Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
FunkyELF

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
how to guarantee an order?

So I have had an awful experience with my dealer. My salesperson got fired, the sales manager doesn't work there any more and the GM is trying to extort $5k over MSRP. I got him to agree in writing (on the back of his business card "2SS @ MSRP") but that is all I have. I was told that I was number 3 in person and in an email back in October but the GM said if I get it as MSRP I'll be moved way back.

What is stopping him from selling that car out from under me to someone willing to pay the extortion price and just refunding my deposit?

Does an order number tie me to a car or is it only the VIN number?

Lets say I could get an order sheet with my name on it and signed by myself and the GM. If someone walks in saying they will pay $10k over MSRP for a Camaro could they wipe out my order in the system and create a new one or would they have to modify my order? They could always lie and say that I called them up and told them I wasn't interested in the Camaro any more, give me my money back and sell it to someone over MSRP couldn't they?

Please, someone tell me how to guarantee a Camaro in writing.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
dude,
call mike mccollum at Bill buck chevrolet in venice, fl... tell him that luis sent you and they will sell you a car at MSRP with NO DEALER FEES and they still have allocation....i put my order in two weeks ago and i am at 2000 status as of last week. i got a sales order with my name and price filled out. i only needed a $500 deposit...

orlando dealers are rip offs!!!!!!!

venice is only 2.5 hours from orlando
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
dude,
call mike mccollum at Bill buck chevrolet in venice, fl... tell him that luis sent you and they will sell you a car at MSRP with NO DEALER FEES and they still have allocation....i put my order in two weeks ago and i am at 2000 status as of last week. i got a sales order with my name and price filled out. i only needed a $500 deposit...

orlando dealers are rip offs!!!!!!!

venice is only 2.5 hours from orlando
Do not hesitate to do this as suggested by Ltdodge! Be sure to get a copy of the order workbench from the new dealer. Msrp in writing as well. Good luck!
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Ltdodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Do not hesitate to do this as suggested by Ltdodge! Be sure to get a copy of the order workbench from the new dealer. Msrp in writing as well. Good luck!
I got an order with all options priced out even included the taxes.....and a grand total price

here is his contact info...

Mike McCollum @ Bill Buck Chevrolet
941-493-5000
941-313-1403 cell
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Which dealership in Orlando Courtesy or Starling (in St. Cloud). The only way to guarantee a price is get it all in writing and make sure you have a copy of it. I know Starling Chevrolet in St. Cloud was going to see Camaro's at MSRP but as soon as the Internet guy saw that the cars are going for 5k+ online and most dealerships in Central Florida are charging over MSRP they jumped on the bandwagon and added a $2500 sucker sticker to the Silver 2LT they have on the lot. It's a shame dealerships do this I can tell you my dealership (Starling Chevrolet) have lost me as a customer they offered me $13k on trade in of my Silverado towards the Camaro, they will not honor GM supplier, or GM car points, plus the $2500 sticker they will meet me half way I told them no thanks 5 cars in 5 years you are NO longer loyal to me sorry but it's time for me to move on.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
So I have had an awful experience with my dealer. My salesperson got fired, the sales manager doesn't work there any more and the GM is trying to extort $5k over MSRP. I got him to agree in writing (on the back of his business card "2SS @ MSRP") but that is all I have. I was told that I was number 3 in person and in an email back in October but the GM said if I get it as MSRP I'll be moved way back.

What is stopping him from selling that car out from under me to someone willing to pay the extortion price and just refunding my deposit?

Does an order number tie me to a car or is it only the VIN number?

Lets say I could get an order sheet with my name on it and signed by myself and the GM. If someone walks in saying they will pay $10k over MSRP for a Camaro could they wipe out my order in the system and create a new one or would they have to modify my order? They could always lie and say that I called them up and told them I wasn't interested in the Camaro any more, give me my money back and sell it to someone over MSRP couldn't they?

Please, someone tell me how to guarantee a Camaro in writing.
This dealership is lying. GM DOES NOT AND CAN NOT DEMAND MORE THAN MSRP. The DEALER is the one demanding the extra money.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
FunkyELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
What would the difference be between getting a copy of the order workbench / msrp in writing from a new dealer or getting it from my current one?

I'd rather not have to deal with a dealership 3 hours away if I can avoid it.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
^ GM= General Manager
Old 05-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Ltdodge

Quote:
What would the difference be between getting a copy of the order workbench / msrp in writing from a new dealer or getting it from my current one?

I'd rather not have to deal with a dealership 3 hours away if I can avoid it.
have you checked the dealer fees? All dealers around here want from $599 to $799 in dealer fees.... I dont know about you, but 2.5 hours is worth at least $600 in my book......and they still have allocations available

anyways you can service your car at ANY dealer
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
^ GM= General Manager
oops sorry
Old 05-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
trustno1

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
I believe he was saying the GM (general manager) at the dealership . Unfortunately these mark-ups are happening all over. I just found out my dealer has a 2ss/rs on the floor and asking 10K over. Although I have been reassured many times that my order is for MSRP, I won't rest until I take it home for that, because I will not pay over MSRP. I don't think anyone can guarantee a price, may be wrong though. I mean, if your order came in and someone walked in willing to pay 5k or 10k over MSRP what would happen? They may hit you with a market adjustment or just sell your car from under you. I would hope your dealer would say no, this car is ALREADY sold. Just have to find a dealer you can trust. Good luck, there are some out there.
trustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
FunkyELF

Quote:
have you checked the dealer fees? All dealers around here want from $599 to $799 in dealer fees.... I dont know about you, but 2.5 hours is worth at least $600 in my book......and they still have allocations available

anyways you can service your car at ANY dealer
Its starting to sound like an option but this also seems too good to be true. Maybe the reason this dealer is doing that is because they are struggling to stay alive. Courtesy here in Orlando is owned by Autonation. What if this dealership in Venice goes under before I get my car?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
Ltdodge

Quote:
Its starting to sound like an option but this also seems too good to be true. Maybe the reason this dealer is doing that is because they are struggling to stay alive. Courtesy here in Orlando is owned by Autonation. What if this dealership in Venice goes under before I get my car?
well if thats the case no dealer is safe.....Bill Heard chevrolet was one of the largest and it went under...

here take this to your dealer and try to get the same deal.......
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #14
FunkyELF

Quote:
well if thats the case no dealer is safe.....Bill Heard chevrolet was one of the largest and it went under...

here take this to your dealer and try to get the same deal.......
Thanks for that.

I guess everyone has that desination charge, but you're right... no dealer fees.

I think the dealer fee's at Courtesy were only $300.

I left Mike a voicemail, he didn't pick up his work or cell.

If I can't get something similar from Courtesy today or tomorrow, and if I can get a hold of Mike, I will go to Venice.

About Bill Heard, man is that scary. You can never tell what will happen, that is why I feel safe with Courtesy as they're owned by Autonation, but at the same time I feel like they will end up screwing me somehow eventually.