Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Announcing GM Tech Center Fbody Show

----- Forwarded by SCOTT SETTLEMIRE/US/GM/GMC on 10/16/2006 12:09 PM -----
SCOTT SETTLEMIRE
09/21/2006 04:16 PM

To: Camaro Enthusiasts
cc:
Subject: Announcing GM Tech Center Fbody Show

Good afternoon Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

As many of you know, the Camaro/Firebird Enthusiast community gets together a few times a year -- some of the largest events being:

>Fbody Gathering in Atlanta - Memorial Day weekend
>GM at Carlisle - Camaros at Carlisle
>Camaro/Firebird Reunion at the National Corvette Museum
>Camaro/Firebird Weekend at the State Fair of Texas

World Wide Camaro/Classic Chevy International and General Motors has just announced a very exciting event for the summer of 2007:

Of interest to all of you:

A 40th Anniversary Celebration of the Camaro and **FIREBIRD** at the General Motors Technical Center in Warren (suburban Detroit) MI. The dates are August 9 - 11, 2007. This is the weekend before Woodward Dream Cruise, so this may be a great time to take a vacation!

There will be 50th Anniversary Celebration of the 1957 Chevrolet as well.

Details are forthcoming -- but I ask you to mark your calendars now.

Because of this celebration, we've decided to take a one year hiatus with the National Corvette Museum -- but hope to return the following year.

I hope you'll be able to join Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts from all over for a great time in the Motor City. The GM Tech Center is something you will want to see -- and I'm quite certain we'll have some other 'surprises' for you!

I will be working with the community to find two host hotels next to each other so that we can continue our tradition of "late nights in the parking lot!" -- and will post when that's complete.

Scott
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

----- Forwarded by SCOTT SETTLEMIRE/US/GM/GMC on 10/16/2006 12:09 PM -----
SCOTT SETTLEMIRE
10/12/2006 04:17 PM

To: Camaro Enthusiasts
cc:
Subject: Hotels for Camaro/Firebird 40th......

Good afternoon, Camaro Comrades, Firebird Friends, and Classic Chevy lovers............

As announced earlier, General Motors, Classic Chevy International, and World Wide Camaro will be hosting a 40th Anniversary Celebration of the Camaro/Firebird; and a 50th Anniversary Celebration of the 1957 Chevy at the General Motors Technical Center in Warren, Michigan on August 9-11, 2007.

This is an event you do NOT want to miss.

As promised, here are some hotels we suggest you consider: (we hope to get Camaro and Firebird people staying close together so we can 'hang out' in the parking lots at night........)

1. Comfort Inn -- 7001 Convention Blvd -- Warren, MI (about a mile north of Tech Center) 586-268-9020 -- booking code is "SSOA" (not just reserved for SSOA members -- we simply needed to come up with a memorable 4-character code!) Special rate for that code is $59 a night

2. Hampton Inn -- 7447 Convention Blvd -- Warren, MI 586-977-7270 -- booking code is "CSSO" -- Special Rate for that code is $83 a night

3. Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites -- 30000 Van Dyke Ave, Warren, MI 586-573-7600 -- (directly across the street from GM Tech Center) Rate is $79 a night -- identify yourself as part of the Chevy/Camaro 40th Anniversary celebration at the Tech Center.

4. Residence Inn -- 30120 Civic Center Blvd, Warren -- 586-558-8050 -- (directly across the street from GM Tech Center)

5. Marriott Courtyard Detroit/Warren -- 30190 Van Dyke Ave -- Warren, MI (directly across the street from GM Tech Center)

6. Fairfield Inn -- Warren -- 7454 Convention Center Drive -- Warren -- (about a mile north of the Tech Center) 586-939-1700

Both Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn are holding 40 rooms each for Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts.

I'd STRONGLY suggest you book early into the rooms (like right now!) -- as we anticipate several hundred 55-57 Chevy Enthusiasts -- about 450 Corvette Enthusiasts -- and I'm HOPING 1,000 Camaro/Firebird Enthusiasts.

OF NOTE: The Woodward Dream Cruise takes place the following Saturday. You may want to extend your trip for at least a few days into the week of August 14. While the actual 'Dream Cruise' is on Saturday, August 19, Woodward Avenue is 'bumper to bumper' with classic cars starting on Tuesday late afternoon-- by Wednesday night, it's jammed.

---a great time to get together with fellow Camaro/Firebird enthusiasts-- take in the sites of the GM Tech Center -- and get a tour of the GM Heritage Center........this is a trip you do NOT want to miss!

More info at: http://www.worldwidecamaro.com/Event...th=August+2007
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Man count me in I'll see you there with my Z/28. I won't miss it. See you all there.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
WMCC Gary
Camaro Addict

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z
Already Got My room resevered for this event. Its going to be AWESOME!
WMCC Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I'll be there, right in my own backyard
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:07 AM   #6
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
We made our room reservations back in September!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Good afternoon, Camaro comrades and Firebird friends!

-- attached is a note from our good friend Sharon Stowe at Ecklers......... -- on registration information regarding the 40th Celebration of Camaro and Firebird at the GM Tech Center............

Nothing is worse -- (OK...there are a FEW things worse .........) than having to wait in a line that seems to stretch for a half mile.........so a word to the wise...............

Please share with your members ...be they club members or web-members...............

Thanks and I'm very much looking forward to the festivities in August -- and hope you are, too!

Scott

"Sharon Stowe" <sharon.stowe@ecklers.net>
03/13/2007 12:02 PM
To <scott.settlemire@gm.com>
cc
Subject 40th Anniversary of the Camaro

Good morning Scott,
Hope this email finds you well! I need your help. I have been getting in a steady stream of registrations for the 50th of the 57 and the 40th of the Camaro but the phone calls I get lead me to believe that a heads up from you will make the lives of many participants and myself a lot easier!

I need for you to let all of your contacts know that they should pre-register for this event. By pre-registering they will not spend time in line at the tech center on Saturday morning, they will receive tickets to all events via USPS prior to event (no tickets will be sold on site), they will receive prior to the event a window card and badge that will let them enter thru Gate 9 between 7 am and 9 am on Saturday. All in all they will be happy campers instead of bogged down in a line that could block Van Dyke!!! Also if pre-registered and they are trailering a vehicle, GM allows trailers to be dropped at the Tech Center, Wednesday thru Friday, entering thru Gate 6.

They can register online at: www.ecklerscamaro.com/camaro40th.asp or download the registration and mail it to my attention: 5140 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32780. They can call me direct at 321-385-9703.

Many thanks for your help and I'll be seeing you soon,

Sharon Stowe
Marketing
Eckler Industries, Inc.
Classic Chevy International
Worldwide Camaro
Late Great Chevy
Eckler's Trucks
( Direct: (321) 385-9703
( Fax: (321) 385-9306
* Email: sharon.stowe@ecklers.net
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

All -- my sincerest apologies -- I sent the attached out last week -- however, the link was bad.

You can get registration information at THIS link: http://www.ecklerscamaro.com/camaro40th.asp

Would encourage you to sign up early! No one wants to wait in line!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #9
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Hey Michiganders - CONCEPT CAMARO in Warren, Mi

Wondering if anyone is planning on attending the Classic Chevy International at the General Motors Technical Center. Saturday - August 11th, 2007

-The Concept is suppose to be at the show (only reason I am going)
-40th Anniversary Car Show for the Camaro
-50th Anniversary Car Show for all 1957 Chevys

$8 admission. Let me know if anyone is going, We could meet for a $5 Pop and $4 hot dog while drooling over the Concept.

There are links to the site in this thread (back about a page I believe)
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I had the thread somewhere. I thought it was a sticky. But, 3whiterag had a pretty big post set up on the event. I'll see if I can find it and will LYK.

Edit-Thread found and posts moved.