Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #43
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
It seems your quote makes the drviing without a plate the reason he was rear ended. I guess if he would have stopped to put the plate on before leaving, he would have arrived at the yield sign a bit later, thus the BMW would have been there first and it could have been him hitting the BMW, so I say, not having the plate, saved him from rear ending a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Okay on the tint - I guess you were referring to window tint in your earlier reply.

You certainly were unfortunate to have that guy behind you but the fact is, you shouldn't have even been on the road without a license plate. And although that had no impact (pun intended) on the accident, you put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time by driving illegally.

Hope it all turns out alright though.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #44
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Hmm. Not sure why they didn't make one, I always ask. Makes the claim smooth and makes sure the right person is at fault.

Hope everything works out though.

most likely because when you rear end someone it's so clear cut who's at fault that one isn't needed. I'm guessing he just gave you a way to contact him should any problems arise.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #45
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneZZ View Post
I don't have health insurance and will have to pay out of the pocket. How much should I expect to pay?

you don't have health insurance but have a 2013 camaro? well, I guess for another 6 months anyways
Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #46
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I'm actually moving to Cali soon too, lol. Thanks for the info on that! That to me just seems like an issue considering the other person can say it wasn't there fault, etc. I'll be requesting one regardless. Hopefully I don't cause any accidents or in one while I'm living there.
Fault is determined when you file a claim with your insurance company. Your statement of what happened, where it happened and where your damage is assists in determining fault.
Regardless of who is at fault, your collision coverage covers immediate repairs of your car. Your deductible is often waived if it is immediately apparent who is at fault.
Non-injury collisions are considered insurance issues and not police matters. That's why police departments in Ca do not respond to them.
In the case of the OP, fault is easily determined, he was rear-ended.
Fault is dang near impossible to determine when both drivers claim to have a green light at an intersection.
Be careful when driving in Los Angeles. Many drivers don't have insurance or a drivers licesne. Always have uninsured motorist coverage.
I think we are moving towards a day when all of us will be required to have a GoPro sitting on the dash when we drive.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #47
tom231

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneZZ View Post
So I decided to drive to Barnes and Noble and get a book to read.
So, I guess the moral of this story is..... Don't read books!!!
Or, you could get a Nook and download the book at home like my wife does.
tom231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #48
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Op you need to hire a lawyer. Sux it happened but its time to for u to get paid.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #49
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
People here have no clue what a Yield Sign means either. But here they all think it means to stop and look first, before proceeding. I try to tell them that is what a Stop Sign or Rail Road Crossing Sign is for, but they don't believe me.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #50
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Yeah, at the very least you have whiplash, you may have a bulging disc now. So go to the doctor, get an Xray, it won't show whiplash, nothing shows whiplash, soft tissue damage. Then get an MRI to look at your discs in your next.

Then, hire an attorney. If you can handle the depreciation on your own, great, but I think an attorney can get you paid a little injury money. Happened to me, not in the Camaro, years ago, guy in a Uhaul didn't stop for a red light I was stopped at, he plowed into me at 45mph, my truck was fix, medical bills paid, and I got about $10,600 when it was said and done.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #51
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
Op you need to hire a lawyer. Sux it happened but its time to for u to get paid.

this is why insurance is so expensive
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #52
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
this is why insurance is so expensive
You're absolutely correct
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #53
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
What I don't get is if there isn't a cop there to write an incident report what is preventing the other driver at fault from completely denying everything that happened?

If there was noone there to see it, the guy could later say for example that both of you were sitting still and you backed up or rolled back into him. Heck, he could end up giving you false information and you'll never see or hear from the guy ever again.

Seems shady as heck to let something like this just go between the two drivers.
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #54
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
What I don't get is if there isn't a cop there to write an incident report what is preventing the other driver at fault from completely denying everything that happened?

because he'd still be at fault in most situations. not to mention, all he would accomplish is forcing the matter to court where a judge would rule against him pretty quickly. then in addition to damages he'd be paying legal bills too. a person might try a stunt like that, but an insurance company (so long as you don't start suing for a bunch of other stuff) would just pay the claim.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #55
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGUNNER View Post
It was an accident. Using an accident to "get paid" makes you a leach. There is no reason for him not to lawyer up to ensure he's not out of pocket, but to suggest a car accident should be a windfall is as bad as the people who intentionally stop short in front of you, then sue you as their main source of income.

If that is what you are suggesting I only can wish karma pays a visit your way.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #56
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I lawyer for that . Wow, just wow!