Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
How do drivers drive in your state????

I wrote this out a couple years ago (looks to be back in early to mid 05) & went looking for it again today for another site lol.

This is how MOST Seattle drivers drive. *This is NOT a fib its 100% true.

City Morning communte:
Coffee in Right hand, Food in left hand, Cellphone pressed between ear & Shoulder (it dont matter which). Right Elbow messing with sound system or something on that side of car (note: they are not droping a drop of their coffee while doing this) Left elbow Holding up a notebook, pen in mouth writing things down. (Note: they also apply makeup or shave with this elbow)
Sometimes you see a toothbrush attached to steering wheel & the driver using it to brush teeth .

Evening communte:
Coffee in Right hand, food in left hand, Left middle finger sticking out the window (on a nice day) Doing what it does best, Cellphone pressed between ear & shoulder.Right elbow messing with something down on the right side of the car, Left elbow hairbrush brushing hair for hot date.

Now that cell phones are illegal to have while driving they still drive with them & now they still text lol. GET OFF THE PHONE & DRIVE people lol

Ok Weather driving
Rain (you think people that live in washington state will know how to drive in the rain by now but you guest wrong!!!!!) Most drivers around here drive 10-15 Miles BELOW the speed limit * OMG its raining I am scaredddddddddddd*

Add wind in with the rain & OMG I am going to be pushed off the road by the wind & rain, IN THE DITCH

Sun 10-15 Miles below speed limit *OMG that thing is Bright*

Snow In the ditch

Ice In the ditch

Now for the fun part how do we Washington people give Directions?
How do you think? By Coffee shops or expresso stands. They are everywhere.
Its either that or by stuff like take a right at the barn that burnt down 100yrs ago *WTF? I wasnt around a 100yrs ago* Now its a MALL!!!!!!! & of course you go looking for somesort of barn that was burnt down 100yrs ago only to find out it is now the local Mall & then you are wondering why they didnt tell you that in the first place.

I am not lying here you guys. I had a job interview a couple years back at a local college & the gal told me to come in to the building by the Expresso stand with the red & white stripped billboard (ok? heck their was 10 of them) then walk down the hall & turn left at the student cafe shop Then go down the stairs & take a right after you get passed the PLU Expresso stand & the office is 10 doors down.

There were like 100 coffee stands in this one flipping college & I wouldnt be suprised if there was one in each of the flipping dorms.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Archias
Corvette Canine

Drives: Black 2008 Corvette M6
some general common laws we have for driving in Georgia:

Speed limits are for you tourists

Radar Speed stations are for seeing if your can get to 110mph on that straightaway after the Walmart

Yield signs are for cowards

Merging traffic into your lane is a direct challenge to your manhood and cannot be allowed to pass.

Also, one must not only watch for deer wandering into traffic in the fall but also drunk deer hunters.

ATVs and golf carts have right of way
Archias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
KJinni

1 in 8 drivers in Arizona drives illegally

Aside from that sad fact... all these old people visit us in the winter (we call them Snowbirds). They drive 10 under on average.
KJinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Drivers

Horrible around my area in Central Wisconsin. I drive to Milwaukee 10-12 times a year to attend Brewer Games and fly out of Mitchell Airport. I would feel safer drivin thru Milwaukee rush hour traffic then drivin around my town. Last weekend I almost got killed. A older lady in a big old mercruy passed my camaro on the left lane going in the wrong direction. Thank god I was in the right lane. People around me don't understand the concepts of a green arrow. It means go I honked my horn several times a year. They don't understand what a turning lane is for? I was behind a car in the right lane so they decided to turn left. Umm what is a turning lane?
The last two times I traveled over to Appleton I saw a 5 car pileup and another 3 car pileup. It's just odd living in a town with 24,000 population you think the roads would be safer but the drivers are just sooo stupid. I would like to send the drivers down to Milwaukee to see if they COULD acutally drive?
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Nj has the best drivers...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
nuts here too.even crazier when it rains.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
RI drivers are the worst. And I'm not even just saying that. There is quantifiable research and evidence that statistically proves that every time I drive my car the chances of an idiot hitting it go up.
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...rica-by-state/

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ar/p151501.asp

http://hubpages.com/hub/Worst_Drivers_In_America

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...-drivers-live/

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/states-...0790148&page=3

We may not always be the "worst" but we are consistently in the bottom 5. Other states come and go but RI drivers always suck. If you add in snowy weather the stupidity level goes up by about 10. It's like their memory lasts 9 months and every year they need to relearn that snow+ice=Brakes less effective and (4x4,AWD)does not=stopping ability. Just cause they can get going 70mph in a storm doesn't mean you'll come to a stop.

I think I need to move. I'm becoming bitter.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
People here drive slow...like 35 in a 50 all the freaking time and even slower if it starts to rain. Oh, and they have no clue what a "passing lane" is.

They pull out in front of you and instead of stepping on the gas go about 10 -15mph for a good 1/4 mile...when the next car behind you is at least 1/2 mile away and they could have waited.

On roads with 2-3 lanes going each direction they will be in say the left lane and wait to decide they needed to make a right at the intersection they needed to turn at, and just stop in the middle of the road almost causing a pile up trying to get over.

A few times a week I see some idiot approach a steady green light and stop to stare at it = WTF.

And the list could go on and on, but these are some things I see almost every day that annoy the hell out of me
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #10
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
They drive like Massholes...

They hit me.....constantly.....'nuff said
Old 10-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
In the left lane, at the speed limit , completely ****ing up the flow of traffic, cause nobody ****ing cares about anyone but them self here!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #12
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Texas isn't to bad but in my area (near a military instillation) we have people from all over the country and it seems like all the other states are sending us their worst drivers because for lack of a better term they are MORONS!!!!!!!

at least twice a week I will have some Jack@$$ look right at me then pull out in front of me anyway.......

OH and don't let it rain..........You would think the world has ended........
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
To OP, you get props for surviving Seattle traffic. I do that a couple times a year and it is, IMHO, the closest thing to traffic hell this side of the Mississippi. I think it's even worse than Chicago. If I lived there, there is no way I'd drive a Camaro into town. I think I'd get something like the A-Team van with a massive brush guard on the front.

Here it's pretty much all over the place. Everything from farm trucks to the rich & impatient. At least the drunk drivers usually start nice and early so you can see them more easily in the daylight.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote