Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Like Aqua Blue Metalic, Gray Interior, Rally Sport, No Stripes or Sunroof and a Manual Transmission? Last time I checked there was one other one just like mine.
There's a few more. Mine is a duplicate of yours. I'm tracking production numbers on this combo right down to the wheels and rear park assist or not. Spastic squirrel doesn't drill this far. When production ends next week, I should be able to get you the exact number of "twins" you have out there. PM me with the last 8 of your VIN and I'll be sure to let you know in early January.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #16
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
the profit margin on the camaro for the dealers is tight....so the more options they get buyers to order the more they make...(not much more but a little more) so the dealers ordered 2ss models for bigger margins...per sale..

that explains why the 2ss was ordered so often.

People who were ordering the car often times were "sold" the better optioned cars...

I would have ordered a 1ss car because I like the performance value it offered..

the 2ss is still the nicer optioned car. I just wouldn't want to have paid for the extras..

I don't believe the 1ss would ever be worth more.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #17
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post
Well not to be a downer but several of you are confusing the word rare with the phrase "less popular."

When something is rare it is because it is not available for purchase or order any longer. And my friends the 1SS is definitley available for purchase AND order. "Rare" is a discountinued model with very little produced in the first place for instance..if the 1SS was only made in 1000 cars, then it would be rare indeed. Additionally a color can be rare due to it not being available for order any longer like the ABM.

Now, with that said the 1SS is not rare. It is "less desired" for purchase compared to its LT of 2SS siblings. The 1SS will continue to be built and is available for order anytime. The numbers only show that it is less ordered because most people who want an SS have the cash to get the 2SS or wanted the additional features i.e. leather seats and connectivity

I am not trying to make waves but I do not like seeing a word like rare thrown around incorrectly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Well i GUESS jimmie is some sort of english major or something....OR thinks he is, but......

Websters defines RARE as:

1. Not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness.

2. Recurring only at long intervals.

3. Not widely distributed.

4. Marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind.

HMMMM doesn't say ANYTHING about being not available for purchase or order any longer.
just his OPINION.
In reality, you are both right. The 1SS, 1LT and 1LS have lower production numbers, so they are rare in their own right. Even more so when you drill down to exact option combinations. By comparison, 2LT and 2SS are downright plentiful. However, rare only makes something valuable if it is desirable to collectors in the future. If history proves true again, with a few notable exceptions, the most desired vehicles for collectors are highest performance first with low VIN numbers (1SS and 2SS qualify), rare combinations among these high performance cars second, and third priority is the higher option content cars among performance cars with rare content. The 1LS vehicles are the rarest but they, and the rest of the 1LT/2LT cars, will be most valuable as survivors in pure stock form unless they are unique (i.e. 1 of 1 in content).

If you agree with the logic above, I would think the rare SS ABM combinations have the best combination of rarity and future desirability to date from the early build. Looking at the complete build stats to date, I would probably say the rare combo 1SS ABMs take the lead for collectors in 30 years followed closely by rare combo 2SS ABMs since the color is done and guaranteed to be among the lowest running colors of the first model year. Synergy Green probably won't approach the ABM build, so it might be rarer, but it's only on V6 models which limits it's collector value. After that, sorry 2SS fans (including me), it will probably be the unique 1SS rare builds that will hold the unique combination of rarity and desirability most collectors will look for.

Dissenting opinions welcomed and encouraged!

Last edited by Hopper; 12-20-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post
Well not to be a downer but several of you are confusing the word rare with the phrase "less popular."

When something is rare it is because it is not available for purchase or order any longer. And my friends the 1SS is definitley available for purchase AND order. "Rare" is a discountinued model with very little produced in the first place for instance..if the 1SS was only made in 1000 cars, then it would be rare indeed. Additionally a color can be rare due to it not being available for order any longer like the ABM.

Now, with that said the 1SS is not rare. It is "less desired" for purchase compared to its LT of 2SS siblings. The 1SS will continue to be built and is available for order anytime. The numbers only show that it is less ordered because most people who want an SS have the cash to get the 2SS or wanted the additional features i.e. leather seats and connectivity

I am not trying to make waves but I do not like seeing a word like rare thrown around incorrectly
This is my point exactly

Quote:
Well i GUESS jimmie is some sort of english major or something....OR thinks he is, but......

4. Marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind.

HMMMM doesn't say ANYTHING about being not available for purchase or order any longer.
just his OPINION.
Number two would be your fault though. Part two infers that the object becomes discontinued at some point and as of now the 1SS is still an available option.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #19
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

just his OPINION.
The last time I looked......Webster hadn't made that many cars....but I hear his FIRST dictionary is going up for auction at Barrett-Jackson next month.....

Last edited by 2010Bill; 12-20-2009 at 08:10 PM.
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Albion

Drives: IOM 1ss
Ordered a 1ss cos i wanted so many Mods for it i had to reduce the base cost of the vehicle.I now have around 2 grands worth of Mods waiting for me,that are accessories of my choice rather than GMs.Leather and Bluetooth etc were worth sacrificing.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
Quote:

just his OPINION.
Well Sir Nuke, I am not an english major, however looking at websters dictionary that you posted it does say " 2. Recurring only at long intervals. and 4. Marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind."

Looking at those two definitions and knwoing that the LT is available for purchase AND is not only occuring at long intervals as well as not marked by uncommon quality nor extreme of its nature (on the contrary its less extreme of its nature due to the fact that it has downgraded features), it is not rare. And your definition does not take into account the view of collectors that purchase rare items and how they are judged or deemed rare.

So you posted a response that actually supports my views, and I appreciate it!
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:

It is neither of these. It is very well known, and it is not especially valued for it's uncommonness.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I just signed papers on a 1SS IBM auto and boy I tell ya, it was the only 1SS I could locate in Texas... Maybe there are more hiding out there but I sure couldnt find them.
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #24
Recluse

Drives: Considering a Camaro
Dang.......I didn't mean to start a war.

That said, I think the 1SS definitely meets the definition of "Not widely distributed."
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #25
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
i have an 1SS RP6 CAMARO, only your children will find out if it'll be worth anything in 40-50 yrs

that being said,IMO, i do feel i have a rare car, but i don't think that it matters at this point in time.

they only thing i think about when i hear "rare camaro" is the 1969 ZL1, not really the same comparable car to mine, but it was basically a 430hp(supposedly) stripped down car. I just like to dream a little and think one day my car would be something like that in the future.

hey, we all can dream cant we?

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
mjlash22

Drives: 2007 Ford Fusion SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
Dang.......I didn't mean to start a war.

That said, I think the 1SS definitely meets the definition of "Not widely distributed."
It would meet the "not widely ordered" part of the definition if there was such a part. GM would distribute as many as wanted, there is just not enough demand for them, hence why you do not see that many.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control 1/7/10 (TPW: 2/1/10)
3400 = Broadcast 1/23/10
3800 = Produced 2/2/10 (2G1FC1EV6A9189068)
4150 = Invoiced 2/5/10
4200 = Shipped
5000 = Delivered To Dealer
6000 = Delivered To Customer
mjlash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
Same with me........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
Well, I prefer my 1SS over a 2SS any day. I never use Bluetooth and the other wireless options that come with the convenience and connectivity package, and the USB connection. I added the Boston Acoustics system to my 1SS. I didn't want leather seats, because it gets extremely hot where I live. So my car fits me and want I want in a car. And we all know that performance wise, it's the same as the 2SS.
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #28
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
CGM 1SS A6 to be built for me after the break. Don't see many 1's out there for sure.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote