Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #15
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
First, let me say that I realize many people make an decision on a purchase and then REALLY dig their heels in and defend that decision as if IT IS a representation of their EGO. That is a real problem with this country and our culture today, we have an inability to think freely and in an unbiased way and we largely choose our news, commentary and information sources that are tailored to our beliefs and thus just tell us what we want to hear and manipulate us as a consumer. I digress...

I'm very happy with my AGP system, I too wanted to do the Helion Kit @ first because it looks COOL! The top mount Turbos take on the look of a Buick Grand National of which if you search my name you will find my T-Type showcased on GMEFI Ezine.

After talking to a few customers of AGP and a few customers of Helion I decided to go look at some cars with the setups. After reviewing them closely I decided that giving up the top mount look and adding the scavenging oil system was worth the trade off of having a highly functional system that is optimal in it's design from a durability and design perspective. The 1st thing you see is the cast parts, which speak volumes of the investments made in R&D for the kit. Fabbing up tubular turbo manifolds is a must do, not a want too, of turbo kit builders. Cast parts are more consistent from a production stand point and they are much more durable than tig welded tubular steel. The second thing you realize once you see the kits is they are VERY complete. Every nut, bolt, hose, clamp, spring, pipe, harness...EVERYTHING is in the box. It is actually a BOLT on kit and it works right out of the gate. I was able to install my kit myself and it was actually fairly easy and despite the fact that I am more of a journeyman the AGP team called me back everytime I had a question or concern, the customer service was world class. Third, the turbos are located where the factory cats went and where HEAT is meant to go. This makes the system and the car more reliable long term in my opinion. In fact a few people that had the Helion System were dealing with heat issues, plastic melting and hoses melting. There is a picture here in this thread that is the worst case example I'm sure that rarely happens but...

Finally, the current customers of AGP were very supportive of the company and raved about the customer service experience and the product. The MAIN thing you look for in a company is do their current customers recommend them to others...well I'm going that right now. You should make the choice that is right for you but I would recommend an AGP TT system to a friend or family member, that is a big deal for me. If there is a better kit that is built to be reliable, optimizes power and is cost affordable please show me. The quality I got in my kit is on part with the Twin Turbo setups Calvo Motorsports (a friend of mine) makes for his customers that cost over 40K installed. Point being, you get HUGE bang for your buck with AGP and that coupled with the service and support make it a great choice.

I installed the kit in Dec of 15 and absolutely enjoyed it for 4 months until we took the car apart to put in the built motor so we could turn up the boost and make the type of power the turbo's are capable of making.

I am not trying to own the "Worlds Fastest" Camaro, but a Twin Turbo Camaro that is reliable OEM factory car can be making over 1k. If you want the bling factor and nothing else matters the AGP system might not be what you are looking for.

My new motor is being installed right now by AMP in Dallas and we hope to turn the boost up past 17psi to see what the setup will make in the 24-26psi range. We are expecting well over 1100 rwhp. I'll keep you posted.

here are some video of my car:
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809

Last edited by Sakudog; 04-12-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #16
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Another endorsement for AGP. Both the quality of the kit and level of service. My friend who installed my kit was really impressed with it, and he previously had the UPP kit on his car. He said it was just a bunch of random parts thrown in a box. Nothing was marked and a bunch of stuff was missing. When AGP sent the wrong connecters for my O2 sensors, a quick call had the correct ones on the way and in hand in 72 hours. Emails were responded to on a Sunday. Kevin didn't always tell me what I wanted to hear, but he was prompt and courteous every time.
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #17
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Did your insurance company ever pay out for that or just bend you over?
You were one of the guys telling me it was extra laggy too right?

After 2 months of hassling with Insurance they settled my claim but did not pay for any modification. The system made power but I burned through 3 sets of plug wires after double wrapping everything. Had to relocate the fuse box because it did not fit where they said it was supposed to go. If I were to go back in time I would have gone Agp.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #18
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Go hellion. Doesn't make sense why the fastest camaro's in the world with twin turbos are ALL mounted up top in the engine bay... Ill just leave these links here..

Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:16 PM   #19
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Nachos custom twin setup is awesome! I have asked him tons of questions about it. The differences between those and hellion is material and fitment. The kits you just posted are 25k+ it doesn't even compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #20
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
LMAO, I may have to get a strut bar just so I can copy that if you don't mind....
You have to ask Fraxum, it was an idea I stole from him! lol I asked his permission also, and got it. I thought it was frikin hilarious too.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #21
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Go hellion. Doesn't make sense why the fastest camaro's in the world with twin turbos are ALL mounted up top in the engine bay... Ill just leave these links here..

If money is no object, then do whatever looks the best right!? After all, its only money. Sorry I worked to hard for mine. After researching all the heat issues, and plugs that took hours to change, and then more cooling issues like bigger radiators, electric fans, yadda yadda yadda. All that for "flash" lol Not with my money, I am not looking for the "fastest" or most power either and I wouldnt change my decision one bit. Best bang for the buck, and customer service is top notch. Like every other person here has said, Kevin has answered every one of my dumba$$ questions and was happy to do so, and I mean I had some stupid ones. I must have pm'd him a hundred times, he still helped me like i was his first customer.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #22
1LESSCamaro

Drives: 07 Sierra Denali, 15 1LE
I bought my AGP kit used from a member here. That being said Kevin has responded quickly to all my questions. Glad I went with them.
1LESSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #23
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
I'm happy with my AGP aswell. Same here with the service. I think Kevin is available by phone or his computer 24 hours a day.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #24
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
Absolutely AGP! Kevin and Ben are awesome to deal with and very helpful!

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:56 AM   #25
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
If I were to go turbos it would be AGP but I would have kept the procharger lol

Heres my favorite TT Camaro:

https://youtu.be/ncqPwApu__k
Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #26
Jacoup
Ultron

Drives: 2014 UPP TT
AGP ftw.. Thanks for all the feed back.. Kevin has already been really responsive.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:04 AM   #27
pump905

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs black with white rally
well i also would have to endorse AGP i love my turbos, except the loud pump that not so much
Old 04-14-2016, 08:21 AM   #28
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
The AGP kit doesn't stick out under the car your cross member under your oil pan would bottom first.

The Helion kit looks amazing sitting on top.. Maybe a down side would be the extra work moving the fuse box and other things.. And a lot of the critical parts don't come ceramic coated, possible heat close to the hood..

The agp kit downside might be the fear of the scavenger pump going out and not being able to visually see the turbos, also some oil return issues or a little smoke at start up.

After reading the directions of the agp kit and going over the work from the installers I think anyone could install this kit correctly.. (except for HP)

I wish I could give more positive feedback about how I enjoy my kit but I'm going over it part by part step by step... I will never trust another shop again the only thing a shop will do for me again is a tune.

I made the mistake when I started this build to trust a shop and pay for the AGP kit to be installed and a 416 to be R &R. I had the extra money and figured they could do it faster and better than me.... What a joke!

Actually I have been scared to beat on it but the times I have gotten on it hard its performed flawless. I should be finished with the ck list this weekend and some cosmetic mods..

SO far I have cleaned up lines that had to much slack that were on the verged of being kinked and starving the turbos, Some of my wiring harness not pulled and tied out of the way just like the directions say to do, and the wires were melted...and various other things like vacuum lines

How the hell can a shop with directions make that 2 shops now not follow directions.. there are pics and wordings.. I don't care if that's how they do it or not.. Follow the directions.. Cause I guarantee if there is a problem later... some buddy gonna cry and say that not how the directions say to do it we won't cover it..

Kevin at AGP has been very helpful, he all ways helped the incompetent shop with there questions (Even though those MF's at HP didn't listen) and he has helped me sort there mess and is still doing so. The customer service has be awesome.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 04-14-2016 at 09:01 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote