Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #29
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Sorry boys, not to rub it in, but I don't have to worry about that, cause in Florida we don't have to have a front plate!

DE only has a rear plate too
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #30
ironpeddler

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Here in OH we have to have a plate on the front and the back. I do not have on on the front for the same reason as the OP. IMHO If a cop pulls you over for not having a front plate he either wants to just look at your car, he has absolutely nothing better to do with his time or he is just a complete prick. You would think there would be alot worse or more important crimes he should be attending too besides someone who doesn't have a front plate.
ironpeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #31
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Same story here on our way back to Texas from the Fest !! The Trooper was nice enough to give us a photo !!
He was probably happy just to get out of there with his lunch money.

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #32
ThePagelJrs

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS black/inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green 11 SS View Post
I got the same thing here in texas too, next day i cut my plate, bent it a little here and there and mounted it on the lower grill. the dealer had already put the black license plate mount on my car so i removed it, put a little fiber glass, painted it and then put two small screws into the black grill inbetween where it originally was and the lower part of the bumper
This is the same that I did. Cut off the top 1/4" of the plate (the bent edge), cut the plate down to 4.5" after that, bent the plate a bit to match the curve of the lower grille, drilled 8 small holes in the plate for zip ties to pass through and zip tie it to the plastic grill. It doesn't look as good as no plate on the front, but I guess that's one of the downsides of living in "The Lone Star State"!
ThePagelJrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #33
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagelJrs View Post
This is the same that I did. Cut off the top 1/4" of the plate (the bent edge), cut the plate down to 4.5" after that, bent the plate a bit to match the curve of the lower grille, drilled 8 small holes in the plate for zip ties to pass through and zip tie it to the plastic grill. It doesn't look as good as no plate on the front, but I guess that's one of the downsides of living in "The Lone Star State"!
Pics please!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #34
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
Here in OH we have to have a plate on the front and the back. I do not have on on the front for the same reason as the OP. IMHO If a cop pulls you over for not having a front plate he either wants to just look at your car, he has absolutely nothing better to do with his time or he is just a complete prick. You would think there would be alot worse or more important crimes he should be attending too besides someone who doesn't have a front plate.

Alright my friend, I'm gonna give you my standard answer here---- If you haven't walked in our shoes then don't complain about what we do until you have.
First, I will say that normally I don't pick on alot of the smaller violations, but I have done alot of tag enforcement for one reason or another (my State only has a rear tag so if its not there--yes you are getting pulled over)
What you call a waste of time or nothing so on and so forth... I am going to say is sometimes a useful and productive law enforcement method. Now mind you I am not going to argue over whether or not 2 tags is or should be required thats your State law nothing the officer can do about that.
Small violations have netted countless wanted violent criminals, drugs, guns, drunks you name it and you call it nothing better to do???? I think I can prove otherwise...
Just FYI there are alot of LEO's on this site... from what I can tell all of them are pretty cool people that have great attitudes about the job. We just don't appreciate the "bashing", but hey you say crap about any other fraternal organization or gang and they aren't going to like it either.
You also might want to read the of this forum before you get hit with the "banhammer".

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 05-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Silverhawk,

From my perspective you, as many of us do, have a job to do. How you do it isn't always up to you, there are rules we all must follow. People will generalize either out of frustration, experience, attitude, or idiocy. You can't let this bother you or your brother officers or it'll ruin any enjoyment you get out of coming to the boards. I am not a LEO, but I am retired military and I remember the days before it was in vogue to thank the troops, police, firefighters, etc (aka pre-911.) Today many people pay lip service to such support out of one side of their mouths and bash them out of the other or through their actions. It's human nature.

Hang in there and try to remember than many people have had bad experiences either through their own doing or through a less than scrupulous officer (they're human too after all!) Don't let it get to you.

Here's to ya!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #36
SILVERHAWK

Tib,

Well put and understood Sir. Guess I was just a little cranky yesterday... with 3 12's (shifts) staring me in the face and NASCAR is town who could blame me. Eventhough I have been told not to address (simply report) these posts by one of the mods its just hard not to.. Sometimes I just have to provide the light to people who are in the dark when they give out their opinions---- for what its worth at least.
Thank you for your military service
Old 05-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #37
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
It's never easy staying silent when someone bashes your profession and all it represents. Hang in there!

And thank you For YOUR service!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #38
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
It's never easy staying silent when someone bashes your profession and all it represents. Hang in there!

And thank you For YOUR service!

Tib

Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #39
accents2b1

Drives: 69,11 pace car 2010 Camaro rs/ss
Send a message via Yahoo to accents2b1
www.automotiveaccentsltd.com front tag bracket
accents2b1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #40
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
manual

automatic

I also saw someone on here put it right inside the lower grille. Cutout for the tag and it hides very neatly inside.
I have the auto almost mounted where they have this one.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #41
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Can the front license plate law be enforced if the state the car is registered doesn't require the front plate but you drive every week to another state that enforces the front plate law?
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #42
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Can the front license plate law be enforced if the state the car is registered doesn't require the front plate but you drive every week to another state that enforces the front plate law?
No. The law for where you have the plates from is the one that matters. AFAIK

Last edited by ctinatx; 05-15-2011 at 09:34 PM.
ctinatx is offline   Reply With Quote