Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #211
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Wow angrybird sorry about the ignorance. Good one about living to 120, I'd make it 90 hahaha still old
I don't spend any time on that forum unless I have a technical question. But even then I don't ask for help. I just try to search for my answer. I have read too many posts that someone asks a question and all they get is a bunch of idiots trying to out insult each other. That's why I get upset on here when I see others doing the same thing. I don't want this forum to turn into one like that one.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #212
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The S-10forum is a total bunch off d-bags. The site S10Planet is much nicer but almost dead. That was my home before here. I still have a dime and about 1/2 a truck worth of parts. If you need help I have a 1/2 decent knowledge base of all things S-10 related.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #213
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
The S-10forum is a total bunch off d-bags. The site S10Planet is much nicer but almost dead. That was my home before here. I still have a dime and about 1/2 a truck worth of parts. If you need help I have a 1/2 decent knowledge base of all things S-10 related.
Thanks, it didn't take long for me to learn that. They don't even follow their own rules, I reported one post for harassing and age discrimination and the mod basically chewed me out for reporting it.

Sorry for taking it off topic. Back to the topic now.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #214
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I've heard 2 stupid comments the biggest one from some Honda ricer guy that's like 34 years old always (tries) to give me shit and I hear it from other people all the time is always why did you get a automatic in which I reply I didn't buy this from Chevy I didn't even plan on buying a car when I got this second with 650 hp what's it matter you want to race they never do so whatever. Then the stupid question are you going to put Lamborghini doors on it....hell no. Another one I don't get asked just hear and it kind of annoys me are all the kids that say its bumblebee.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #215
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Sexist comment alert!

Seems like all the ignorant comments I get are from female co-workers. I described one exchange in an earlier post. Just last week I get this one:

female co-worker: Nice car.

me: Thank you.

female co-worker: I just can't see paying for a fancy car like that. I'd rather travel.

This coming from someone who has his and her Harleys and a husband who drives a late model GMC pick-up with a Duramax. The hypocrisy of her statement left me speechless.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #216
Rented Glint

Drives: Inferno Orange 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
I also have gotten mostly positive comments, but at times you will hear some crazy stuff. I was at a big car show Saturday where there was over 700 cars. I was just sitting behind my car when 2 teenage boys that were about 14 or 15 walk up and this was their conversation.

1st Boy - Wow, look at that Camaro I just love that color.
2nd Boy - Oh you mean that GM shit green color. GM had that color as an option on the Corvette for 5 or 6 years and they never sold a single Corvette in that color. They had a million gallons of paint in that color so to get rid of it they decided to put it on the Camaro. A few people finally ordered it but they still had just thousands of gallons of the paint left. Now you can get it on the Sonic and nobody is still buying it. I heard a few weeks ago that GM is finally just going to just dump the paint to get rid of it.
1st Boy - Really, Wow I did not know that.

I just sat there and did the face palm as they walked away, How can you even respond to something that stupid?
I woulda straight laughed in their face... you can't really even get mad at something like that, its obvious hes got problems...

I for one LOVE that color lol
Rented Glint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #217
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
I also have gotten mostly positive comments, but at times you will hear some crazy stuff. I was at a big car show Saturday where there was over 700 cars. I was just sitting behind my car when 2 teenage boys that were about 14 or 15 walk up and this was their conversation.

1st Boy - Wow, look at that Camaro I just love that color.
2nd Boy - Oh you mean that GM shit green color. GM had that color as an option on the Corvette for 5 or 6 years and they never sold a single Corvette in that color. They had a million gallons of paint in that color so to get rid of it they decided to put it on the Camaro. A few people finally ordered it but they still had just thousands of gallons of the paint left. Now you can get it on the Sonic and nobody is still buying it. I heard a few weeks ago that GM is finally just going to just dump the paint to get rid of it.
1st Boy - Really, Wow I did not know that.

I just sat there and did the face palm as they walked away, How can you even respond to something that stupid?
Quite clever though you gotta give him that lol
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #218
RA1987

Drives: SS
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #219
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Didn't think this thread would take off like this! Pretty cool!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #220
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Had a kid(douche) in a brand new CLS550 tell me "Camaro's are slow" at a red light before a freeway entrance. I didn't say a word back and I laughed when he tried to beat me getting on to the freeway and I let him know just how slow his dad's new Merc really was.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #221
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Nothing but real compliments, other than my ex's mother when she first saw my car said: "What are you having a mid-life crises?" I considered that a compliment. I wanted to say, no crises, just a mid-life adjustment.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #222
suzook

Drives: camaro
I get...."oh...you got an auto?" As the dickbag gets into his Camry.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #223
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
In my parking lot there is a guy (really cool) who owns a Subaru BRZ (manual). He was stunned to learn that I purchased the L99 automatic ... and said "but dog ... you gave up all the horsepower!". He is a really cool guy but I just thought it was funny. I figured my explanation was good enough .... I never learned to drive stick. In my family ... no one drove stick and cars were not very important. It was not until I turned 28 and started making good $$$ that I was interested in muscle cars. Why would i spend over 40k to purchase a stickshift car that I would destroy bc I cannot drive stick?
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #224
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedOUTSS610 View Post
In my parking lot there is a guy (really cool) who owns a Subaru BRZ (manual). He was stunned to learn that I purchased the L99 automatic ... and said "but dog ... you gave up all the horsepower!". He is a really cool guy but I just thought it was funny. I figured my explanation was good enough .... I never learned to drive stick. In my family ... no one drove stick and cars were not very important. It was not until I turned 28 and started making good $$$ that I was interested in muscle cars. Why would i spend over 40k to purchase a stickshift car that I would destroy bc I cannot drive stick?
You would be surprised the kind of abuse a manual car can take 😳 I've ridden with some people who were absolutely awful and had owned the car for 7 years, it is quite shocking what a clutch can take lol
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote