Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #57
ss2nv

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SSRS
6ft 3 285lbs and no sunroof.
ss2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #58
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Hey,I'm 6' 7", 250lb. my fit is ok, mustang had more head room, but camaro had more room everywhere else. Anyway, watch the springs for back support in the drivers seat. I had about 1200 miles on the car when I felt sort of a pop in the back support. My mid to lower back felt like it sunk back into the seat. I wasn't sure if the springs were just seating or if something broke. After a month or so of driving after the seat pop, my lower back was hurting badly. Never had issues with my back. Had the GM service dept look at the seat when I went in to get a weather strip replaced. They said no issue, checked frame, OK. Unzipped seat cover 2 days later and found 2 of the 3 springs had unhooked from the side frame. Or should I say the cheap, repeat cheap, thin springs had opened up where they hooked on to the frame. Spent about 2hrs getting springs back on and tried bending them to stay on. The springs are holding for now, but I do not anticipate them staying. It will be a future issue. So for the members stating that an adjustable lumbar support would be nice, take a look at your springs for now. I was going to add foam in this area until I found this issue. And yes, this did correct my back pain. Sorry for the long read.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote