Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #29
'70 RS

Drives: '69,'70,'10 camaro
very nice taste
'70 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #30
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Thats is freakin beautiful!! Awesome rides!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #31
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
Red Alert is even wilder in person!

We built this 5th Generation Camaro for the Clary's, Yenkos and the sYc club. Tom and I had discussed this project long before the 5th generation Camaro was ever slated for production.

It was first debut at the Super Car Reunion #12 and then the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals.

When is the last time you even got to see a real LS7 427 Camaro prowling the streets?

The sYc a.k.a yenko.net is a tremendous resource for Yenkos and all Super Cars.

We are very privileged to be a part of their Authorized Yenko project.

Thanks for the explanation! Sweet nonetheless. I knew everything was legit, but I wasn't sure how we got there. Thank you for explaining this! Makes a boatload more sense now!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #32
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
2010 Yenko! Wow!
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #33
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Thanks for the explanation! Sweet nonetheless. I knew everything was legit, but I wasn't sure how we got there. Thank you for explaining this! Makes a boatload more sense now!
Made/converted in the USA!

Start with a 1SS 6 speed Automatic;

* Full Custom Black leather interior with embroidered sYc headrests
* Nickey specs LS7 427 built by Wegner Motorsports
* Halltech CAI system
* upgraded transmission
* custom stall converter
* Yenko edition Headers by American Racing headers
* Racing Cats and 3" X pipe into Magna Flow Stainless Mufflers
* Custom Tune
* 1,000 hp axles and CV joints
* Justice Pete Drag Racing set up by Pedders (Including front and rear sway bars and Xa coil overs)
* Yenko Billet Valve Covers and coil stands
* Aluminum drive shaft still in production
* and a few other goodies
Attached Images

Last edited by NicKey; 01-04-2010 at 10:40 AM.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #34
syc

Drives: 1969 Yenko Camaro 2010 Yenko Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
I take it the '69 (beautiful BTW) didn't win the race with the '10 hence the need for a new motor? hehe!
No..the '69 won. The reason for the fresh engine was two weeks after this event, at the Pure Stock Drags in Michigan, we spun a couple of rod bearings.

Will be interesting when they meet again, as the 2010 will have an extra 175HP, and the mill in the '69 will be freshened up.
syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #35
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Wasn't "Red Alert" Owned by Mr. Bill Stephenson back in the day or do I have my wires crossed?
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #36
Bashton

Drives: 2010 Nickey Camaro Stage III
As the Managing Member of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, I must say we were honored and priviledged to host not only the 2010 Yenko Camaro and Lynn Yenko, but also the Red Alert at our recent show.

I can assure you, BOTH of these cars are even better up close and personal and the Clary family knows how to use them!

YES; Bill was one of the previous owner/caretakers of the Red Alert.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Bashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #37
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
so what kind of horsepower does that thing net??
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #38
syc

Drives: 1969 Yenko Camaro 2010 Yenko Camaro
2010 Yenko/SC Camaro track time

Well, the 2010 Yenko Camaro has finally seen some track time.

This past Thursday the wife and I traveled to sunny (but chilly) Gainesville, Florida where the Camaro was part of a group of cars to be tested by the staff of Super Chevy Magazine. Our host was the editor of the magazine, Jim Campisano, who made a couple late passes in the car, while the “hired gun”, who did most of the driving, was noted racer Even Smith.

As luck would have it, the recent cold front extended all the way to Central Forida, with night time temperatures dipping below freezing, and the daily highs only in the 50s. When we began testing, the temp was only in the 40s, with track temp at 32. Low track temp, our cat still running the stock tires and an engine with lots of torque, needless to say traction was a major problem, not only on the launch, but through 2-3 gears (and we have an auto).

It took Evan a few passes to get the fell of the car, and the track, basically learning how to “roll out” easy before getting on the trottle, but he was finally able to make a couple of decent passes. Best pass of the day was a 12.20 @ 117.5, with a 1.8ish 60’. He was able to get a 60’ into the 1’7s, but then car blew the tires away in 2nd.

We had hoped to get into the 11s, which would have been possible, even with low track temps, had we been running drag radials. But, the main thing, we got her on the track, did not hurt anything, now know more of how to set the tune, and the main thing, that it is truly mild mannered street car that can still run decent numbers (11s) at the track.

In the lanes with a Vette, a Roush Mustang (Red) and a trick Mustang GT.

Evan trying to get some heat into the stock tires.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #39
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Jeez, I am in love. What a dream and honor it would be to own a 10 or Yenko Camaro. I really hope they make them available to the public eventually. Maybe if I sold my cars I could get one!!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
Well, the 2010 Yenko Camaro has finally seen some track time.

This past Thursday the wife and I traveled to sunny (but chilly) Gainesville, Florida where the Camaro was part of a group of cars to be tested by the staff of Super Chevy Magazine. Our host was the editor of the magazine, Jim Campisano, who made a couple late passes in the car, while the “hired gun”, who did most of the driving, was noted racer Even Smith.

As luck would have it, the recent cold front extended all the way to Central Forida, with night time temperatures dipping below freezing, and the daily highs only in the 50s. When we began testing, the temp was only in the 40s, with track temp at 32. Low track temp, our cat still running the stock tires and an engine with lots of torque, needless to say traction was a major problem, not only on the launch, but through 2-3 gears (and we have an auto).

It took Evan a few passes to get the fell of the car, and the track, basically learning how to “roll out” easy before getting on the trottle, but he was finally able to make a couple of decent passes. Best pass of the day was a 12.20 @ 117.5, with a 1.8ish 60’. He was able to get a 60’ into the 1’7s, but then car blew the tires away in 2nd.

We had hoped to get into the 11s, which would have been possible, even with low track temps, had we been running drag radials. But, the main thing, we got her on the track, did not hurt anything, now know more of how to set the tune, and the main thing, that it is truly mild mannered street car that can still run decent numbers (11s) at the track.

In the lanes with a Vette, a Roush Mustang (Red) and a trick Mustang GT.

Evan trying to get some heat into the stock tires.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we all enjoyed working on your special sYc Camaro.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #41
427Carl
427CARL

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
Nice reading

Wow! living the lifestyle of the rich and famous... unbelievable! Glad the money, is spent on cars, instead of bad stuff loll I'm still buying Lottery tickets... 427Carl
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #42
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
Christ allmighty! You OWN the RED ALERT/ AMT Chevelle as well? Ive got the original model in my collection! You my friend have some awesome cars!!!! Where in Mo do you live?
Next day--

MY CARS ARE GONE!!!

That is very impressive!! I'm jealous as well but you seem totally cool so takes the sting out
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote