Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #141
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
Isn't a big deal at all. Vince emails you the tune. You follow step by step program instructions. Datalog a few, and send back. Mine didn't need any adjusting at all. You just tell him all mods you are dealing with, and he does the rest.
Sorry I missed you Jeff, but it's fixed now.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #142
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Sorry I missed you Jeff, but it's fixed now.
O, nice. I wasn't worried. Once I can figure out how to get past this manual tranny grind, I will make a contribution to the list. Gonna play with that 150 shot too, but I'm getting just alittle hesitation that is gnawing on me with that throttle body, when i mash the gas. Don't want a puddle! Thanks for looking out Gretch.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #143
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
O, nice. I wasn't worried. Once I can figure out how to get past this manual tranny grind, I will make a contribution to the list. Gonna play with that 150 shot too, but I'm getting just alittle hesitation that is gnawing on me with that throttle body, when i mash the gas. Don't want a puddle! Thanks for looking out Gretch.
Have you tried swapping to Royal Purple. I think some have said that helped. I'm guessing at your power level you may need to upgrade the clutch/pressure plate, but who knows???
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #144
jeff4946

Quote:
Have you tried swapping to Royal Purple. I think some have said that helped. I'm guessing at your power level you may need to upgrade the clutch/pressure plate, but who knows???
Ya, royal purple in the tranny and rear end. Would love to see an aftermarket clutch come out. Just havent seen anything yet.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
Old 09-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #145
jeff4946

Quote:
Added you and Camaro-21. Post up any additional information you have (kit maker, hp, track times, etc...)
Those #s from Camaro-21 are sweet.. 415hp and 408tq! How are you feeding that 10lbs of boost? And who's handling the tune? Seems the fuel issue isn't quite solved yet, but you are doing something right.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #146
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Those #s from Camaro-21 are sweet.. 415hp and 408tq! How are you feeding that 10lbs of boost? And who's handling the tune? Seems the fuel issue isn't quite solved yet, but you are doing something right.
Sustaining 10 psi is amazing. The twins flow more total CFM than the single, so we can't do that, but Tracy will be doing 6 psi with meth and see if we can sustain that. That should yeild us right around 400. I think Orange5thGen is right there too.

Vince is tuning for all of us. We haven't got the new fuel pump yet, but we keep looking. IPS is going to be trying some options with Orange5thGen's car and Tracy is trying to get a BMW pump for mine. One of is going to figure it out and then we'll start seeing some really nice HP numbers.

Right now though, Tracy's working on getting my car to hook up really well and is going to put the torque converter in soon. We want to make sure we are getting as much out of the basic stuff before we start engine work.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #147
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
Quote:
Isn't a big deal at all. Vince emails you the tune. You follow step by step program instructions. Datalog a few, and send back. Mine didn't need any adjusting at all. You just tell him all mods you are dealing with, and he does the rest.
How much is it for that?
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #148
jeff4946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarr014 View Post
How much is it for that?
I believe it was $400 for the tune, and then depending on if you buy the cable or not, was more. I opted to buy the cable for $200. The tune fee, came with a nitrous tune , and a tune for the rest of the mods, without running the nitrous. Nitrous tunes retard the timing, and the other advances. I switched back and forth for a while, but now just keep the nitrous tune loaded. Worth the money, when your shot gets alittle bigger. You dont want to hit that on top dead center to much.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #149
jeff4946

Quote:
Sustaining 10 psi is amazing. The twins flow more total CFM than the single, so we can't do that, but Tracy will be doing 6 psi with meth and see if we can sustain that. That should yeild us right around 400. I think Orange5thGen is right there too.

Vince is tuning for all of us. We haven't got the new fuel pump yet, but we keep looking. IPS is going to be trying some options with Orange5thGen's car and Tracy is trying to get a BMW pump for mine. One of is going to figure it out and then we'll start seeing some really nice HP numbers.

Right now though, Tracy's working on getting my car to hook up really well and is going to put the torque converter in soon. We want to make sure we are getting as much out of the basic stuff before we start engine work.
Awesome... I would love to see a sequential system built. That would be a good system, but i fear, I will move on, before that time comes.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #150
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Awesome... I would love to see a sequential system built. That would be a good system, but i fear, I will move on, before that time comes.
Borg Warner is making one that looks like it will fit laterally behind the tranny on the A6. I'd like to get hold of one and see what it would look like down there. If not, you could always mount it remotely or move the washer bottle and do an engine bay mount.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #151
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Borg Warner is making one that looks like it will fit laterally behind the tranny on the A6. I'd like to get hold of one and see what it would look like down there. If not, you could always mount it remotely or move the washer bottle and do an engine bay mount.
I posted a question in your build thread
I wanted to know if you could update your parts list, so I can began my preliminary list.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #152
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
I posted a question in your build thread
I wanted to know if you could update your parts list, so I can began my preliminary list.
Sorry, must have missed that one.

I'll have to get with Tracy to get the details, but since January I know we've added:

1) BMR front and rear sway bars and end links
2) BMR trailing arms
3) BMR (I think) tunnel brace
4) BMR driveshaft loop
5) Posi diff. and bushings with 3.45 gear
6) SS hubs and driveshafts
7) Custom single-piece alum. driveshaft
8) Turbo-werks dry-run scavenge pump
9) Whiteside Customs 18" wheels
10) Nitto 555R exteme DRs

Ordered but not installed
1) Port matched heads and intake manifold
2) Custom torque converter

Waiting for
1) New HPFP
2) New pistons
3) New rods and bolts
4) Some safety equipment

He also installed the meth kit I've had for a while. Depending on what power level you are shooting for you probably won't need all that.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #153
jeff4946

Quote:
Sorry, must have missed that one.

I'll have to get with Tracy to get the details, but since January I know we've added:

1) BMR front and rear sway bars and end links
2) BMR trailing arms
3) BMR (I think) tunnel brace
4) BMR driveshaft loop
5) Posi diff. and bushings with 3.45 gear
6) SS hubs and driveshafts
7) Custom single-piece alum. driveshaft
8) Turbo-werks dry-run scavenge pump
9) Whiteside Customs 18" wheels
10) Nitto 555R exteme DRs

Ordered but not installed
1) Port matched heads and intake manifold
2) Custom torque converter

Waiting for
1) New HPFP
2) New pistons
3) New rods and bolts
4) Some safety equipment

He also installed the meth kit I've had for a while. Depending on what power level you are shooting for you probably won't need all that.
Holy crap!

Are those forged pistons? And where are you getting the matched goodies? Come on Gretch! Spill the beans!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #154
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Holy crap!

Are those forged pistons? And where are you getting the matched goodies? Come on Gretch! Spill the beans!
Yes, they will be forged pistons and rods. We are going to lower the compression ratio to around 9-9.5 when we do them. The heads and manifold are the ones Bill (BMWDON) was selling. The exhaust porting probably won't match well with my headers (he did them for BBK headers), but the rest should be good.

Tags
boost, llt, nitrous, spray, supercharger, turbo, v6 fi