Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #43
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
one for me... one for the car... one for me... one for the car
I get two; the car would get one Or does 100 octane count as two?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Well now, I just talk to my neighbor. He is an engineer at GM. And he was part of the team that developed the 2010 camaro. (I won't name him) He likes to walk his dog every evening and stops by to chat about my 2SS every now and again... He loves the car and knows how much I love it too. As he was always skeptical about commiting to answering this question. Is there gonna be a Z-28? Well, he finally cracked and admitted, YES! there will be a 2012 Z-28 Camaro... He's an honest, straight up guy and I believe his words completely. Although, I didn't inquire about an actual release date. I'm so freak'in excited, after talking with him. I came straight inside and logged on, Just to relay the great news... (I'm 52 and I don't get excited about to many thing anymore) Except for my 2SS LS3 RJT. I really love it. (more than my vette) But, I originally wanted a Z-28 when I orderd my 2SS last year. So, I WILL be selling or trading in my 2010 2SS for the Z-28. Damn, I'm so excited... I feel like a teenager again. Honey, break out the champagne. Our world is gonna rock tonight...
Interesting...
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #44
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I get two; the car would get one Or does 100 octane count as two?...
100 octane? you are thinking too small. E100 is closer to 116 octane

then there's the methanol mixture

ooh... and if I could get a hold of some Xylene (despite it carcinogenic properties). tho you do need to run at least 10-15% mixture in your fuel tank to see maximum benefits. ... hmmm....we'll see.

this should keep you busy for a while...

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/pdfs/41853.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Interesting...
sort of
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:31 AM   #45
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
This is supposed to be Bumble Bee for the 3rd Transformer's movie, but is it also the new Z28? It obviously has some Leno bits, but wouldn't GM use the movie to market the Z28 just like it has for the Camaro in general? HMMMMMMMMMM!
Man, I hope the Z28 doesn't come with that gawdy looking spoiler! Talk about cheesey looking!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 AM   #46
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Not to fond of the spoiler either

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #47
DoggyB22

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28, 2016 Camaro SS
This just made my night!

01' Camaro Z28
H/C/I & a 200 shot 450 rwhp & 420 lbtq NA. TBD on spray
16' Camaro SS
LME 416, cammed, high ram intake, ported LT1 heads, stalled. 600 rwhp 550 lbtq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #48
EnfuegoZ28

Drives: 2000 GMC Sonoma
I can't wait to put a new Z28 in my garage! I really hope I can get a Z28 convertible!
EnfuegoZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #49
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...Z28-Confirmed/

I don't think this article has been posted???

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Confirmed
By Nadeem Muaddi

Posted: Jun 02, 2010 10:10 a.m.

Not to be outdone by Ford’s highly-anticipated reintroduction of the Mustang 5.0, Chevrolet is planning to bring back the coveted Camaro Z28.

Karl Stracke, GM’s Vice President of Global Vehicle Engineering, recently confirmed to Motor Trend that the rumored plans are true. MT writes, “Five minutes into the nickel tour of our facilities and out of earshot of his PR handler, Stracke casually served up unprompted confirmation of the return of the Camaro Z/28.”

Top Speed elaborates: “According to him things are going to change for the next Camaro Z28; it will be built on a new Alpha platform (and not the Zeta like the current car). He also said that he doesn’t like the steering wheel controls on the Camaro because they are placed too far and the driver needs to remove his hands from the wheel when trying to reach them. A couple of other tweaks will be made to ensure the new Camaro will be exactly what he wants it to be.”

Not surprisingly, Stracke’s bomb dropping has set off a wave of speculation.

“Stracke didn’t get into much detail about the Z28, but it’s expected to borrow the Caddie CTS-V engine: a venerable 556 horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V8 that fires the V Coupe to 60 in 3.9 seconds,” writes Motor Crave.

Motor Authority adds, “Beyond the upgraded performance, the Z-28 is also expected to get a more aggressive exterior appearance than the current SS, including larger air intakes, front splitter, rear spoiler, and unique interior treatments, with Z-28 badges inside and out.”

All that’s left now is to wait and see. According to Autoblog, “Chevrolet officials have declined to comment on the matter, but we're guessing that it might appear sometime next year as a 2012 model.”

Last edited by BoostedX2; 06-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #50
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
This is supposed to be Bumble Bee for the 3rd Transformer's movie, but is it also the new Z28? It obviously has some Leno bits, but wouldn't GM use the movie to market the Z28 just like it has for the Camaro in general? HMMMMMMMMMM!
Maybe it shows leno bits and is the future Z28 leading one to believe it could well be a track package twin turbo 6.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #51
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...Z28-Confirmed/

I don't think this article has been posted???

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Confirmed
By Nadeem Muaddi

Posted: Jun 02, 2010 10:10 a.m.

Not to be outdone by Ford’s highly-anticipated reintroduction of the Mustang 5.0, Chevrolet is planning to bring back the coveted Camaro Z28.

Karl Stracke, GM’s Vice President of Global Vehicle Engineering, recently confirmed to Motor Trend that the rumored plans are true. MT writes, “Five minutes into the nickel tour of our facilities and out of earshot of his PR handler, Stracke casually served up unprompted confirmation of the return of the Camaro Z/28.”

Top Speed elaborates: “According to him things are going to change for the next Camaro Z28; it will be built on a new Alpha platform (and not the Zeta like the current car). He also said that he doesn’t like the steering wheel controls on the Camaro because they are placed too far and the driver needs to remove his hands from the wheel when trying to reach them. A couple of other tweaks will be made to ensure the new Camaro will be exactly what he wants it to be.”

Not surprisingly, Stracke’s bomb dropping has set off a wave of speculation.

“Stracke didn’t get into much detail about the Z28, but it’s expected to borrow the Caddie CTS-V engine: a venerable 556 horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V8 that fires the V Coupe to 60 in 3.9 seconds,” writes Motor Crave.

Motor Authority adds, “Beyond the upgraded performance, the Z-28 is also expected to get a more aggressive exterior appearance than the current SS, including larger air intakes, front splitter, rear spoiler, and unique interior treatments, with Z-28 badges inside and out.”

All that’s left now is to wait and see. According to Autoblog, “Chevrolet officials have declined to comment on the matter, but we're guessing that it might appear sometime next year as a 2012 model.”
that's news of news. . .and old news all in one.

we've had the MT article for a while now. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #52
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Well 4th Gen. SS's are actually Z28 SS's... So SS is basically an options pack, so there could be a new SS too to correspond to the Z.
Correct

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #53
JS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
No one knows for sure what its gonna be, All this speculation is funny..
Just sit back and wait to see the real info..
Magnaflow Magnapack Axleback & Resonated X-Pipe/OBX LT Headers/Airaid Cold Air Kit/Injection Connection Tuned
JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #54
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I don't speculate......