Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 AM   #15
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I had the OEM battery last me 6 years before replacing it October of 2015. Replaced it with a braille battery. Great little battery.

As far as the duralast, I had my Acura MDX's battery replaced last year with a duralast Gold battery. No problems so far, although during a light cleaning of the engine bay noticed it was leaking from the top of the battery. Wiped it down and nothing has leaked since.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #16
Curts14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS LS3; 1967 Camaro SS
Battery Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Didn't they offer to replace it or even give you your money back?
Last time I took my Camaro to the local dealer here, I vowed I would never take it to them, again. I purchased the Camaro from Reeder Chevrolet in Knoxville, Tennessee, and consider them the best Chevrolet Dealer on the planet, but they are 1,632 miles away. So, I just replaced the battery, myself. I could probably notify the service manager, Alan, at Reeder and he would probably take care of the issue over the phone. When the local dealer here, refused to sell me Dexos oil to do my own oil changes, Reeder in Knoxville said they would ship it to me.
Curts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Diehard Gold for me! Going on a year with it since I replaced my OEM Battery.
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:43 AM   #18
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurshot View Post
Yesterday, I went to move my SS...the door unlocked, but that was all the juice it had. The battery wouldn't even unlatch the trunk to gain access to the battery. I had to put a charger on the jump lug under the hood to charge it enough to open the trunk.

Relatives will be flying in in a few days and I need the car up 100%.

It's a 2014 with 30,000. Same exact battery that was in my 2014 GMC that went out 7-8 months ago. They must put a timer in these Delco batteries that kills them.

Drove all around town in SoCal looking for a battery. Costco, Sams, no fit. Sears, the line was an hour deep. Landed in Autozone. They had a perfectly sized replacement H7 in a few grades. I went for the AGM (absorbed glass Matt) technology like I put in the truck. $225 out the door.

Anyone have good or bad info on Duralast batteries?
Is it vented?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:45 AM   #19
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Replaced my original battery 2 weeks ago. Went back with OEM AC Delco. Makes sense for me because I work at a GM dealership
Old 12-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #20
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Original battery just got replaced. My car is a 2010 SS with 41k miles. I think the cold weather really killed it here. Replaced with a Gold Durlast from Autozone. Paid about 200 for it. Hopefully it last as long as the original.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #21
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I changed out my factory battery on my SS after 5 years just because I felt it was due.
Put in a Interstate MTP-94R H7. That was 2 years ago. Replacing the battery before it
fails is a lot easier then getting stuck somewhere with a dead batter.
Yup, did the same exact thing and purchased my Interstate battery for $165. The handle that came with the Interstate battery made it a lot easier to replace .... just a nice touch of convience.