaro drivers will not wave at me, probably think I'm hitting on them haha. I don't see many male Camaro drivers in my area...
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post

Here's to ya!

Not one wave yet. :(
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
Old 08-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
tjk_art

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
Here's to ya!

Not one wave yet. :(
I doubt I'd even get one in an Rolls Royce. Though that's what some people act like a camaro is on here ... and don't get me wrong I love my camaro but it is what it is.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
Aww, I wave to other C5ers!

I also thought the wave/headlight flash/etc was made up - until it happened to me. But to be fair, I think it is the *same* black RS each time...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
tjk_art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin&Caroline View Post
Aww, I wave to other C5ers!

I also thought the wave/headlight flash/etc was made up - until it happened to me. But to be fair, I think it is the *same* black RS each time...
I get the occasional C5 wave, but I don't get whole families jerking their neck to do a double take or dish out lavish compliments like some people make it out on here..
Old 08-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Ya...there's several nice cars around town that I 'thumbs up' to (even Mustangs), but I find that most of the old retired guys wont even so much as blink in my direction.

Now the kiddys in the ricers...that's a different story. Seems they get off on the notion that they THINK they have the opportunity to race a real car. LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
I bought my baby at the end of May 2009. I live in a small town in Southeast TN. There were no, and I do mean NO other 5th gens around at the time, and for quite a while after that. Being the only one around sure made Rosalee popular. When we'd go out to eat I could see people walking over to take their picture with her (I wonder how many I don't know about are floating around the web). Anyways, once others started showing up and she wasn't so much of a novelty anymore the attention waned. She still gets a few stares here and there and an occasional thumbs up, but it sure was nice being the hottest thing going for a little while. P.S. I always try to acknowledge other 5th gens. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes I get ignored. My kids think I'm nuts.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
The other day I was passing this synergy green one and he waved at me. I noticed to late and felt a little bad that I wasn't able to wave back.

Most people don't drive their DD Camaro's actively seeking another 5th Gen to wave at... I try to wave at any I pass though.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Old 08-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
I know what you mean, after riding im my Brother-inlaws SIM camaro on a long trip, maybe we got one good look by someone.....But, I cant go 5 min in my synergy camaro without getting people breaking their necks, giving me a thumbs up, taking pictures, or rolling down their window at a stoplight to pay me a complement. Even when I walk out of a gas station or grocery store people are taking pictures, or waiting for me to talk about my car. Makes me feel like a celebrity almost. Not to mention the amount of "people" leaving numbers on the windshield.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
If your not getting enough attention? then just do this so it makes you feel better

Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote