Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #2563
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I have been to Area 50 and Area 52 and there is no Area 51. At least that you know of. Strange thing... I didn't see any Camaro's there either but I am thinking they were cloaked. Nelson has the patent on that too.
WMD Class for Radiological/Nuclear???

I went, it was amazing being the history buff I am...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #2564
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Bruce, it was good to see you again and to meet your wife.
If you all get something going for south Georgia, I'll come down. Might even have our Camaro shop car by then

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #2565
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

I figured out where he got his screenname, my daughter and I were visiting with him and his wife, Mindz drives by heading for the 1320 to make a run. He tells his wife, "Baby, I need to get a vid of this run, I'll be right back!"

We start walking (speedwalking) that way and I told him there were no cars staged so Mindz would be 1st up, so he starts running to the bleachers... My legs were sore the next day trying to keep up with him for 5 minutes
Man, had you guys yelled I would have gladly driven someone down to the staging lanes so you guys didn't have to run. lol.

The whole weekend was phenomenal and I really can't wait for another opportunity to meet you guys. I didn't think that doing the roadcourse was going to take up a whole day and I spent so much time bouncing from group to group trying to introduce myself to people that I really didn't get much time to spend hanging out with anyone in particular unless they were one of the 7 in "the Circle of Trust of which there is no honesty". It's too bad Mlee was kicked out. =/

Next time you're in Cali, please give me a call Bruce. You and your wife were a pleasure to chat with. =)
Old 04-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #2566
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Man, had you guys yelled I would have gladly driven someone down to the staging lanes so you guys didn't have to run. lol.

The whole weekend was phenomenal and I really can't wait for another opportunity to meet you guys. I didn't think that doing the roadcourse was going to take up a whole day and I spent so much time bouncing from group to group trying to introduce myself to people that I really didn't get much time to spend hanging out with anyone in particular unless they were one of the 7 in "the Circle of Trust of which there is no honesty". It's too bad Mlee was kicked out. =/

Next time you're in Cali, please give me a call Bruce. You and your wife were a pleasure to chat with. =)

We need to know next time you are here. Maybe when SST is up and running.
I somehow didn't get to meet the wife.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #2567
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I wish more people would have come by the Granatelli Tent and introduced themselves. - WE got to meet a lot of people but it was hard to put a face with a forum name. I am sure many came by to look around and never stopped too. :(

I wanted to meet more people
Hey JR,

I tried to introduce myself to you at SEMA but you appeared disgruntled about something. You said hi, that's great and walked off...I didn't see you at the Fest or I would have tried again.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #2568
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
So which computer still isn't working? You said major computer wasnt working, but they all seem majority important to this.
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #2569
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
So which computer still isn't working? You said major computer wasnt working, but they all seem majority important to this.
TEC3r - the truly "main" computer. Think one of the plugs from the factory ECU got crossed with one from this and popped it when it powered up. :(

I believe a new one is on the way...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #2570
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Hey JR,

I tried to introduce myself to you at SEMA but you appeared disgruntled about something. You said hi, that's great and walked off...I didn't see you at the Fest or I would have tried again.
SEMA is pure stress. I count pennies and that show runs us a bit over 20k. So $5,000 a day. If I came off rushed - I am super sorry
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #2571
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
TEC3r - the truly "main" computer. Think one of the plugs from the factory ECU got crossed with one from this and popped it when it powered up. :(

I believe a new one is on the way...
Lets hope it gets to you soon after all the wait you have been thru you deserve a good strong SST. Maybe the computer not working was a coincidence since you didn't have a right yoke before the Fest, (still not sure if you do). But good luck to you Bruce! Hope your safe with your beast! Camaro's and parts are replaceable, but not you
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #2572
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Lets hope it gets to you soon after all the wait you have been thru you deserve a good strong SST. Maybe the computer not working was a coincidence since you didn't have a right yoke before the Fest, (still not sure if you do). But good luck to you Bruce! Hope your safe with your beast! Camaro's and parts are replaceable, but not you
Good point... It could have made a mess of the underside if it let loose. Maybe it was meant to be
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #2573
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:

I would enjoy seeing you and your wife again. Maybe we could all go out to dinner or something.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #2574
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I would enjoy seeing you and your wife again. Maybe we could all go out to dinner or something.
X2
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #2575
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Good point... It could have made a mess of the underside if it let loose. Maybe it was meant to be
Thanks Guys. Yeah, it was one of those we had so many "signs" telling us don't drive it so I guess it was meant to be. Plus we had a F'n blast at C5Fest no matter what. Had fun driving the Black 2011 Camaro rental. The V6 made a little less power than the SST, but we still flew on the trip there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
X2
Thanks. It'd be fun to see you guys too. When I am out there for the road tuning (which shouldn't be too, too far in the future) we'll give a shout out. It'd be fun to see the California crew again. Plus I love that drive through Topanga Canyon and Malibu Canyon. So much fun to drive. Also, a couple of small 14" wide tread marks here and there couldn't hurt...lol
Old 04-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #2576
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Maybe you'll need some tuning in the slightly colder weather up here in norcal also on your trip out here.

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo