Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
blcoonrod

Drives: 2011 White LS
Clutch switch?

I am a new owner of a 2011 V6. I would like to over ride the clutch switch so that the clutch doesn't have to be depressed to start the engine. I know that it is a safety feature, but I have always did it on my previous cars. Most of the time there is just 2 wires going into the switch, but on our Camaros there is 3 wires, and I would hate to jump the wrong 2 together and short something out.
blcoonrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Canbus system be very very careful or just don't do it.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blcoonrod View Post
I am a new owner of a 2011 V6. I would like to over ride the clutch switch so that the clutch doesn't have to be depressed to start the engine. I know that it is a safety feature, but I have always did it on my previous cars. Most of the time there is just 2 wires going into the switch, but on our Camaros there is 3 wires, and I would hate to jump the wrong 2 together and short something out.

I had the same idea, don't do it, don't even disconnect the plug, you will be taking it to the dealer if you do.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
like mercuryman said, very bad idea. Best case nothing happens and you can still start your car, worst case you cross the wrong ones and your car wont start regardless of where the pedal is. My suggestion if you have your heart set on it find the wiring diagrams and do some serious studying. Otherwise no touchy
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
My wiring diagram is showing it's the yellow wire in the middle pin. It needs to see a ground signal through a 180ohm resistor. Only time I'd do it is with a relay for remote start purposes, not sure why you would want to permanently disable it.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Just as an aside, why in the world would you really want to do this. You do realize if there is some electrical issue with your car and the dealer takes a look under your dash and sees this jury rigged they have grounds to void your warranty. I mean many wont notice or care, but why risk it?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I have a MSD 2-step we were trying to install. We did a little probing to test for a hot wire in clutch switch to activate the 2-step. Bad idea caused a CEL. Can Bus system works on sending ohm signals. Like I said be careful. You can do damage probing around.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #8
blcoonrod

Drives: 2011 White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
My wiring diagram is showing it's the yellow wire in the middle pin. It needs to see a ground signal through a 180ohm resistor. Only time I'd do it is with a relay for remote start purposes, not sure why you would want to permanently disable it.
Thanks, I will also try to look into the wiring diagram. But if that is the case, then it should be fairly easy to do. The reason I want to do it, is simple, I just don't like pushing the clutch every time I get into it. I know, it's just being lazy, but in the winter I just open the door reach in start then go back inside the house until the car has warmed up. Do you happen to have the wiring diagram in a soft copy? If so could you send it to me? blcoonrod at gmail dot com. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Just as an aside, why in the world would you really want to do this. You do realize if there is some electrical issue with your car and the dealer takes a look under your dash and sees this jury rigged they have grounds to void your warranty. I mean many wont notice or care, but why risk it?

In the first case IF i did have some electrical problems and had to take it back to the dealer, I would put this back factory.
Secondly, I would not call this jury rigged. If I simulated what the clutch switch does, the car would never know the difference.
blcoonrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
No sorry only have a hard printout.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
just don't let the dealer or your insurance carrier find out. Your property, your life, your concience. Do what you want.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote