Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #15
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
RoketRdr has some good info.

As far as a improvement not needing a tune to realize would be the RX Super Chiller....eliminate timing being pulled from high IAT temps and pretty affordable.

Send the car down and will do the installation free. Let me know if you need more info.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
RoketRdr

Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Where is the bypass? I'll just unhook it now and save time.
You will see the valve and solenoid behind the blower pulley and to the left. You will need to disconnect the two vacuum lines connected into the blower manifold and put caps on the ports. You will also need to pull the vacuum line between the solenoid and control valve then install a cap on the solenoid where you pulled the vacuum line. Keep in mind this won't do you any good until you're making 12psi+ and it's also by-passing the safety barrier while your car is stock.
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

As far as a improvement not needing a tune to realize would be the RX Super Chiller....eliminate timing being pulled from high IAT temps and pretty affordable.

Send the car down and will do the installation free. Let me know if you need more info.
I definately need to get caught up on your kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
You will see the valve and solenoid behind the blower pulley and to the left. You will need to disconnect the two vacuum lines connected into the blower manifold and put caps on the ports. You will also need to pull the vacuum line between the solenoid and control valve then install a cap on the solenoid where you pulled the vacuum line. Keep in mind this won't do you any good until you're making 12psi+ and it's also by-passing the safety barrier while your car is stock.
I wonder what the Heck the tool was I was thinking of then... That sounds pretty easy, actually. I was thinking about going no higher than 15-psi, but that would probably put me pretty well past my goal, given the other mods' I was considering.

Thanks a BUNCH for the information!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
RoketRdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I wonder what the Heck the tool was I was thinking of then... That sounds pretty easy, actually. I was thinking about going no higher than 15-psi, but that would probably put me pretty well past my goal, given the other mods' I was considering.

Thanks a BUNCH for the information!!!
15psi is about the max you're gonna be able to reach anyway depending on the mods you do. All the 650hp+ cars are running 15-16psi boost. Running the stock crank pulley and a 2.55" blower pulley will give you about 13psi. Lingenfelter makes a 2.38" pulley that will get you to 15psi without changing the crank pulley.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
15psi is about the max you're gonna be able to reach anyway depending on the mods you do. All the 650hp+ cars are running 15-16psi boost. Running the stock crank pulley and a 2.55" blower pulley will give you about 13psi. Lingenfelter makes a 2.38" pulley that will get you to 15psi without changing the crank pulley.
Cool. Thank you for the comments. I haven't been able to really track the psi from a lot of these builds. I didn't really think that little 1900 was going to get too much past 750 horse', but there's a non-sponsor I've been watching from time-to-time saying they've got a 19-psi package. That is pretty much an entirely new long block package but I know I'd never need to get near that anyways.

I'm a little worried about such a small upper; won't slip become an issue? I haven't really researched a 10-rib swap or anything, or even know if one is available. I was just thinking to keep slip a minimum, that I'd go a 2.55-upper and the 9.5-inch lower. I think Metco makes a kit, too; I just haven't checked. D3 has some great V' parts, but, they're not a sponsor, so you won't see me saying that company much. It looks like I have more research D

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So a smaller pulley to create a few more pounds of boost and in the ballpark of 30 to 40 horse power would be plausible with no tune.

Also, a Camaro5.com sticker requires no tune.

Last edited by PQ; 06-26-2012 at 05:18 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
RoketRdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Cool. Thank you for the comments. I haven't been able to really track the psi from a lot of these builds. I didn't really think that little 1900 was going to get too much past 750 horse', but there's a non-sponsor I've been watching from time-to-time saying they've got a 19-psi package. That is pretty much an entirely new long block package but I know I'd never need to get near that anyways.

I'm a little worried about such a small upper; won't slip become an issue? I haven't really researched a 10-rib swap or anything, or even know if one is available. I was just thinking to keep slip a minimum, that I'd go a 2.55-upper and the 9.5-inch lower. I think Metco makes a kit, too; I just haven't checked. D3 has some great V' parts, but, they're not a sponsor, so you won't see me saying that company much. It looks like I have more research D
Yes slip will become an issue which is why I would never go below 2.5" on an upper pulley. But Metco makes a really nice tensioner system for the LSA that deals with this problem and you could also go to a 10-rib system but I don't think its necessary. And you might want to go with a 9.1 lower because the 2.55" upper with 9.55 lower will give you right at 17psi. A 2.55" upper with 9.1" lower will be just over 15psi.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #22
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So a smaller pulley to create a few more pounds of boost and in the ballpark of 30 to 40 horse power would be plausible with not tune.

Also, a Camaro5.com sticker requires no tune.
The sticker alone is 5hp.......
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #23
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post

When my ZL1 arrives I'll be in touch for more info!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Our dual fan heat exchanger will not void warranty and is a must have for all ZL owners.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #25
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Camaro Corvette Trans Am GTO GM Truck tuner in Tampa Orlando

If you are going to introduce additional air into your system, your going to want to optimize it with additional fuel.

A new air intake, ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, and mufflers can add a couple ponies to the system and not have to tune.

If you do a smaller pulley, you should tune it.
www.TampaTuning.com
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote