Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #57
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
I will be next!
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #58
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
I only have them installed by Mike for a couple of weeks and have been too busy to use them, but for the miles I have put in, the ride is amazing. The only draw back so far is my tendency to go too fast into a curve, any curve....I need to take a driving course on a track to see how far I can push this thing. Accelerating into a curve and the vehicle is perfectly flat and neutral.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #59
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know just what you mean. I installed a Hotchkis chassis brace last weekend and the difference in the way the car feels has me pushing it harder now than before. I go in on Saturday for mine and I can only imagine how this car will handle when Mike is done.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #60
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
kbui - It's very smart of you to consider taking a driving course so you can get more familiar with the limits of your car. If you haven't already done so, a good autocross event with a local club would be very benficial. You can typically get instruction and you get to practice in your car. Seeing the picture of your Camaro next to your C4 Corvette really shows how much larger the Camaro is by comparison.

bkscott - We're glad to hear you're enjoying the difference the Chassis Max Brace has made in your Camaro.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #61
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
I only have them installed by Mike for a couple of weeks and have been too busy to use them, but for the miles I have put in, the ride is amazing. The only draw back so far is my tendency to go too fast into a curve, any curve....I need to take a driving course on a track to see how far I can push this thing. Accelerating into a curve and the vehicle is perfectly flat and neutral.
I've never taken a Camaro class but I've taken a zr1 class. Whew...what a blast of 3 days of speed. Spring Mountain Motorsports..love those guys!

Are you on street tires? If so, you should be able to hear them making noise and you will start to know their slipping point. On performance tires in most cases if not all you will not hear them - you will end up spinning before you hear anything.

I suggest going to an HPDE event with a well organized group. Have your instructor drive your car a few times with you sitting shotgun you will see where you can push it and it will be cheaper than a class.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #62
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
kbui - It's very smart of you to consider taking a driving course so you can get more familiar with the limits of your car. If you haven't already done so, a good autocross event with a local club would be very benficial. You can typically get instruction and you get to practice in your car. Seeing the picture of your Camaro next to your C4 Corvette really shows how much larger the Camaro is by comparison.

bkscott - We're glad to hear you're enjoying the difference the Chassis Max Brace has made in your Camaro.
^ this as well...even cheaper.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #63
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Got mine done as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3780930
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #64
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
I've never taken a Camaro class but I've taken a zr1 class. Whew...what a blast of 3 days of speed. Spring Mountain Motorsports..love those guys!

Are you on street tires? If so, you should be able to hear them making noise and you will start to know their slipping point. On performance tires in most cases if not all you will not hear them - you will end up spinning before you hear anything.

I suggest going to an HPDE event with a well organized group. Have your instructor drive your car a few times with you sitting shotgun you will see where you can push it and it will be cheaper than a class.

There is an HPDE event near Austin the middle of November. I am planning on attending this one...

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #65
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
There is an HPDE event near Austin the middle of November. I am planning on attending this one...
Great weather for the cars. I am doing an HPDE event every month until it gets hot again down here.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #66
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Since I had to raise my rear BCRs a tick last night I came back to this thread to post my observations after more than two months use. IMVHO it's been the best bang for the buck upgrade I've done. My only regret is I owned the car four months before having it done instead of four hours.

USAF Retired 1994
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #67
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
TTT for new members
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #68
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 L99 View Post
Since I had to raise my rear BCRs a tick last night I came back to this thread to post my observations after more than two months use. IMVHO it's been the best bang for the buck upgrade I've done. My only regret is I owned the car four months before having it done instead of four hours.
Yes - its a great bang for the buck.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #69
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
pm me price please
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #70
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Bump for Remy!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote