Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2007, 02:48 AM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
ahhh ty. Welcome to the boards. Didn't see your post count. My father lives out in the boondocks (Bakersfield, CA) so I know what you mean about the too far from cable thing.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS/RS, 19 Tahoe
Send a message via Yahoo to 94z28inok
ty for the welcome, have been here a few times a while back, i came from cz28. ya good ol Oklahoma, if your farther than 5 miles or so from town your out of luck with cable. we're about 15. They keep telling us it'll be out here soon... thats been over 3 years now oh well
94z28inok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Welcome to the site as well!

Personally, I'd love to see the push button start. I didn't know there were different types. I'd just like to push the button and have it crank over...hold the button till it starts. That's a sure fire way to keep the scratches off of the dash from missing with your key over and over....:(

Push button start FTW! Unless it drives cost up too much and then I'm okay w/ a key....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #18
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
I don’t know if a push button start would be good for me. I would most likely sit in my driveway and shout “Gentlemen start your engines” over and over again as I push the start button… Note to self, first part to wear out on new Camaro, starter button…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

lmfao at killer I could see that too. i hear where your comin from tag, bout the scratches. What I was talking about was the push button start setups that you tap the button and it cranks itself as long as it needs or whatever. You just tap it to let it "know" that you want it to start. If its like a real setup where you push the button an hold it then that'll be fine with me too. I still want some kind of lock other than a remote.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #20
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Personally I would love the race car rocker switch that would be pretty ba and pretty cheap helping keep the cost down. However i dont see that as an option. I like the push till it starts button, just pushing a button and letting the car decide when it has cranked enough dosent sound like a good option possibly burning out the starter over time.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #21
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I'm all for the push button. We have them in our M915 Freightliner tractors. It you turn the key, and push the button until it starts. Plus it's cool having a big red "start" button.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #22
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Afs and Chevynut-- My thoughts exactly That style in the rig is what im thinking, and Chevynut, nail hit square on the head. Letting it decide how long and when after jus tapping it, more stuff to break/wear out. Not safe if you trying to work on it and jus need to bump it over. What about animals or whatever that might crawl up in the engine bay. etc etc, i could go on. Anybody who works on their own cars, im sure we could come up with many more reasons why not. I dont take my car to the shop for anything other than tires and alignments, and thats going to change soon too, i just dont want anybody elses hands under the hood of my car. Thats gonna be hard while the new ones under warranty. I'll have to find a dealership that will let me stand right there while somethings being fixed/recalled.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #23
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Sadly no delership I know of lets you do that. I guessing with how advanced this car and future cars the shadetree mechanic will virtuly dissapear.:(
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 AM   #24
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

i doubt it, the "backyard mechanics" have updated right along with the cars of today. I may not have ASE master certs hanging on my walls, I may not work for a dealer. But I DO own my own shop. I work on things everyday that most shops around here wont even look twice at. Not all backyard/shadetree mechanics are backwoods rednecks..... though I have seen my share of them...... but on a happier note, The Chevy dealer I get my parts from here is always takin me out to the shop for whatever and lettin me look around/hang out. I have a few friends there though only a couple of them know I own a shop. But as far as do it yourselfers fading away.... There will always be someone learning the new tricks and trades. Technology isnt limited to trained professionals. My dad was GM ASE Master certified and now comes to me when they have a problem with their cars. I started rebuilding cars at the age of 12. So I dont plan on being my father and only going up to a certain level then getting out of it, I plan to stay in the business untill our children take over when im rollin around in a chair. But on a side note to that, the backyard mechanics will also change generations and a new generation will take on the newer technology as well. There will always be shadetree mechanics. I personally look up to several of them, they often know as much...or even more than a lot of "shops" or dealers these days. Certainly more personable than most "professionals" Its life to them, not just business. ---end rant--- sorry but being a shadetree for most of my life got me where I am today and am much much better off than every one around me a few years ago ever imagined. i tend to stick up for the little guys or the ones trying to make an honest living doing what they know how to do. Im sure im not the only one on here that can relate to this. Keep up the faith Chevynut, its not that technologically advanced. just have to study a little more.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #25
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

sorry was just sittin here thinkin..... 70 years from now, flying car, Bubba redneck, car on blocks tied down cause the thrusters got stuck on...... Ford of tomorrow... still having throttle problems.... bailin wire and a little more ductape and hes almost got it workin again... see, theres still hope for tomorrows shadetrees.... things can only advance so far untill theres really no where else to go with it.... at least in our lifetimes. But there will be someone else to take it over when we cant.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #26
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z28inok View Post
<---- havnt got to watch the videos thanks to dial up.... too far out in the country for cable. A hold till it starts push button would be ok with me as long as there is some kind of lock as well. thanks for the reply mindz, nice artwork btw.
I know this is OT but have you considered satellite or microwave high speed internet? I have a house that is in the middle of nowhere and have microwave HS internet. Works on the same principle as satellite but much faster b/c the signal only travels a few miles instead of hundreds. It's faster than my Verison FIOS DSL in Dallas and costs $29 / mo.

With my system they put a 10" dish on the roof and pointed it to the nearest radio tower with a repeater on it.

Back to the discussion: I think it would be cool to have a red botton with GO on it just to the right of the steering column.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWz28 View Post
Back to the discussion: I think it would be cool to have a red botton with GO on it just to the right of the steering column.

JWz28.

I'd love to have it on top of the shift knob with "go baby go" like in the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds. Have it be hidden with a little piece you flip up in order to reach it. Extra form of theft protection as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #28
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
as long as it's faster than using a Key i'm ok with it.. call me crazy but once in a while a man just needs to get the hell out of there!

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote